Cheryl Cole's 'Promise this' is actually a really great single!

Comments

• Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it, at first I thought wtf is she doing churning out this trollop but after listening to it its' a grower and I can't turn it off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I really like it, apart from her French pronunciation, she sounds like she is saying allez, which means to go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Even worse than I thought it would be :|
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    It's funny how only on forums do people use words like bint, tripe, utter drivel, crock of etc..... Nobody says that in day to day conversation.

I'm not proud of it but I actually use bint very regularly in every day life to describe any sort of stupid, annoying woman. I don't know what you're trying to suggest with your little comment there, really.
  • Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    what a bizarre song. its OK, just not what i was expecting. it will do well, though i cant help thinking that if it was released by an unknown, then it probably wouldnt do half as well.
  • spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    what a bizarre song. its OK, just not what i was expecting. it will do well, though i cant help thinking that if it was released by an unknown, then it probably wouldnt do half as well.

Doesn't that go for every single ever song? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    Doesn't that go for every single ever song? :confused:

Not every single song, but every song by Cheryl and other overrated popstrels that are adored solely for their image and not their "talent".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    'Promise This' may not have quite the same clout as 'Fight For This Love' but is a good step in the right direction for Cheryl, whose solo career is bound to go from strength to strength after adding another, electro-pop, arrow to her bow.

xxVxx
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jack762 wrote: »
    I really like it, apart from her French pronunciation, she sounds like she is saying allez, which means to go.

Hah, I thought she was saying 'Allez'. There's something quite soulless about Cheryl's earlier singles and this, can't help liking it though. It's solid rather than spectacular, like all her previous releases IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this song is class. The radio rip doesn't sound great though. I can't wait for the HQ.
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lost-boy wrote: »
    I think this song is class. The radio rip doesn't sound great though. I can't wait for the HQ.

It's pretty easy to find.

http://wakeuphope.tumblr.com/post/1137369256/cheryl-cole-promise-this-hq

10 times better than the radio rip but still nothing amazing. I think it's alright and am a bit mythed at the harsh reaction it's getting.
    At least it's different instead of the same old rnb lite crap.
  • Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I'm not proud of it but I actually use bint very regularly in every day life to describe any sort of stupid, annoying woman. I don't know what you're trying to suggest with your little comment there, really.

It was nothing against you, I just have never ever heard anyone say these obscure words in real life.

usually it would be bullshit, slag, rubbish etc...:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »
    It's pretty easy to find.

http://wakeuphope.tumblr.com/post/1137369256/cheryl-cole-promise-this-hq

10 times better than the radio rip but still nothing amazing. I think it's alright and am a bit mythed at the harsh reaction it's getting.
    At least it's different instead of the same old rnb lite crap.

Thank you :)

I really hope the album isn't called 'Messy Little Raindrops'. It sounds like something a brownie would sing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, it's actually growing on me. Hopefully there will be better on the album.

Anyone know who produced this?
  • KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have people on this thread gone deaf? Its dire! Over produced to the hills! Also the production on the vocals is so polished and effect laden anyone could be singing!
  • musicman099musicman099 Posts: 2,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REMINDER

The video premiers tonight, 9.45pm on ITV2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    REMINDER

The video premiers tonight, 9.45pm on ITV2

Thanks :D I didn't know that. It's raining like there's no tomorrow so I'm not going out :) Straight after The X Factor.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. It does sound a little hectic though.
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really love to see how well her solo music would perform if she wasn't an X Factor judge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really love to see how well her solo music would perform if she wasn't an X Factor judge.

Bad, but she is an X Factor Judge so there.
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    21:45 on ITV2
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    Liking the look of this :)
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    same i love it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're desperate for people to see this huh?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just showed the video on Xtra Factor :)