Options

Transformers: Dark of the Moon trailer

Comments

• Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Megan Fox is disappointing, but as long as the CGI destruction is as good as it has been so far, I'll be happy.

Always have to laugh at detractors of the Transformers films, who think they're actually supposed to have any sort of meaningful dialogue or story!:D Either appreciate them or hate them for what they are, but don't suggest that they should be something they've no need to be.
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I'll probably get slagged for this but I quite like Michael Bay.

Critics absolutely haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate him but I've always enjoyed his movies and from a technical viewpoint I think he is a very good director.

*awaits stoning*
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MojoMaster wrote: »
    What's nice about it? lol

Jazz ... mmmm .... nice [/fast show] ;)
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member

Critics absolutely haaaaaaaaaaaaaaate him but I've always enjoyed his movies and from a technical viewpoint I think he is a very good director.

Agrees with you :)
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Agrees with you :)

yaaaaay :D
  • Options
    Turnbull2000Turnbull2000 Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Don't know what to expect from this. The trailers for the first two movies were great, but only the first one turned out to be good. The second one was just painful - horrible storey, annoying robots (those f*cking twins grr), and overdone CGI. Just awful.
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know what to expect from this. The trailers for the first two movies were great, but only the first one turned out to be good. The second one was just painful - horrible storey, annoying robots (those f*cking twins grr), and overdone CGI. Just awful.

For me, apart from the lack of story, the second film suffered a lot from the absence of Jon Voight who I felt bought some gravitas to the first film. There were far too many annoying human characters in the sequal as well as all the even worse CGI ones.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boring, pointless, and totally disappointing trailer. Really doesn't tell us anything about the film or build up any kind of hype. Utter fail.

Anyway, the second TF movie was so dreadful I don't know if I'll bother with this even for free on DVD. I really loved the first one, too, for the cheesy, popcorn summer flick it was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who thought T2 was better than the relatively boring T1? Far more action and a better storyline.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That new transformer looks like eric idle's character from the old cartoon movie.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/askville/5481910_8832287_mywrite/tf.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought T2 was better than the relatively boring T1? Far more action and a better storyline.

did the second one have a story ?
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it was about huge robots f**king shit up all over town.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    did the second one have a story ?

Well, something that can loosely be described as a story :p

T1 seemed to be "These bad robots are coming to Earth to destroy it and we're the goodies who are gonna stop them", with relatively little action to back it up. Whilst T2 had the whole death of Optimus sideplot on top of a more focused enemy plot (harnessing the sun's energy), with at least twice as much action.

Both films have ridiculous dialogue, hammy acting and relatively cliched stories, but T2 had vastly superior action.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO both films films draaaagged at some point during the middle. The first I thought had fantastic soundtrack and was an enjoyable switch of your brain flick. Probably my favourite guilty pleasure I know I should hate it but I can't, however, at the cinema halfway through I was just bored. Rewatched when it returned on Sky Movies and enjoyed it.

The second film, from the trailer didn't have me excited. IMO the film itself was the Megan Fox film with a Green Day soundtrack. No fascinating storyline, dragged again and occasionally impossible to follow action and didn't enjoy it the second time either. John Turturro was the greatest thing about it. And the mum!!!! Possibly the most annoying character I have ever seen in a film and no character has really annoyed me but she really was. It was just trying too hard to be funny to the point where it felt awkward to be watching it with people, the mum, the transformer with testicles, the foul mouthed robots and on top of all that a robot humps Megan Fox's leg. MICHAEL BAY WHAT THE ****!!!!

Don't know how I feel about the trailer for the third, probaly wait for the proper theatrical trailer with Sam and the robots.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd recreate the Unicron storyline.

That Transformer on the poster looks like Sentinel Prime, the robot who looked after the Matrix before Optimum Prime.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d8/Sentinelprime.jpg/240px-Sentinelprime.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Well, something that can loosely be described as a story :p

T1 seemed to be "These bad robots are coming to Earth to destroy it and we're the goodies who are gonna stop them", with relatively little action to back it up. Whilst T2 had the whole death of Optimus sideplot on top of a more focused enemy plot (harnessing the sun's energy), with at least twice as much action.

Both films have ridiculous dialogue, hammy acting and relatively cliched stories, but T2 had vastly superior action.

I'm still tying to make sense of the plot of the 1st film --

Megatron wants the cube , keeps on bout it , yet when shia holds it up to him the cube fizzes and jumps inside megatron and destroys him ... why did it do that ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

*awaits stoning*

I'm with you. I do like most of his films, as long as I switch my mind off certain things.

1. Pearl Harbour was shit, no two ways about it. He made one of the most emotional and dangerous times in US and world history seem boring. And the hystorical "accuracy" was shameful.

He's much better with the sci-fi stuff.

I was watching RotF recently, and it is a mess, hard to follow, and the geographical continuity is a joke. But the man can pull off an action scene. And while watching, I remind myself what I am watching. A movie based onb a toy.

When one recalls the straight to DVD "Barbie" movies on the shelves on the old Whoolworths, one can maybe appreciate what he has achieved.

If during one of his films, I start to notice the stupidly short cuts, it can REALLY grate though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Megatron wants the cube , keeps on bout it , yet when shia holds it up to him the cube fizzes and jumps inside megatron and destroys him ... why did it do that ?

I used to be like you. :)

Try this though, and I am not joking. When watching, try to imagine it is what it is. A live action cartoon based on an older cartoon, based on a kids toy.

As soon as you view it as a "cartoon" you don't mind if Optimus sword cuts straight through some robots, and bounces off others. Just like Bugs Bunny can pull a carrot from behind his back, or an Anvil....lol.

As a movie based on a toy range, it is staggering. They sure as hell did'nt have stuff like that in my day....lol. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

The cube is all powerful, Megatron wants it to use it for naughty things.
    Optimus told Sam that they must keep the cube in a safe place where Megatron cannot find it, but if it all goes pear shaped then he must insert the cube into his chest to destroy it which would also destroy Optimus in the process.
    So it went pear shaped and instead of destroying Optimus an opertunity arose to insert it into Megatrons chest instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The cube is all powerful, Megatron wants it to use it for naughty things.
    Optimus told Sam that they must keep the cube in a safe place where Megatron cannot find it, but if it all goes pear shaped then he must insert the cube into his chest to destroy it which would also destroy Optimus in the process.
    So it went pear shaped and instead of destroying Optimus an opertunity arose to insert it into Megatrons chest instead.

what opportunity ? he just holds it up and the cube flies into megatron's chest , does the cube choose to destroy megatron ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superior wrote: »
    I used to be like you. :)

Try this though, and I am not joking. When watching, try to imagine it is what it is. A live action cartoon based on an older cartoon, based on a kids toy.

As soon as you view it as a "cartoon" you don't mind if Optimus sword cuts straight through some robots, and bounces off others. Just like Bugs Bunny can pull a carrot from behind his back, or an Anvil....lol.

As a movie based on a toy range, it is staggering. They sure as hell did'nt have stuff like that in my day....lol. :D

oh I accept that it was generally dumb , but I was just wondering about this issue of the cube 'cos everyone was after it , it didn't make sense to me but I was just wondering if i missed something .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    what opportunity ? he just holds it up and the cube flies into megatron's chest , does the cube choose to destroy megatron ?

Optimus says to Sam to put the cube in his chest, Megatron leans over Sam, Sam stands up and pushes cube up into Megatrons chest.
    Hows that so hard to understand?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Optimus says to Sam to put the cube in his chest, Megatron leans over Sam to reach for cube, Sam stands up and pushes cube up into Megatron.
    Hows that so hard to understand?

does megatron have no say in the matter ? he just allows it to be put into his chest ??

and if that's all they had to do why didn't they do that in the first place ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    is it just me that finds the transformers have too much detail and that less would be better in terms of design and animation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    does megatron have no say in the matter ? he just allows it to be put into his chest ??

and if that's all they had to do why didn't they do that in the first place ?
    Obviously, it wasnt in the script.:D