Who else will miss Duncan in Hollyoaks?

SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
Forum Member
I thought he was a really entertaining character and liked his friendship with Ricky a lot. It's a real shame he has left. I hope he wasn't axed. How popular is he?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    He was fab !!! xx
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    I didn't like how they made him out to be a fat joke, but he was a good character, I loved his friendship with Ricky and his goodbye scenes with Ruby showed how wasted they were as siblings. They should have had more sibling scenes and even brought up their parents who obviously treated them badly.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    I will,found him annoying initally,but liked his friendships with Ricky and Darren,shame Duncan and Lee didnt have many scenes together,they had a mutual friend in Darren too.Liked the Duncan plot where he fancied Mandy:).Pity Duncan and Rhys didnt have a final scene
  • haygrandhaygrand Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Duncan was brilliant. :(
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I felt Duncan and Ricky was a bit like Max and OB, a great friendship bwteen them and good with Darren too. Duncan will be missed, perfect exit and very touching.
  • thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll miss him, it was a great friendship with Ricky, glad they did'nt kill him off so that he could come back, that was a big mistake with O.B and Max, killing one off as it means the friendship can never be reunited.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Me! I didn't like him to begin with but he was a lovely normal teenager - loved his scenes with Darren and Ricky. His exit was emotional :cry:.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww I loved duncan:)
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did he leave? I thought his friendship with Ricky was great.
  • essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,208
    Forum Member
    AngiBear wrote: »
    How did he leave? I thought his friendship with Ricky was great.

he got a job in spain working for Neville Ashworth
  • AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    essexpete wrote: »
    he got a job in spain working for Neville Ashworth

Thank you for the prompt response EssexPete. I think he had loads of potential as a character, especially getting together with Kelly.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I liked him, but hated that he was always a comedy character. He was a much better character than than the likes of Bart and Gaz.
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Me, definitely. I was gutted when I heard he was leaving, I feel like I've watched him grow up! Same as loads on here, I hated how they treated him when he first came in, just as this big fat joke - hated it. But they turned him into a really nice guy, even if he was daft. Loved him with Darren to bits. And with Ricky. He made me laugh so much, but he still seemed human with it.

I just don't know how HO can have got him (and Ricky, Esther, Seth and Ruby) so right, and have made such a mess of the new kids. :( But hey, I'm just glad he got a really brilliant exit, with all the Osborne family there. His dance-off was one of the highlights of Later for me this year. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will :cry:! Likewise I didn't like him at the start, but he has got so funny in the last year! He had some great lines!

They seemed to just give him something daft to do all the time though. Dance as a cheerleader, miss his blanket or dress up as a girl.

And Fit Camp was great, Duncan matured in it!
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    I will, a bit. As others have said, I liked his double act with Ricky and I loved him and Darren together. Darren is great with the younger characters. Not sure what they're going to do with Ricky now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I will :) I loved the scenes between Duncan & Ricky :) Will miss him loads.. and ofcourse the scenes with Darren aswell
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the guy who owns relish
  • sheepiestarsheepiestar Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Awww I'm gonna miss him heaps :(

I confess I absolutely hated him when he first came in as his "fat joke" character was just so silly (in a bad way) and made me really annoyed but by the time he left he was one of my favourites. I absolutely loved his relationship with Darren. I almost shed a tear when Darren was reading the letter Duncan wrote to him when he left :cry:

Sorry but I don't feel the love for the Ricky friendship but that's probably because I have always found Ricky intensely annoying (get a haircut!). I can see they had a good friendship but I didn't enjoy anything with Ricky in it.