Was Luisa good on Apprentice this year?

SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
Forum Member
✭✭✭
By "good", I should clarify "horrendous, but hella entertaining and show stealing/trouble making" - ie, as she is now?

Skipped Apprentice past couple years, almost tempted to go back and watch that series now...

Comments

• WhitiaminWhitiamin Posts: 2,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SweetSyrup wrote: »
    By "good", I should clarify "horrendous, but hella entertaining and show stealing/trouble making" - ie, as she is now?

Skipped Apprentice past couple years, almost tempted to go back and watch that series now...

no she was as vindictive and nasty as she is in the house, she is just a very spoiled attention seeking at any cost loathsome human being.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She was great on it and should have won, there was a big drama when she sacked the pm and took over herself.

The final lord sugar wasn't convinced she wanted it that badly and felt she would have been a risk
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was actually one of the reasons I gave up watching mid series of the last The Apprentice!

Just like Big Brother and the XFactor, it was becoming far too predictable who was going to go through. These days, it's mainly the fame wannabes who make it to the Apprentice finals.
  • JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Have to disagree with some of the people here, she was no different than some of the other big personalities in previous seasons. Skill-wise she was pretty decent though with only one or two real-cock ups and delivering a well thought out business plan. Personality-wise she was a bit catty at times but the fact is most from her season went away liking her.
    She was actually one of the reasons I gave up watching mid series of the last The Apprentice!

Just like Big Brother and the XFactor, it was becoming far too predictable who was going to go through. These days, it's mainly the fame wannabes who make it to the Apprentice finals.

Right... Other than Luisia, who else has actually gone on a 'Fame wannbe' circuit in the last few years? Nobody that's who.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kate whats-her-name? She ended up presenting that terrible show on CH5.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    She was pretty much the same as she is in CBB - confident, abrasive, competitive, childish, petty....
    But there were a few likeable candidates on The Apprentice (at least to me) that she didn't get on with at all and I thought she was really unpleasant to them. So I rooted against her every week and was thrilled she didn't win. Ironically she ended up being the risky candidate with a safe idea but lost to the safe candidate with the risky idea.

In the CBB house the people she's been against were either tough enough to take her on or I didn't really give a toss about, so she's been much better in my mind. Though it also could be that she's more suited to CBB than a more professional atmosphere.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Jamesbuc wrote: »
    Have to disagree with some of the people here, she was no different than some of the other big personalities in previous seasons. Skill-wise she was pretty decent though with only one or two real-cock ups and delivering a well thought out business plan. Personality-wise she was a bit catty at times but the fact is most from her season went away liking her.

Right... Other than Luisia, who else has actually gone on a 'Fame wannbe' circuit in the last few years? Nobody that's who.

Kate Hopkins ?

There was another blonde woman .. Can't think of her name but she ended up with a presenting job.
  • JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    Puppy_Junk wrote: »
    Kate whats-her-name? She ended up presenting that terrible show on CH5.

2009 that was. Im talking the last few (3/4) years.

Even if you take the whole of the Apprentice, there have been very few fame-chasers throughout.
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally thought her season was the most entertaining season of The Apprentice UK ever.

And yes, she's just as horrendous on it. I liked when she bullied a man and staged a coup. It was hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member

I wouldn't say it's worth watching just for her. But yes, she's pretty much the same in both programmes. So if that's the sort of performance you like then you'd enjoy the series.

Jason was the one who made the last Apprentice worth watching for me.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Kate Hopkins ?

There was another blonde woman .. Can't think of her name but she ended up with a presenting job.

Kate Walsh used to turn up on bots a lot but seems to have disappeared
  • gemsmummygemsmummy Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, she was as obnoxious and bullying as she is on BB.
  • SkafaceSkaface Posts: 4,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was ok until she was nasty to poor Jason (my favourite).

To me, it was like watching Bambi being slowly skinned alive and disembowelled by a rabid wolf. I didn't like it and I didn't like her after that. :cry:
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Luisa wasn;t just good, she was by fay the most capable candidate (from a purely business sense)in that whole series (well her and Neil). She excelled at a number of tasks.

The 'Jason' incident is typically massively overplayed on these forums and IMO is also totally mis-representative of what actually happened.

On DS, this should not surprise us. ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    She made The Apprentice this year - Clue: it's a reality TV show.

Skaface wrote: »
    To me, it was like watching Bambi being slowly skinned alive and disembowelled by a rabid wolf. I didn't like it and I didn't like her after that. :cry:
    Bambi will never run a big business. The Apprentice is like Monopoly - it's not about being nice, it's about enjoying being a tw4t.
  • I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    She was pretty good if you consider "you all dislike me as i'm attractive" to be a good tactic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,927
    Forum Member
    I <3 Tweety wrote: »
    She was pretty good if you consider "you all dislike me as i'm attractive" to be a good tactic.
    Cobblers. The point about Luisa is she runs a whole load of tactics side by side. If that was the only one she played, then yeah, weak. But she doesn't go in one gun blazing, she goes in all guns blazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesbuc wrote: »

There's been a couple of Kates who've often been on our screens since actually ;-)

If Luisa and the likes want to use The Apprentice (BB etc) to start or further their fame hungry careers that's up to them of course. It's even more so common in other reality shows. But there are still contestants who genuinely enter The Apprentice for the experience, hoping to finance their business, to work with Alan Sugar etc.

IMO, I feel The Apprentice seemed to have started off as a great and genuine business/talent competition but fast turning into a predictable entertainment show.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

With respect, I can categorically say that your statement above is nonsense (IMO of course;-)) and has no basis in actual fact with regard to how she fared in the Apprentice. It's also totally mis-representative.
  • Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was great! Strong, intelligent, outspoken and a natural leader. Yeah, she overthrew Jason as Project Manager in one task - but for the good of the team, as he was beyond pathetic and incapable of making decisions.

Unfortunately, with her being manipulated and influenced by Linda in CBB, my support for Luisa deteriorated and she showed to be quite weak in that instance.
  • freddofrogfreddofrog Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    I sadly wasted 12 hours of my life watching The Apprentice 2013, and I don't know why. When The Apprentice originally started in 2005, it had some good candidates who genuinely wanted to work for Alan Sugar, and who also had abilities. By the time it switched to being a "search for a business partner" in 2011, we were seeing more and more candidates who were wannabes, using aggression to try to win, though the 2011 winner and runner-up were reasonable candidates. IMO, by 2013 we saw most of the "contestants" being aggressive wannabes, especially Luisa. In the semi-final it became obvious that not one of the remaining contestants had any hope of running anything more than a one-off web-based shop, hardly a big business venture worthy of Alan Sugar's £250,000. IMO it is the fault of the people who weed out the final 16 from all the entrants and the actual weeding process of the TV series itself. Both processes are seriously flawed, ego in the boardroom is the main driver to convince Alan Sugar, the whole thing leaving avenues for aggressive wannabes like Luisa to get too far. Karren Brady or one of the others, has said that aggression is not part of a successful business, so it begs the question as to why many like Luisa are now getting to the final 16 candidates.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    Skaface wrote: »
    I thought she was ok until she was nasty to poor Jason (my favourite).

But Jason was totally incompetent - totally indecisive, with little practical or business sense. Thats why he was cast - to get in the way. The fact that anyone removing him will look like they are shooting Bambi , is laid into the story by the casting. Removing him in the context of the Apprentice is precisely what she should have done - its what Lord Sugar has told past failing teams they should have done facing disaster. If she hadn't removed him, they never would have completed the task.

One difference between the two series is that, on the Apprentice, the smarter people who don't like you tend to note when you are able, and treat you as an equal, or even follow you when you look right. Thats why the rest of the team followed her in sacking Jason, and follow her, in the last task before the interviews, and final task. There's always a mix of competent and hot air merchants in the Apprentice, and Luisa wasn't alone in running into the walking disasters. She was extremely competent in the basic business skills - with better business instincts than may winners. Lord Sugar finds her a bit much to potentially handle, but he probably picks Leah to win because she's offering a safer, bigger return, for less effort and outlay - and he doesn't care that he's robbing teh NHS of a doctor to make him money from botox.

In BB, there's no reason to have any safe,or competent people there at all, and nothing to stop the producers casting a whole house of people with big issues waiting to explode. . Thats what they seem to have done this series - with even the people flying below the radar illumintaed by luisa. The voters don't sift out the most incapable and annoying in the same way as Lord Sugar does - so many big issues continue. The result is that Luisa runs into all the issues the producers have cast into there, and tends to crash into all of them - instead of leaving well alone. She's an inspired piece of casting for this show - playing the usual commentator role - but with an axe, instead of a quick diary room comment. She's just upset too many people doing it to win - for knocking everyone else's game plan down.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Correct.

She also kept stating "I'm a big personality" without anything to back it up. If you say something enough, people will believe it. People mistook her boastfulness and self-conscious arrogance for being a "big personality" when in reality she had nothing interesting to say.

People also mistook her social skills and ability to manipulate for being a "good businesswoman". She'd probably be very good at networking. She would have been better off as a candidate for being employed by Lord Alan, rather than entering with her useless business plan.
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    She was great on it and should have won, there was a big drama when she sacked the pm and took over herself.

The final lord sugar wasn't convinced she wanted it that badly
    and felt she would have been a risk

....and he was right. She just wanted to get her daft fizzog on the telly.
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was brilliant.

Both very entertaining and a good candidate!