The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    But I really hope you are joking with me last time, cos you kinda scared me :blush:

I'm so sorry, mintwendy... I certainly didn't mean to scare you.

It's just that sometimes I don't understand the justifications for actions which I find reprehensible. So I tend to snap and snarl at people.

Please forgive me... you're a nice person, and I would not want to offend you in any way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that J&E publicly endorsed someone who attacked a fan at a concert but won't endorse someone who has helped them for years.

Astonishing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it all seems a shame about the whole momma jedward charlotte thing its stupid charlotte has been brilliant

this is a huge mistake
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Hey Lisa Hafey if u are still reading this thread. I notice that u tweet Liam McKenna. Love keeping up with his tweets.

Hoping for good things for jedward this year.

Ellie:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    pithywitch wrote: »
    I'm so sorry, mintwendy... I certainly didn't mean to scare you.

It's just that sometimes I don't understand the justifications for actions which I find reprehensible. So I tend to snap and snarl at people.

Please forgive me... you're a nice person, and I would not want to offend you in any way.
    Thank you! I'm not offended, I just didn't get your type of humor back then. but I don't think I can be as nice to the twins as I used to be tho. x
  • metal boxmetal box Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Without JEDWARD, there is no fandom"

Well... thats just killed it for me. I might not be an active poster on here or twitter, but i've always been a fan. Fickle? Possibly. But this quote has just summed up everything that has been wrong in planet jedward for a while. There is no planet anymore, its just a business. A very badly run one at that.

And there was me thinking they were different :(
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still support John and Edward as artists, but I have no faith in their current management. I'd really like them to form a relationship with a good, experienced entertainment manager who can work with them to build their careers.

Back when Louis was on the scene, they had Eurovision (twice!), CBB, Dream Factory, Big Adventure, Weird Wild World, and of course a thriving pop career in Ireland. As things are at the moment, at the very best their career has stalled, at the worst it's declining. Now when they're mentioned in the Irish press - their home turf - it's like "We haven't heard much from Jedward lately, but now..."

It's frustrating because they're both really talented and we know they have so much more to give. Maybe they just need some time off to figure out where they're at in life. Whatever happens, how things are at the moment isn't working so well. :-(
  • DisnaeDisnae Posts: 9,479
    Forum Member
    I wasn't going to comment on current issues but I see it's all still dragging on .:( Tbh, I don't understand what is going on! As far as I can gather, Jedgen sent a well intentioned tweet about a business opportunity to Jed's management and was told off for it and basically humiliated on twitter . I just don't get it!:confused: Why hasn't this been sorted yet? I don't even understand why Momma Jedward reacted the way she did in the first place. :confused:Clearly she doesn't like to be "directed" but it isn't about her: it's her job to look after the twins' best interests. She should've had a word privately with Jedgen and put an end to all of this. Alienating fans and getting on her high horse and ultimately causing the best Jedward site to close was not the way to go! >:(

For me the lack of gratitude is the most sickening thing. Jedgen spent more than 4 years building that site , building a fandom, spending her own time and money and it was all taken for granted and never a word of thanks.>:( I think Momma Jedward should apologise or at the very least tweet that they are sorry to see Jedjen close and thank her for all the work she did.

The most disappointing thing for me though is that the boys haven't responded at all. It's coming across not so much as "We love our fans" as "We couldn't care less". :( Where are they? Are they just going to stay out of the way until it blows over because I don't think it will blow over this time. :(

I think there have been some bad decisions. Speaking personally, my interest waned after the UK tour when there wasn't a single Scottish gig.:( Scottish fans voted for them on XF, on CBB, on Eurovision, bought multiple copies of their albums and generally supported them as much as anyone else but were overlooked. Another case of fans being taken for granted.:(

Perhaps the boys are in an impossible and very awkward position and don't feel they can question their mother but I think they urgently need to review their situation before all their hard work goes down the pan!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i feel really funny about jedward at the moment! who is managing just momma jedward alone the way she handled the jedward genius just shows how inexperienced she is as a manager

i see them heading to australia to im a celebrity in november to kick start their carera
    no dancing on ice as the current series is their last
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok... did J&E just hook up w/ William Schatner? I am so totally dying laughing. Well-done!

Many thanks to the JR's for setting this up... hilarious! Kudos!!!! you know, this is what this fandom has always been all about... fun, quirkiness, & go-for-it hilarity.

That said, I'm am so totally not moving-on from the JedGen fiasco...I send boisterous applause to all who have helped the twins through the past four years and, yes, even to those who have joined late but have been led astray by an insane prophet... I really don't like someone who comes in and tries to take over (and, yes, I'm talking about a fan)... it's sooooo uncool.

That new website can't even make the effort to post the latest JBA eps... seriously?

Still laughing about Schatner... hilarious!

btw... Ellie... welcome back to the thread!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and many thanks to all others who have been in dormancy but have recently posted.

It does make a difference. The more voices that are heard, the better.

I absolutely refuse to let go of this bone. Call me silly, but I do think it's important that we all keep posting our thoughts re the twins' careers. A kinda hell-or-high-water thingy.

I'm soooo stubborn. :)
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disnae wrote: »
    I don't even understand why Momma Jedward reacted the way she did in the first place. :confused:Clearly she doesn't like to be "directed" but it isn't about her: it's her job to look after the twins' best interests. She should've had a word privately with Jedgen and put an end to all of this. Alienating fans and getting on her high horse and ultimately causing the best Jedward site to close was not the way to go! >:(

It's was quite a strange reaction. Like, if someone said to me, "Hey Robyn, would you paint yourself blue and run down the middle of the main street", I'd just laugh at them. So obviously JedGen's comment hit a raw nerve with Momma J. Perhaps she lacks confidence with her ability to manage her son's careers, so JedGen's tweet was like a reminder of something she hadn't done well in her job.

If it was me, I'd have just thanked JedGen, asked her to put the management email on the JedGen website, and I'd make sure that the official contact details were on a website that was easy to google.

I'm still bewildered why MJ reacted the way she did :-(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's was quite a strange reaction. Like, if someone said to me, "Hey Robyn, would you paint yourself blue and run down the middle of the main street", I'd just laugh at them. So obviously JedGen's comment hit a raw nerve with Momma J. Perhaps she lacks confidence with her ability to manage her son's careers, so JedGen's tweet was like a reminder of something she hadn't done well in her job.

If it was me, I'd have just thanked JedGen, asked her to put the management email on the JedGen website, and I'd make sure that the official contact details were on a website that was easy to google.

Because she has been completely set-up by a fan who is only interested in her own self-promo agenda & and has been choreographed by that fan's desire to be seated at the Grime's family Christmas-gathering dinner table? Convo: "Edward, would you kindly refresh squishy-face's glass of insanity?"

Love the new pirated website, btw... lol... it's indicative. Too bad that all of the fans that have been posting yt vids, tidbits, etc. are not cooperating in this putsch. So funny. Congrats to all.
    Forum Member

i see them heading to australia to im a celebrity in november to kick start their carera
    no dancing on ice as the current series is their last
    It's a shame DOI is ending as I'd love to have seen them on that. I think IAC is a horrible program to take part in but it would probably help their careers. Stacey Solomon got her Love Machine opportunity, the Iceland campaign and 'Coming home for Christmas' on the back of it, so, yeah, it might be a good move.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Thanks Pithy;-)

I read every day. I'm just one of these people who thinks that as long as John and Edward are happy, the other stuff is just a sideshow.

Props to two kids who ignored the cowell critique & are heading in whatever direction suits them.

Did u notice that macklemore & Ryan Lewis commented when they won their Grammy that they made their album without a label.

Hey to rosemary & river tam - hope u r both well.

Forum Member

I agree, the tweet did seem to hit a nerve.:confused: It was a really innocuous tweet and the reaction was so out of proportion. It's like she answered with her school ma'am hat on and not her manager's hat. It's all a bit ' do as I say because I say so and no back chat!'.

I think MJ likes to be in control and she's probably not happy about work opportunities being referred via fans but at the end of the day there can't be that many work enquiries coming via fans, surely? I can't remember exactly but I think Jedgen's site always made it clear that it was a fan site.This shouldn't have been a problem. If people are having trouble finding an official work link that is for management to sort out and not the fault of fans.

Really, the focus should be on improving the official site. I hardly ever go there because there's no reason to. It's seldom updated. There needs to be a reason for fans to go there regularly and tweet links to it. All it would need would be for the twins to go on once a week and chat on the forum ( which has been down forever for maintenance) or post exclusive videos or do video chats or something. The fans would soon flock there. I don't understand why they let their website be so poor. Perhaps it just comes down to money and why pay for something if there are good fan sites available free.
    Forum Member
    Because she has been completely set-up by a fan who is only interested in her own self-promo agenda & and has been choreographed by that fan's desire to be seated at the Grime's family Christmas-gathering dinner table? Convo: "Edward, would you kindly refresh squishy-face's glass of insanity?"

Love the new pirated website, btw... lol... it's indicative. Too bad that all of the fans that have been posting yt vids, tidbits, etc. are not cooperating in this putsch. So funny. Congrats to all.
    I think you have more of an idea whats going on than me but I saw a link posted by MJ yesterday which she later deleted. I assume you are referring to that? I'm glad she deleted it: wrong tweet at the wrong time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I send boisterous applause to all who have helped the twins through the past four years and, yes, even to those who have joined late but have been led astray by an insane prophet...

How do you know everything? I think you are talking about me! :o sent u a private message, pls check it x
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey back Ellie,

*Reading thread but have nothing to say at this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mintwendy wrote: »
    How do you know everything? I think you are talking about me! :o sent u a private message, pls check it x

No, I didn't mean you... don't worry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I haven't been here since their mother took over "managing" them for what it's worth one of my final posts said it was a very bad idea. Unlike some fans I don't like their mother never have she is a greedy scheming idiot as far as am concerned she is managing them very badly just to to save money IMO. I am very disappointed that have not stepped in and said something to Jedgen. Jedward's career won't go down the toilet because of the row with Jedgen but it be in the toilet within six months because of their mother as no one wants to work with her - someone who I believe and trust on twitter said Louis Walsh told her directly there are only two people he won't work with Ronan Keating and Jedward mother

Sad times indeed

I have to agree with this. I, like a lot of people gave her the benefit of the doubt initially, but it seemed strange for a schoolteacher to want to suddenly become a boyband manager. We knew Louis wasn't perfect but now I wish they were still under contract to him. He uses his time to manage acts and make money not create drama on twitter in order to alienate long-standing and very helpful fans.

What did we do to deserve this???>:(
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Pithy;-)

I read every day. I'm just one of these people who thinks that as long as John and Edward are happy, the other stuff is just a sideshow.

Props to two kids who ignored the cowell critique & are heading in whatever direction suits them.

Did u notice that macklemore & Ryan Lewis commented when they won their Grammy that they made their album without a label.

Hey to rosemary & river tam - hope u r both well.

Hi, nice to see you.

I'm good thank you for asking :) I agree with you entirely.

I've not been here for a while, so just reading through, I'd like to point something out that the link MJ tweeted was a broken link. It should have gone to an app that has concert details on it, but for some reason it redirected to a tumblr. It belongs to a young lad from Northern Ireland, who also runs the Jedward Northern Ireland website.
    The site has been there as long as I have been a fan. He is at university at the moment, so doesn't have the time to keep the Twitter up to date, so about a year ago he asked me and a several others to help keep it going. But we have no connection with the website or tumblr.
    I think the link has now been removed from MJ's twitter page.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Hi, nice to see you.

I'm good thank you for asking :) I agree with you entirely.

I've not been here for a while, so just reading through, I'd like to point something out that the link MJ tweeted was a broken link. It should have gone to an app that has concert details on it, but for some reason it redirected to a tumblr. It belongs to a young lad from Northern Ireland, who also runs the Jedward Northern Ireland website.
    The site has been there as long as I have been a fan. He is at university at the moment, so doesn't have the time to keep the Twitter up to date, so about a year ago he asked me and a several others to help keep it going. But we have no connection with the website or tumblr.
    I think the link has now been removed from MJ's twitter page.

Thank you so much, Rosemary, for clarifying what happened. I had thought, at the time, that whoever is running the site must be related to J&E & that's why MJ's name is listed as a contact person (I have no idea why I thought this).

I think what made people jump to conclusions is the combination of MJ's tweeted link to the site & the JedGen controversy. I hope the young man did not receive too much backlash from this unfortunate occurrence. I guess this is yet another reason that this situation re JedGen needs to be resolved as quickly as possible.

It's so kind of you and your friends to help him out by keeping his twitter up to date while he is busy at school.

Again, thanks for posting.
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much, Rosemary, for clarifying what happened. I had thought, at the time, that whoever is running the site must be related to J&E & that's why MJ's name is listed as a contact person (I have no idea why I thought this).

I think what made people jump to conclusions is the combination of MJ's tweeted link to the site & the JedGen controversy. I hope the young man did not receive too much backlash from this unfortunate occurrence. I guess this is yet another reason that this situation re JedGen needs to be resolved as quickly as possible.

It's so kind of you and your friends to help him out by keeping his twitter up to date while he is busy at school.

Again, thanks for posting.

You're welcome, yes sadly, due to the unfortunate timing, he did receive a little, which is why I wanted to clarify what happened, but I think it's calmed down now as the link was removed.

Hopefully the,situation will be resolved soon :)
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Oz interview.
    Part 1: http://t.co/GA0AOOZTVS
    part 2: http://t.co/hRODVIOwGz
    Part 3: http://t.co/achFhAtKP1