Worst movie you have seen in 2014

2»

Comments

• Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,315
    Forum Member
    If I chance upon anything like The Sweeney this year, I'll probably be scraping it off my shoe.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The purge and oblivion.
  • ste likes boobsste likes boobs Posts: 677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Matrix - and it's two sequels. I watched them years back and thought I'd give them ago but they were awful. Only really watched the latter two because I felt like I should.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Bullet with Danny Trejo, dire Mexican grindhouse.

Code Red, dull horror, starts off promisingly, soon goes down hill.

Deadly Weekend, not even stunner Sara Jane Underwood could save this stinker.

Lords Of London, tedium.

Incidious:Chapter 2, horror by numbers, Scooby Doo's more scary.

full reviews here www.drunkenmovieramblings.co.uk
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After Earth - what a load of s**t
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Un Plan Parfait, but this film was made in 2012. Utter shit.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    RyJa wrote: »
    Yes a terrible film. There's been a new wave of big budget movie and TV scifi over the last few years and most of it has not been good.
  • DeepBlueTwoDeepBlueTwo Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Based on the above examples, no-one has yet seen The Lone Ranger.

If I was thinking of starting a course on film-making TLR would be in it as the perfect example of how not to make a film. I'd make every student sit through it, then they'd have no excuse at all if they graduated.

It needs a word all of its own just to describe how bad it is. Perhaps, ''it's just TLR''?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    American Hustle. Honestly can't understand why critics love this film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spring beakers,
    i think the director made it so he could wank himself silly over it,never seen such pointless nonsense.

So crap that film, I lost interest in it about 20 mins in. A bunch of Disney princesses thinking they can rob people.
  • ArthurJBearArthurJBear Posts: 6,905
    Forum Member
    Must say Gravity. Great cinematography and direction but that's about it and I doubt the spectacular scenes will translate well to the small screen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Devils due absolutely crap worst film ever tbh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubber, a film about a killer tyre. Really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thought I taken some drugs when I watched that a few weeks ago, very weird, but worst film, just seen World War Z on Sky, crap.
  • JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    300: Rise Of An Empire. Just seen it this afternoon. Actually just seen half of it as I walked out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    jango unchained, what a pile of tripe..... devoid of anything other than painful looking gun shot wounds, Shame its started so well
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    jango unchained, what a pile of tripe..... devoid of anything other than painful looking gun shot wounds, Shame its started so well

Ah c'mon.:) The last half hour's shite, true; but it's a very good film up until then.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Boofie wrote: »
    American Hustle. Honestly can't understand why critics love this film.

One word: 70s nostalgia.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looper
  • oldhagoldhag Posts: 2,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's one of my best ever films - how very dare you?

It starred Christoph Waltz which is what led to me see 'The Zero Theorem.'

Now that is rubbish!
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has to be 'ride along'. Not funny in the slightest, completely cliched, ice cube is just going through the motions with his one expression scowl face acting and the other guy i don't know where they found him but he is unlikeable and annoying.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Two observations on this -

If you find the concept of a movie about a 'killer tyre' somewhat silly, it begs the question as to why you decided to watch it.

Secondly, just a little bit of research (would take only a minute or two online) would have given you a better idea of what the movie is actually about...and it's clearly not just a horror movie about a killer tyre. In fact the very notion of a killer tyre must alert you to the fact that its not going to be a straight-up horror movie.

It's a film that experiments with the nature and form of cinema, there are aspects of breaking the 4th wall, absurdist comedy, aspects of a film-within-a-film, and its essentially an art movie.

This a classic case of someone claiming a movie is bad because they did not realise what the movie was really about, and did not get what they wanted from it. But that does not by default make it a bad movie.

There is obviously an audience for this type of movie, and those who like these kinds of experimental movies would probably enjoy it.

You can save yourself a lot of bother by just reading up a little on films before watching...it's too easy to make incorrect assumptions based on the title, cover, poster, word of mouth from others etc, and you will have far less disappointments in the long run.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    RyJa wrote: »

The thing I don't get is how do they get away releasing and spending all that money?!

Its like a flop single, any normal person could tell them its terrible and it will flop
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing I don't get is how do they get away releasing and spending all that money?!

Its like a flop single, any normal person could tell them its terrible and it will flop

The losses are distributed amongst the movie's wealthy investors who then use their share of the losses to offset against tax liabilities from their other sources income.
  • jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bidleybip wrote: »
    47 Ronin, totally boring.

Finally got round to seeing this, and shocked that wasn't half as bad as I was expecting or led to believe.

The Robocop remake has to be most disappointing seen so far this year. And kind of pointless.