I HATE Paul Akister

2»

Comments

• EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not impressed by any of the boys. But Luke with the average voice and constant crying is the one who really does my head in.
  • Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He did seem a bit overly confident, but that could have been the edit.

Unlike a couple of the others, his attitude at least is based on having something to warrant it. There was no way he wasn't getting a seat with that voice . It may hurt him later if he doesn't reign it in, though, because there are a few others with capable voices who have more charisma and stage skill than he does who could steal the show if he makes the mistake of trying to coast solely on his vocal ability again.

Andrea for example has nearly as technically good a voice and he put so much more into his vocal delivery this time that, had it been a contest between the two, Paul would not have been the likely winner in spite of his gifts.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hate is a strong word, I dislike contestants but I don't know them enough to hate them

I agree. A better heading would have been something like 'I don't get why people rave about Paul' :confused:
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    You're damned if you do and damned if you don't with these type of shows. Confidence is deemed as a big annoying ego and lack of confidence gets you kicked off :(

I like Paul or rather his voice. I don't know him nearly enough to judge anything about his character and he certainly hasn't done anything stand out bad yet.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul's weight last year is the elephant in the room. He wasn't just overweight last year, he was FAT. Never mind all the carp about him 'not being ready,' why don't they just come out and admit that they didn't think he was marketable?

And have the judges commented on the new version or is that just not PC? I think it's great the way he has reinvented himself. It gives hope to the likes of me! :D
    I love the tone of his voice and I don't think he is over confident at all.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deco96 wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about him , yes he has a great voice but I cannot stand the guy.

He doesn't speak very highly of you either, I believe !
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're damned if you do and damned if you don't with these type of shows. Confidence is deemed as a big annoying ego and lack of confidence gets you kicked off :(

I like Paul or rather his voice. I don't know him nearly enough to judge anything about his character and he certainly hasn't done anything stand out bad yet.

I agree you need to be confident but no overly confident and getting that right can be difficult. I think Paul is slightly over confident this year and therefore is coming across as a bit smug and unlikeable this year. This will be ok as far as the judges are concerned as they seem to like that but the public generally don't like overconfident types. I have noticed that the confidence issue of last year hasn't been mentioned, and they are generally portraying his as a much more confident character through editing etc but as you say we have not seen enough of him to really see what his true character is.
  • flowerladyflowerlady Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    Love him, he is my favourite right now, could listen to his voice for hours.

Here here, AMAZING ;-) #winner without a doubt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Mullen wrote: »
    I agree you need to be confident but no overly confident and getting that right can be difficult. I think Paul is slightly over confident this year and therefore is coming across as a bit smug and unlikeable this year. This will be ok as far as the judges are concerned as they seem to like that but the public generally don't like overconfident types. I have noticed that the confidence issue of last year hasn't been mentioned, and they are generally portraying his as a much more confident character through editing etc but as you say we have not seen enough of him to really see what his true character is.

He was told last year that, he was lacking confidence and now he has it, he is getting slated, he is a lovely, warm and was a very shy guy, i've been to 3 of his gigs and the place is always buzzing and he gets the crowd going big style. He is very versatile too, he loves his soul music but, give him the bible and he could sing it :) Get him to the lives and you will all see just how fabulous he is. He deserves this!!!! ;-)
  • Adrian01Adrian01 Posts: 1,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also have a strange sense of severe hated for him. But not as much as I hate the first boy who got a seat who's constantly crying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2014 WINNER!!!!!!! I would stake my life on it, you haven't seen him at his best yet, believe me, I have, Lets not Diss him before u get to know him better, nobody deserves that!! I don't like a few of the contestants but, I will give them the chance to grow on me.. ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a voice like velvet....as far ahead of the rest of the boys as Kerianne is ahead of the girls.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flowerlady wrote: »
    2014 WINNER!!!!!!! I would stake my life on it, you haven't seen him at his best yet, believe me, I have, Lets not Diss him before u get to know him better, nobody deserves that!! I don't like a few of the contestants but, I will give them the chance to grow on me.. ;-)

He is as dull as dishwater and is to simalar to the italian guy who destroys him vocally
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has a voice like velvet....as far ahead of the rest of the boys as Kerianne is ahead of the girls.

Well said and I agree with you on both counts. :)
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    He is as dull as dishwater and is to simalar to the italian guy who destroys him vocally

This really. Also I feel Paul's 'soul' is slightly contrived? Whereas with Andrea, Jake, JJ I get a genuine sense that they've lived life and actually project real emotion into what they're singing.

Also Kerianne is so ordinary like Lola. Lauren is the true gem of the girls category with Chloe Jasmine straight after.
  • EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd not say hate, but I've certainly only found his performances irritating and completely unrewarding. To me he seems only to be showing what his voice can do, never quite getting inside a song, which leaves this listener at least with an utterly sterile experience, but clearly that's not the most usual response to him.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EdgarK wrote: »
    I'd not say hate, but I've certainly only found his performances irritating and completely unrewarding. To me he seems only to be showing what his voice can do, never quite getting inside a song, which leaves this listener at least with an utterly sterile experience, but clearly that's not the most usual response to him.

That's exactly it. He's soul by numbers and never tells the story of the song or feels what he's singing. Maybe to people who are not familiar with the songs, he does a decent job but, when you compare to other versions, he's lacking heart, soul and passion