[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
Forum Member
✭✭
Is this just me or is there a way of sorting it out

Comments

• lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it maybe your screensaver that appears after 5 / 10 mins, or maybe the PS3 going into power saving mode because it hasn't detected any activity from your controller? If so, you can disable this in the settings menu.

Other than that, clear out your cache, cookies & history because remember it is a web-based app so does utilise these elements.

I had a strange thing last week when my iPlayer was showing programmes which were on over Christmas and you can no longer view on the iPlayer (even when I refreshed the screen0, so I cleared out all the above crap and it worked fine. Just strange as I wouldn't like to think you need to go through this process every time you want to see the latest programmes and I regularly clear out the old stuff too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    checked the screen saver and thats ok i had it on a while longer, and i usually stream video from my pc so it normally doesn't try to shut down.

I was trying to watch rock n chips and the first time it just froze after 3 minutes, i reset and then tried again, this time it run for 15 minutes then just froze.

how do you clear out the cache etc on the ps3 ?
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorry for link to another place but just stumbled on this thread and wonder if linked at all.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/ps3-media-streaming/1172704-fix-if-youre-having-problems-iplayer-momentarily-freezing-every-few-seconds.html

I have a WD though and dont seem to suffer this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i have the original 40gb drive, so should not be a problem, it seems to work fine and then just locks up. will look at another drive...?