Options

Funny camping stories

rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have you ever been camping and do you have any funny stories to share?

Comments

• Options
    frangipanefrangipane Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rasbo wrote:
    Have you ever been camping
    Yes
    rasbo wrote:
    and do you have any funny stories to share?
    No
  • Options
    MrYogiKarmaMrYogiKarma Posts: 1,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes used to go camping as a kid most weekends. No funny stories though that I can remember. Apart from a really bratty girl in the next caravan demanding to have her swimming costume on so she could paddle n the river. it went on for hours until the Mum finally relented. Off she skipped down the embankment and slipped on a cow pat smearing her whole left hand side. Boy did she cry that little bit louder.
  • Options
    Killer GorillaKiller Gorilla Posts: 3,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember going camping once and there were these schoolgirls there doing morning exercises and one of them flung her arms back and her bra shot off. We laughed for ages.

Some of the girls looked quite old tbh, maybe they were mature students.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember going camping once and there were these schoolgirls there doing morning exercises and one of them flung her arms back and her bra shot off. We laughed for ages.

Some of the girls looked quite old tbh, maybe they were mature students.

Straight out of 'Carry On Camping' with Barbara Windsor:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0J9FdN8oqA
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was this one time, at Band Camp....
  • Options
    The JanitorThe Janitor Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Putting up a tent is like making love to a beautiful woman.

Unzip the door, put up your pole, and slip it into the old bag.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mum went camping with some friends as a teenager in the 50s. Her parents were very strict, but were pleased to hear that the party included 3 girls, 3 boys, 3 tents.

They didn't work it out until day 2 of the trip.
  • Options
    Dolly_DimpleDolly_Dimple Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last summer when on the afternoon of day 3, there was an almighty thunderstorm complete with a howling gale which lasted around an hour.
    Just watching the people opposit holding onto their large 'construction' for dear life had my laugh-o-meter needle going off the scale, especially as they were so intent on holding one end of it that they never noticed their lit bbq had blown over at the other end. I was seriously expecting either them to take off like Mary Poppins or the whole lot to be a pile of ash within minutes.
    Followed by a man who was worse for drink, tripping up and belly flopping straight onto a tent that wasn't even his and demolishing it. Much to the owners rage.
    It took a week for my ribs to recover from laughing.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    The book "The Tent, The Bucket And Me" has bucket loads of comedic anecdotes.
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Yes. Mate thinks it's a good idea to leave a camp stove sitting on top of the inflatable bed. As I told him this was a bad idea, the thing toppled over sending a large ball of fire shooting towards my sleeping friend's face. He was in the next partition in the tent, so all he noticed was being woken by a bright light and feeling the heat. Oops!
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    magratx wrote: »
    Straight out of 'Carry On Camping' with Barbara Windsor:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0J9FdN8oqA

Much better version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZQ1PxNzhlI
  • Options
    butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last time I went camping, there were two young lads who had gone camping but forgotten their poles, so they just slept in the tent without anything holding it up, like a massive sleeping bag.

I spent my whole night worrying someone would run them over...
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I know someone who went into a camping shop and was shown by a buxom young lady on how to put the pole up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did a long distance charity bike ride where we stayed in tents at night. There are a few thousand that do this ride, so you can imagine a sea of tents. I went to collect my friend for dinner at his tent. I was feeling really invigorated after a 100 mile day so when I saw him crouching with his back to me I decided to tackle him in his tent. I dove in and grabbed him then we rolled over together, now face to face on his sleeping bag, for me to find myself looking in the face of a total stranger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Handers wrote: »
    I did a long distance charity bike ride where we stayed in tents at night. There are a few thousand that do this ride, so you can imagine a sea of tents. I went to collect my friend for dinner at his tent. I was feeling really invigorated after a 100 mile day so when I saw him crouching with his back to me I decided to tackle him in his tent. I dove in and grabbed him then we rolled over together, now face to face on his sleeping bag, for me to find myself looking in the face of a total stranger.

lol! :D
  • Options
    boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read The Tent, The Bucket and Me by Emma Kennedy.

Never been camping myself but would love to give it a go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    boozer3 wrote: »
    Read The Tent, The Bucket and Me by Emma Kennedy.

Never been camping myself but would love to give it a go.

Go for it. Great fun. The smells, the sights, the people... Just the whole idea of spending so much time outdoors is brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. Kinda set fire to a golf course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Left a disposible BBQ on top of a wooden camping table. Oops.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I once went camping with the scouts and ended up sleeping in the doorway of a leaky tent in a soaked sleeping bag and then collapsed in the middle of an orienteering exercise and had to be air-lifted to a hospital where I spent 3 days in a coma, with exposure, until I awoke in a hot bath with a bunch of wires and tubes stuck to me.

Oh how I laughed. :(
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I once went camping with the scouts and ended up sleeping in the doorway of a leaky tent in a soaked sleeping bag and then collapsed in the middle of an orienteering exercise and had to be air-lifted to a hospital where I spent 3 days in a coma, with exposure, until I awoke in a hot bath with a bunch of wires and tubes stuck to me.

Oh how I laughed. :(

Oh, you. You are a card:D
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnny_t wrote: »
    Last time I went camping, there were two young lads who had gone camping but forgotten their poles, so they just slept in the tent without anything holding it up, like a massive sleeping bag.
    I once arrived at a camp site, unpacked our tent, and then spent several minutes rifling through it an obviously doomed attempt to make the missing poles magically appear.

The scene was reminiscent of Basil Fawlty searching the trifle for the missing duck...
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me, the OH, my friend and her boyfriend camped at a beach. After a couple of drinks me and my friend decided to go skinny dipping. Then we saw a police car coming so we got out the water, putting our clothes on quick as we could, but they stopped a bit further along the beach, before coming to us. Turned out there was a group of teenage boys camping there.:o
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got up once in the night to use the bucket :o got a fit of the giggles and managed to fall over backwards taking down one side of the tent with me. Still haven't quite lived that one down.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Oh, one other one...

Was hiking and camping in a forest when I slipped and slid down a hillside.
    Somebody shouted down to ask if I was okay.
    I said I was and that I'd meet them further along the route.
    Alas, I didn't realise that I was on the edge of a steep cliff and when I tried to stand up the ground gave way and I went over the cliff and fell about 30 feet, head-first, and landed on jagged rocks.

Woke up several hours later with a numb face and a splitting headache and headed off toward the meeting point.
    When I got there I realised people were giving me funny looks and it turned out I'd mangled my nose and there was a big flap of skin hanging off my cheek too.

Another ambulance, another hospital stay... :o