Results: 6.75m (up from 6.2m)
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danielleh wrote: »
    Timeshift for the shows on the 12th/13th May

Live Show: 6.54m (up from 5.64m)

I think the messed up badly with the schedule.

Putting The Voice on at 6is is way too early and a way to lose viewers.

Most people are out that time whilst 8pm is where most are in and watching TV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    looking at the finals it is a poor show, but the bbc's highest rated programe only got 7M. TV and results are still within the top five shows of the BBC's output for that week.

the downward trend must cease though or it could be curtains for the voice...
  • K2rayK2ray Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looking at the finals it is a poor show, but the bbc's highest rated programe only got 7M. TV and results are still within the top five shows of the BBC's output for that week.

the downward trend must cease though or it could be curtains for the voice...

The issue with the Voice UK is that unlike the original Dutch version and to some extent the US version-the majority of the coaches don't seem as invested in their artists as they should be. Coaches who will put in the time is essential for this show to work. A bigger budget doesn't hurt either. The production of the lives is extremely poor compared to the US version (of course BBC don't have the coffers of NBC).
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    danielleh wrote: »
    Timeshift for the shows on the 12th/13th May

Live Show: 6.54m (up from 5.64m)

Not great timeshifts really. The results in particular barely grew.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Not great timeshifts really. The results in particular barely grew.

Maybe they watched the results and the main show on I-Player which are not included in timeshifts?
    Forum Member
    Selena wrote: »
    Maybe they watched the results and the main show on I-Player which are not included in timeshifts?

True. Unfortunately the BBC seem to have stopped releasing their monthly iPlayer stats which used to be a good way of roughly indicating how many people were watching the most popular shows on iPlayer.

Good news for The Voice is that it's still at the top of the chart so it's still doing reasonably well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4.5 million this week. A series low.
  • BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that confirmed? If so it is DREADFUL. At this rate they will limp to a close with barely 3 million like So You Think You Can Dance.......

I suppose the good weather (everyone outside) and perhaps people deciding to either watch Voice or Eurovision will have come into play but at what point will the BBC admit that they are not the natural home of talent shows?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an excellent show last night. I blame early start and nice weather. All my work colleagues watched the show this morning,
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    It's suffering from poor scheduling. I am wondering if they could stage it on a weekday night instead. Say Wednesday nights? When people aren't out on the town. It would make a change to have a big talent show in the middle of the week to look forward to.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ratings really are undefendable now. Its shocking. The show aired at the wrong time of year in a far too early evening slot.

BIG changes need to happen now otherwise this is going to end up being a costly waste by the BBC.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still amazed that they did not learn anything from the failure of So You Think You Can Dance. Another very popular format, bought by the BBC, yet the final was watched by just over 3 million people.

I suspect that many BBC viewers have a problem with the licence fee being used to give an individual a career. And because of that the natural home for this type of show is ITV. Syco will sign the acts and nobody who watches is out of pocket.

I do think a Wednesday slot for the first show in the next series (if there is one) would be a good starting point. And then surely the results show - maybe on the Saturday - could go out live?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    Is that confirmed? If so it is DREADFUL. At this rate they will limp to a close with barely 3 million like So You Think You Can Dance.......

I suppose the good weather (everyone outside) and perhaps people deciding to either watch Voice or Eurovision will have come into play but at what point will the BBC admit that they are not the natural home of talent shows?

Yes, I got it from the ratings thread (http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1659980&page=108) who got it from BARB.

Timeshift will improve it a bit, but for a show that cost over £22 million and was peaking at 12 million viewers not so long ago, anything less than 7 million is very disappointing. And it won't timeshift to anywhere near that.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    It's airing at the wrong time. To stand a chance it needs to be airing Jan - Mar when it's still cold & dark outside. But that's straight off the back of XF so viewers will probably be suffering from singing fatigue.

Perhaps the UK just doesn't need another singing contest.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    Those ratings are awful, if it consistently averages around 4.5m next year the BBC will be swinging their axe.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    But look at the share, 29% is very good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it was the SEMI FINAL, and only 4.5 million were keen enough to watch it when it was broadcast! Good weather, football, Eurovision on the same night, time slot - no excuse can detract from fewer than 5 million caring/being involved enough to want to watch!

That is NOT good, no matter what kind of spin can be put on it.

This format cost £22million. And viewers are turning off in droves.
    Forum Member
    These external factors are just excuses. If the show is good, people will make an appointment to view. It wasn't that long ago it was thrashing Britain's Got Talent head to head and that was probably the strongest competition it's ever had. Ever since its ratings have fallen. I don't buy the argument that that's because of the weather, the football, BBQs, the time-slot, the time of year etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    These external factors are just excuses. If the show is good, people will make an appointment to view. It wasn't that long ago it was thrashing Britain's Got Talent head to head and that was probably the strongest competition it's ever had. Ever since its ratings have fallen. I don't buy the argument that that's because of the weather, the football, BBQs, the time-slot, the time of year etc.

Exactly. They may account for a small part of the falling ratings but for a show to lose near two thirds of its audience there's clearly something bigger going on. People just don't care about it any more.
  • SCD-ObserverSCD-Observer Posts: 18,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dreadful ratings. I was expecting 5 million or thereabouts. Less than 4.5 million? It's now in the region of SYTYCD! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Garbage ratings for garbage show. Hardly a shock.
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    All the hype around Cheryl's performance counted for nothing then. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I think the BBC need to really review where this show sits. I think it has mileage, but it is simply broadcast at the wrong time of year. They need to start it at the beginning of Feb with a dr who lead in and no other talent show to rival it.

with such a big investment why would they mess about with sheduling? its their own stupid fault!