Options

50mb but never get higher than 19mb

glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,322
Forum Member
Is this normal?

When I joined virgin in December 2010 I got 50mb and for the first while doing the "speed test" thing it was never higher than 19mb and since its only got lower and lower, after about 6 months it was usually only about 13/14 and now for the last few months every time i check its between 6mb and 11mb. Just wondering whats the point of me paying for 50mb when ive never even seen it at 20mb?

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2123212461.png is that not dreadful? :mad:

4.34m download 3.43mb upload 126 ping

Comments

• Options
    glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,322
    Forum Member
    Would the superhub make any differance to me?

When I joined they said I would get one but they never gave me one instead they gave me 2 router box things, 1 is wireless and the other I dont know but it plugs into it. When I first got it I phoned to ask for the Superhub but they said people have problems with them and the ones they sent were better? was that lies?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be a good idea for you to call support. Dial 151 from your cable phone.

Go through their script and they will send a tech out if they cannot sort your problem over the phone.

As for your speed, it's rubbish!

I do presume you are using a wired connection to run your speedtests and not wireless???
  • Options
    Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You joined Virgin media in 2010 for the 50mb service which is what you are paying for.

And you have been on 19mb or less ever since for 2 years.

And you haven't contacted them about it!
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are you using wireless or connected with a cable ?