"Day of the Doctor" in 3D on Sky

Comments

• Cbell108Cbell108 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    It will be on sky channel 977

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/See-the-Doctor-in-a-New-Dimension-Our-3D-Viewing-Guide

For viewers with Freeview HD, YouView, Virgin Media, Sky and Freesat, the channel number for BBC Red Button HD is listed below:

Freeview HD/YouView 303

Virgin Media 994

Sky 977

Freesat 980

If you want to record the episode, it’s easy to do because BBC Red Button HD is listed in the electronic programme guide for these platforms. In most cases the channel has been available for some time so you should be able to find it, but if not then you can try to retune your Freeview HD
  • M60M60 Posts: 5,571
    Forum Member
    Cbell108 wrote: »
    It will be on sky channel 977

For viewers with Freeview HD, YouView, Virgin Media, Sky and Freesat, the channel number for BBC Red Button HD is listed below:

Freeview HD/YouView 303

Virgin Media 994

Sky 977

Freesat 980

If you want to record the episode, it’s easy to do because BBC Red Button HD is listed in the electronic programme guide for these platforms. In most cases the channel has been available for some time so you should be able to find it, but if not then you can try to retune your Freeview HD

I presume it will have to be added today and then once this is finished, the slot will morph in to BBC News HD and SD/HD swap with BBC News (SD). The BBC could have done a deal to buy an EPG slot earlier for BBC News HD and then simply use this initially for RB HD this weekend? Not sure if the FRND rules allow this on EPG carriage or not??

I reckon if it's not on the EPG by 1700 today then it's unlikely to appear over the weekend.

The BBC will argue in their defence that it is available FTA on two other non-subscription platforms with 99% UK coverage.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,922
    Forum Member
    According to this, tomorrow night's show will be available in 3D to Sky viewers after all.
    Nothing on channel 977 yet, but looks hopeful.
    Talk about at "the eleventh hour"!
    :)
  • brain_higgybrain_higgy Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    great to see it on sky 3d it will be on tv lisitng soon
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah:):)
  • llama1llama1 Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Yaaaaay :cool: <<3d glasses on
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not been added yet.

jimbo, any change to "8900" on 11.023 H, has it been relabelled yet?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have gone from "trying very hard" to the updated version of http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/See-the-Doctor-in-a-New-Dimension-Our-3D-Viewing-Guide in a week: I reckon that's grounds to praise The Doctor Who Team.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just my SKY EPG and doctor who is not showing on SKY 3D just david attenborough program maybe not updated hope it shows soon so i can record it for tommorrow
    Forum Member
    just my SKY EPG and doctor who is not showing on SKY 3D just david attenborough program maybe not updated hope it shows soon so i can record it for tommorrow
    It won't be on the Sky 3D channel.
    The Red Button feed should appear on channel 977 on the EPG, presumably temporarily, and it should be possible to record it.
    I don't have a 3D TV, but I may well still record it in 3D in case I get one in the future!
    Forum Member
    Sue_Aitch wrote: »
    We have gone from "trying very hard" to the updated version of http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/See-the-Doctor-in-a-New-Dimension-Our-3D-Viewing-Guide in a week: I reckon that's grounds to praise The Doctor Who Team.
    It certainly is, and kudos to Sky as well as they have probably allowed it as a temporary EPG entry just for this event.
    Talk about the "eleventh hour" though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    It won't be on the Sky 3D channel.
    The Red Button feed should appear on channel 977 on the EPG, presumably temporarily, and it should be possible to record it.
    I don't have a 3D TV, but I may well still record it in 3D in case I get one in the future!

just checked 977 hasnt appeared yet ch 976 on sky is bbc one HD and next one after is just sky preview channel ch 977 has yet to be added for my sky box
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just checked 977 hasnt appeared yet ch 976 on sky is bbc one HD and next one after is just sky preview channel ch 977 has yet to be added for my sky box

Punctuation is clearly just an abstract concept to you brain_higgy... love your enthusiasm, but your posts are very hard to read sometimes.
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    Digi Man wrote: »
    It's not been added yet.

jimbo, any change to "8900" on 11.023 H, has it been relabelled yet?

At the time of posing: 8900 is still labelled 8900.

Will they 'have to' rename it or can they just give the channel a suitable name on the EPG and then have it patch to 8900?

The problem was that it can't be tuned in manually on a sky box and so needed a EPG listing to tune it in by switching to it automatically. So they could just add a channel listing called "Dr Who 3D" and that would just switch to 8900 when selected.

But Who knows!!!! (See what I did there? :D )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Programming-Channels/Doctor-Who-3D-may-be-on-Sky-after-all/td-p/1481645 Sky last responded to customers at 11.37 today at the time of writing.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    977 now up and running. Doctor Who 3D on the EPG.
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

Woooo:):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »

just check it in my EPG now up and running and already added and recorded to my planner to tommorrows nights festivties
  • Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    8900 now relabelled "BBC RB HD" - So that Sky can add it to their EPG.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent news, was starting to get especially grumpy with Sky about this. Glad to see it resolved.
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    For those that have or have access to virgin It's on channel 991 so it can be recorded
  • CallousCallous Posts: 11,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent. The (R) button has been pressed. :)

Glad to see someone was able to make it happen. Well done whoever you are. They cut it pretty fine that's for sure.
  • TV_SteveTV_Steve Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    garbage456 wrote: »
    For those that have or have access to virgin It's on channel 991 so it can be recorded

It's on 994 on Virgin not 991
  • kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member
    Oh so pleased, we can now see Dr who in 3d on sky and its recordable
    Check out channel 977
    Had email to say its launched on sky showing BBC red button