Options

Irish Women voted in the top 10 most beautiful on the Planet

PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
Forum Member
Irish Women are among some of the best looking in the world, according to the latest ranking by an international dating website.

Females from Ireland jumped into the top ten of the planet's best-looking nationalities status by a dating website

Despite the success of Irish females, Irish men were ranked as the globe's third ugliest.

A mere 12 percent of Irish men who applied to join the dating site had their profiles accepted last year, CorkNews.ie reports.

To gain entry to the club a potential member applies with a photo and a brief profile. Over 48 hours, existing members of the opposite sex vote whether or not to admit them into their exclusive fold. Options are 'Yes definitely', 'Hmm yes, O.K', 'Hmm no, not really' and 'NO Definitely NOT'.

In some slight consolation, Irish men have improved in recent years since they were ranked as the world’s ugliest in 2011.

Swedish men were ranked the most handsome at 65 percent, followed by Brazil at 42 percent and Denmark at 40 percent.

Irish lads also beat their British and Polish counterparts on the dating site where only 9 percent of men managed to get a spot on the dating website.

"Irish women have had the biggest move up the rankings, going from 14th place at 19% accepted in 2011 to a very impressive tenth place, at 23%, last year.

"Although Irish men are still represented as the third ugliest country in the world for men, the fact that they come in above their English counterparts does offer a small consolation."

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else misread the website address as CockNews.ie?

The website sounds like it could be beautifulpeople.com. I met my now wife there back in 2007.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Irish Women are among some of the best looking in the world, according to the latest ranking by an international dating website.

Females from Ireland jumped into the top ten of the planet's best-looking nationalities status by a dating website

Despite the success of Irish females, Irish men were ranked as the globe's third ugliest.

A mere 12 percent of Irish men who applied to join the dating site had their profiles accepted last year, CorkNews.ie reports.

To gain entry to the club a potential member applies with a photo and a brief profile. Over 48 hours, existing members of the opposite sex vote whether or not to admit them into their exclusive fold. Options are 'Yes definitely', 'Hmm yes, O.K', 'Hmm no, not really' and 'NO Definitely NOT'.

In some slight consolation, Irish men have improved in recent years since they were ranked as the world’s ugliest in 2011.

Swedish men were ranked the most handsome at 65 percent, followed by Brazil at 42 percent and Denmark at 40 percent.

Irish lads also beat their British and Polish counterparts on the dating site where only 9 percent of men managed to get a spot on the dating website.

"Irish women have had the biggest move up the rankings, going from 14th place at 19% accepted in 2011 to a very impressive tenth place, at 23%, last year.

"Although Irish men are still represented as the third ugliest country in the world for men, the fact that they come in above their English counterparts does offer a small consolation."

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Fabio Andersson.
  • Options
    PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Fabio aka Joe Swash!!

I took the website out as I didnt want to advertise it
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a cock and bull story to me.
  • Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Swedish & Brazilian men are not the most attractive if you're not into blondes or short-arses.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure that's a particularly valid conclusion based on the data used.

All we're seeing here, if I'm not mistaken, is that a group of Irish women who think they're pretty submit their picture to a website which confirms that they are pretty.

At best, all it suggests is that Irish women are able to decide whether they're pretty enough to join better than others and, at worst, it suggests they have more vanity than pretty women from other countries who don't bother with such things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Im an irish man and im a ride!! :mad:

You wish you could have me OP,but i say NO!!!
  • Options
    plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fixed it for you

Irish Women are among some of the gullible in the world, according to the latest ranking by an international dating website.

Females from Ireland jumped into the top ten of the planet's gullible nationalities status by a dating website

Despite the success of Irish females, Irish men were ranked as the globe's third gullible .

A mere 100 percent of Irish men who applied to join the dating site had their profiles accepted last year, CorkNews.ie reports.

To gain entry to the club a potential member applies with a photo and a brief profile. Over 48 hours, existing members of the opposite sex vote whether or not to admit them into their exclusive fold. Options are totally irrelevant.

In some slight consolation, Irish men have improved in recent years since they were ranked as the world’s gullible in 2011.

Swedish men were ranked the most gullible at 100 percent, followed by Brazil at 100 percent and Denmark at 100 percent.

Irish lads also beat their British and Polish counterparts on the dating site where only 100 percent of men managed to get a spot on the dating website.

"Irish women have had the biggest move up the rankings, going from 14th place at 100% accepted in 2011 to a very impressive tenth place, at 100%, last year.

"Although Irish men are still represented as the third gullible country in the world for men, the fact that the vote is rigged and all who pay get access is no consolation
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does that include Mrs Doyle from Craggy Island?
  • Options
    PicklebumPicklebum Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the Irish women I've ever come across look like the twins from Bewitched............
  • Options
    Jessica LeMoneJessica LeMone Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    I always imagine them to look like Andrea Corr .... I don't know any Irish women but I have met a few Irish men and one of them had lovely blue eyes and black hair *swoon* ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swedish and Danish men are extremely handsome and good looking. Tend to be very tall and no- not always blonde. I have known quite a few brunette Danes in my time.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D Haha that's hilarious - us Irish lads are getting more and more handsome year on year ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im an irish man and im a ride!! :mad:

You wish you could have me OP,but i say NO!!!
    We're all rides in the US and the UK anyway - they are a sucker for an Irish accent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    We're all rides in the US and the UK anyway - they are a sucker for an Irish accent.

Really? I personally find Irish men cocky and too much in love with themselves. And they all come from the same gene pool as Wayne Rooney,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picklebum wrote: »
    Really? I personally find Irish men cocky and too much in love with themselves. And they all come from the same gene pool as Wayne Rooney,
    Well I never had it so good with women when I was in London for a few days a few months ago - Your mistaking cockyness with charm ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwQYsUsGWNY :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .... and I forgot to say YES there are some gorgeous Irish women around the place who could give any other ladies a run for their money.
  • Options
    Alien_SaxonAlien_Saxon Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to think this also, I thought Ireland would be full of beautiful pale redheads, turns out there weren't as many as I thought.

I think the Eastern European nations (Estonia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, Serbia) have pound for pound the world's best women as is evident by the fact that these nations dominate all the top model agencies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Picklebum wrote: »

Your views are as repulsive as your name...picklebum. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used to think this also, I thought Ireland would be full of beautiful pale redheads, turns out there weren't as many as I thought.

I think the Eastern European nations (Estonia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, Serbia) have pound for pound the world's best women as is evident by the fact that these nations dominate all the top model agencies.

Agreed! but ireland does have plenty of hot fake red heads,i love dyed red hair.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I always imagine them to look like Andrea Corr .... I don't know any Irish women but I have met a few Irish men and one of them had lovely blue eyes and black hair *swoon* ;)

If all Irish women looked like Andrea Corr, I'm booking my trip tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jra wrote: »
    If all Irish women looked like Andrea Corr, I'm booking my trip tomorrow.
    She's pushing on now (almost 40) - but your right shes heading for MILF status :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your views are as repulsive as your name...picklebum. :rolleyes:

OOOO Handbags at dawn!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    irishfeen wrote: »
    She's pushing on now (almost 40) - but your right shes heading for MILF status :)

I'm 49.

Another one that's slipped through the net.
    wikipedia wrote:
    Corr is married to Brett Desmond, son of billionaire Dermot Desmond. They married in St Joseph's Church in Milltown Malbay, County Clare, Ireland on 21 August 2009.[57] Sharon Corr and Caroline Corr sang No Frontiers at the wedding, and Damien Dempsey, Sharon Shannon and Seamus Begley also performed on stage in the church as did Andrea herself.[58] In November 2011 Andrea's pregnancy was announced.[59][60][61][62] It was announced via Twitter on Saturday, 28th April, 2012, that Andrea had given birth to a baby girl. They have named her Jean, after Andrea’s mother.[63][64]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Corr
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Irish, not gullible and as for looks, I couldn't possibly comment :D