Comments

• Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sat-ire wrote: »
    Same problem as last year ;-)

They will not be free.

They will be available at no extra charge to Sky subscribers who don't take Sky Sports.

To view them you need to be paying a subscription.
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    By your reasoning anyone paying only the Sky+ subscription in order to use the PVR functions, and who doesn't subscribe to any channels, should be able to view them then.
    ocav wrote: »
    No, because Sky+ only subscribers are not Sky TV Subscribers

Note the phrase "Sky subscribers". In my book someone paying the Sky+ subscription is a Sky subscriber who is paying a subscription.
  • Options
    sat-iresat-ire Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By your reasoning anyone paying only the Sky+ subscription in order to use the PVR functions, and who doesn't subscribe to any channels, should be able to view them then.

It's hardly my reasoning as I'm simply explaining how it will work so can you tell me what your point is? :D

Sky themselves say Sky Sports will be free to all Sky TV customers so if you have a Sky+ subscription with them I'd call them on Saturday morning if you don't have access to Sports.
    If you are a Sky or Virgin Media customer, all you have to do is simply turn to the Sky Sports Channel of your choice and enjoy! For any other platform, please contact your provider.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do have Sky Sports as it happens but I thought my point was clear, so let me repeat it: In my view a Sky+ only subscriber is still a Sky subscriber who is paying a subscription, therefore I believe they should be able to view on the Saturday. I think we may have to agree to disagree on this one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do have Sky Sports as it happens but I thought my point was clear, so let me repeat it: In my view a Sky+ only subscriber is still a Sky subscriber who is paying a subscription, therefore I believe they should be able to view on the Saturday. I think we may have to agree to disagree on this one.

Where exactly have I disagreed with you? Please quote the relevant post (or part thereof).

Do you read posts or just look for arguments?
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Note the phrase "Sky subscribers". In my book someone paying the Sky+ subscription is a Sky subscriber who is paying a subscription.

Let's put it simply then.

Sky+ subscribers won't receive the channels.

Sky Customers with a TV package (original or above) will receive the channels from 6am Saturday for a period of 24 hours.
  • Options
    jimmyladjimmylad Posts: 729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    Let's put it simply then.

Sky+ subscribers won't receive the channels.

Sky Customers with a TV package (original or above) will receive the channels from 6am Saturday for a period of 24 hours.

I take it if you have a sky box but no longer subscribe to anything then you won't receive sky sports.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimmylad wrote: »
    I take it if you have a sky box but no longer subscribe to anything then you won't receive sky sports.

No, you won't.
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    singhss1 wrote: »
    What about Sky customers?

I am a Sky customer.
  • Options
    Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    Hello there folks, you join us as the Pedant-a-thon 2014 reaches the latter stages...
  • Options
    FastFurious65FastFurious65 Posts: 1,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if you get a service from another provider e.g. BT/Premier Sports etc?
  • Options
    mrprossermrprosser Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if you are a subscriber to al the sports channels do you get a one day reduction in your monthly subscription?

If so, I'd rather elect to have that than 24 hour access to 5 channels I don't watch, won't watch, and have no intention of ever watching (in fact I would rather have my teeth pulled out with rusty pliers than watch football on $ky sports)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrprosser wrote: »
    So if you are a subscriber to al the sports channels do you get a one day reduction in your monthly subscription?

If so, I'd rather elect to have that than 24 hour access to 5 channels I don't watch, won't watch, and have no intention of ever watching (in fact I would rather have my teeth pulled out with rusty pliers than watch football on $ky sports)

Apart from making absolutely no sense if there's a point being made in this post it gets lost in trying to make sense of it.
  • Options
    Scotty_WaldenScotty_Walden Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrprosser wrote: »

Why? You're not losing access to them, are you?
  • Options
    ftakeithftakeith Posts: 3,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its arsenal v palace the only thing I will on tomorrow's sky sports free day

I have the irish setanta pack, don't have sky sports on sky, the live games I will watch on saturday
    man utd v swansea on bt sport at 1245pm
    PSG v Bastia on setanta ireland at 4pm
    arsenal v Palace on sky sports 1 at 530 (watch it after the PSG game)
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What time do these become free - they are all greyed out on the TIVO guide all weekend and still asking you to subscribe, are Virgin definetly getting these free this weekend?
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I want to watch this particular channel but on Sky Sports F1 I am getting a message saying 'This is the wrong card for this set top box.

All others are fine
  • Options
    MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 21,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    What time do these become free - they are all greyed out on the TIVO guide all weekend and still asking you to subscribe, are Virgin definetly getting these free this weekend?

The channels are on now and in HD.
  • Options
    wild_tywild_ty Posts: 198
    Forum Member

Definitely working on virgin tivo, SD and HD
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wild_ty wrote: »
    Definitely working on virgin tivo, SD and HD

Yes thanks can see it now. :)
  • Options
    RjhsteelRjhsteel Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    So it's not on free view or the sky go app.
  • Options
    wild_tywild_ty Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Yes thanks can see it now. :)

No problem. First time I have seen sky sports hd on a tivo box. Picture looks sharp.
  • Options
    JudioJudio Posts: 11,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    6 am until 6 am Sunday on Virgin media
  • Options
    TOON FANTOON FAN Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I want to watch this particular channel but on Sky Sports F1 I am getting a message saying 'This is the wrong card for this set top box.

All others are fine

Glad I'm not the only one, I have used the web chat to reactivate my channels, it hasn't come back on yet though. As long as it is back for next weekend.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judio wrote: »
    6 am until 6 am Sunday on Virgin media

Which means that I will be able to watch the cricket today in HD. I am a Sky Sports subscriber through Virgin but I refuse to pay the extra monthly charge for HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is there a silly little heart shaped symbol in bottom middle right of the screen in the football?