• ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does seem to care about Peter, which is nice
  • maggiekmaggiek Posts: 2,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    I hope they show Tracy having a breakdown and finally feeling guilt and regret about killing Charlie.

Seriously doubt that'll ever happen but it would be a good storyline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Wow, loads of replies :P. Glad other people noticed it too, I forgot to mention her worried look with Carla at the end of the episode. I wonder if she will be sympathetic towards her on Friday's episode when it carries on? I know her and Carla don't get on, but she has been through this herself.

I also noticed the filthy looks she gives to Rob when he has a go at Peter haha. I know someone above mentioned she has always been fairly decent to Peter but I've not really noticed it.

I also loved the scene with her and Simon. She wasn't sure when he first hugged her, but soon was ok!
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been enjoying Tracey's scenes lately especially the ones with Simon and Peter and it is nice to see that she does have compassion. I think Tracey is a lot more bearable now days.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Tracy, always have done. If I could play any part in soap I think I'd like to be her as her evil is just hilarious.

And yes, I've spotted the kinder, softer and very protective side. But thankfully we are still getting some thoughtless comments as well - don't want her completely reforming!

I loved the exchange with Peter when she was telling him how to behave in order to appear innocent as she had experience at doing this. Peter's response was brilliantly timed - along the lines of "yes but in my case I AM innocent"
    Forum Member
    Haha and Tracy smiled and said 'well I know that, but the police don't'

Saying this, she was still a bully in the episode of Tina's balcony incident, In regards to saying she didn't want Carla at her party etc. It's only when she found out about her death, she has transformed. Not completely, luckily.. I think she is hilarious with her sarcastic comments!
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I loved seeing Tracy's human side with Simon- she is his aunty, afterall, and has always had a semi-OK relationship with Peter. I like the jostling of loyalty that Tracy/ Rob are having regarding their siblings.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Maybe finally they will stop with her panto baddie ways and causing trouble for no reason. Tonight was probably the first time I enjoyed the character in a while, no idiotic remarks or over the top acting. Her scenes with Peter were good (and Simon as well).

On another note I am enjoying Deirdre as well and her helping Peter.

Keep it up Corrie.

Same here.
    Forum Member
    Let's hope she continues in tonights episode. :)
  • HarkAtHerHarkAtHer Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eh? I must have been seeing a different show. The bits I remember, Tracey was being as insensitive and nasty as ever, making a welcome antidote to the reverential moping of the rest of the gang. I was utterly mystified as to why notoriously hard-to-please Simon flung his arms round her, she hadn't said anything wonderful.
  • Cody1Cody1 Posts: 2,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems her daughter has taken over as being the un-compassionate one.

When Steve told Amy about Tina she kind of shrugged her shoulders in a 'oh well sh1t happens' kind of way and asked if she could carry on practising her dance.

Amy had no reason to cry dramaticaly about tina.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,240
    Forum Member
    Tracy has always been fairly decent with Peter so I've not found her behaviour in these recent episodes so out of place.

This. Until last Summer when suddenly they had Peter and Tracey hate each other out of nowhere to facilitate her getting the Bookies - Tracy and poater have always been quite close. They have a genuine sibling relationship despite not being blood related and really care (even love) each other. That then extends to Simon so I don't really find it surprising. I actually got quite teary when Simon hugged her - he didn't irritate me for once.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,240
    Forum Member
    Cody1 wrote: »
    Amy had no reason to cry dramaticaly about tina.

Maybe not to cry dramatically but it was somebody she knew fairly well given the amount of time Tina and Amy both spend at the Rovers and to not react at all and just be concerned about her dancing did seem rather hard for a 10 year old. She's old enough to understand the concept of death after all.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Maybe not to cry dramatically but it was somebody she knew fairly well given the amount of time Tina and Amy both spend at the Rovers and to not react at all and just be concerned about her dancing did seem rather hard for a 10 year old. She's old enough to understand the concept of death after all.

Exactly. I never said she had to cry dramatically but a flicker of a reaction wouldn't have gone amiss.
    Forum Member
    'I love Amy to bits, but she can't dance.. and as for dancing and singing at the same time! Well..'

Oh, Tracy!
  • Ashley79Ashley79 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    More screen time for Tracy please, she has been great recently. Can't wait till she finds out it was Rob who killed Tina. Fireworks :)
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Tracy's a bearable character when she doesn't feature in every single episode and makes the same snide comment about said person.

That said her lines are as good as, if not better than her mother's and make me chuckle. Nice the writers want to explore her human side -- unrealistic that anyone can play the bitch all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I love some of her one liners. Sadly, she is another one who hasn't been given much to do in the way of storylines, glad to see things are speeding up for her a bit though
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    she's maybe worried.... She's NEXT ... hahahaha
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I've always thought she was nice to her family but nobody else.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought she was nice to her family but nobody else.

Apart from cold-blooded, premeditated murder, among other things, she was HORRIBLE to the lovely Claire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I wish the Coronation Street writers would use her more though. As bad as Eastenders is at the moment, they were always able to write good storylines for Janine, Tracy used to be able to give her a run for her money but the Corrie writers got lazy with it. I think they should restore her to her former glory. Kate Ford is great when given good material.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The way Tracy has been written of late has really been quite decent and I really like her relationship with Rob.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does seem to care about Peter, which is nice

More than she cares about Rob and herself though? I doubt it.

I think Tracyluv will soon discover the truth about Rob and, being a murderer herself, she will be more understanding than most. Then, putting her own happiness first, I reckon she will choose to stand by her man and leave Peter to rot in prison.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure it won't last long