Options

WWE Network

Comments

• Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    used network a lil over weekend, watched few old classic matches and the last ever wcw ppv greed which i have never seen

its a good lil site but im not sure its essential bar the new ppvs being included.

ill prob not sign up till UK release, or see what summerslam offer they provide.
  • Options
    jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't WWE do a deal where they get the rights to use the footage on the Network, but ITV retain ownership of the library?

If I was in WWE's position I'd definitely want full ownership - and not an ongoing agreement with ITV.
  • Options
    cs638cs638 Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I've been signed-up to the Network for around a month now. Signed-up on the night of the last PPV, Money in the Bank and managed to watch the live stream with no problems, albeit not in the best quality.

Since then I've tried on several occasions to watch some on-demand programming and have had to give up. Video plays for around 10 seconds at the most, before buffering for about 2 mins, then repeating the previous cycle. I've tried using Chrome, Firefox, IE on my laptop and the app on the PS3, and also alternated between unblock-us and Hola. Nothing seems to work. It really is an extremely frustrating experience.

The live stream seems to do what a lot of streaming services do and alters the quality of the feed depending on your connection, whereas the on-demand library seems to just try and play the content in fairly high quality. I'm almost certain this is the issue I'm having.

Maybe things will get better when it launches in the UK properly, but tbh I'm not holding out much hope. The version we'll no doubt get here will be more expensive and have less content.
  • Options
    Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One thing I noticed when watching on the iPad is that the schedule is in BST. That would suggest they know I'm watching in the UK.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    One thing I noticed when watching on the iPad is that the schedule is in BST. That would suggest they know I'm watching in the UK.

I don't think they will really care if people are watching internationally as long as they are paying for it.

I think they only say it's only available officially in the US is because if people subscribe here before an official launch and their DNS service fails, they can turn around and say it's not their fault because they shouldn't be using it.
  • Options
    Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found out something really odd
    Today was my payment date for the network
    the payment did not go though as it should so just now i have had a look and wwe Have cancelled it even though i re set it up

all it says is.....
    You have chosen to cancel your subscription that ends on Saturday, June 21, 2014.
    If you reactivate your account before Saturday, June 21, 2014 you can still enjoy all the benefits of the WWE Network

so the 6 month com means northing this is bad for the future of the network :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dax 21 wrote: »
    the payment did not go though as it should so just now i have had a look and wwe Have cancelled it even though i re set it up

all it says is.....
    You have chosen to cancel your subscription that ends on Saturday, June 21, 2014.
    If you reactivate your account before Saturday, June 21, 2014 you can still enjoy all the benefits of the WWE Network

so the 6 month com means northing this is bad for the future of the network :confused:

Could WWE have figured out you don't live in the US and as such, cancelled your subscription?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dax 21 wrote: »

all it says is.....

I thought you cancelled it yourself?
    Hi all,
    I need help
    I have 2 wwe network subs one on my Apple TV which I use all the time however I had to do a factory reset on my box and lost the sub for a time so I signed up on wwe. Com too via PayPal
    I then after trying a few things got it back on my Apple TV so I will pay the 6 month com on the wwe. Com one and then cancel.

So tonight I canceled it so I don't forget in two months and. Pay pal will just pay the last 2 months I have left this is not the case however

I get an email from PayPal saying that I have cancelled my Billing Agreement with WWE NETWORK. No further payments will be made from your PayPal account to this merchant

I now don't know what to do help me lol

If you re-set it up with a new account, your billing date will be different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought you cancelled it yourself?

If you re-set it up with a new account, your billing date will be different.

i did but i reset up my paypal acount when the account was still active ]

but not worried saved me some money

wwe closed the account anyway :)
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if they did a deal with ITV regarding the footage and would certainly drive a few subscriptions here from people with no interest in the WWE, there is plenty of WOS shows with WWE wrestlers featured on such as Brett Hart, Davey Boy, Owen Hart and others going back in time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    It would be nice if they did a deal with ITV regarding the footage and would certainly drive a few subscriptions here from people with no interest in the WWE, there is plenty of WOS shows with WWE wrestlers featured on such as Brett Hart, Davey Boy, Owen Hart and others going back in time.

ITV aren't doing anything with the footage at the moment, nor are they likely to show it in the future. They might as well make some money selling the footage to WWE.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV aren't doing anything with the footage at the moment, nor are they likely to show it in the future. They might as well make some money selling the footage to WWE.

I doubt WWE would be interested, unless they held William Regal, Dynamite Kid or Fit Finlay matches that were decent, and not just them tagging with Big Daddy, because those matches are beyond horrible.
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    I doubt WWE would be interested, unless they held William Regal, Dynamite Kid or Fit Finlay matches that were decent, and not just them tagging with Big Daddy, because those matches are beyond horrible.

Some of Fit Finlays & Dynamite Kids matches on ITV were brilliant and way before their time, it was not just Big Daddy tags.

It would be a unique selling point for the UK version of the network and would drive subscriptions not just to WWE fans. ITV have rented out the footage before so why not give the WWE access to their archive footage ?
  • Options
    seibuseibu Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    Some of Fit Finlays & Dynamite Kids matches on ITV were brilliant and way before their time, it was not just Big Daddy tags.

I remember seeing Fit Finlay wrestle at a leisure centre in Aylesbury in about 1990, and even then it was like: "This guy is a different league to everyone else".

One thing I remember: He was clearly supposed to be a heel of sorts, but his moveset and workrate were so clearly great that a good portion of the crowd were politely clapping him anyway. He won his match clean, and then went on to win the end of the night Battle Royal. The first tweener? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey, I read about this supposed beta rollout of the WWE Network internationally:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/328982/WWE-Sends-WWE-Network-BETA-Testing-Information-to-International-Users.htm

Did anyone here get invited?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seibu wrote: »
    Hey, I read about this supposed beta rollout of the WWE Network internationally:

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/328982/WWE-Sends-WWE-Network-BETA-Testing-Information-to-International-Users.htm

Did anyone here get invited?

No sadly not but it won't be long now
    I am guessing. here but I would say August 11 start date 6 days before summer slam

We could find out more tomorrow :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Expected to have launched here by October according to various sources most notably Wrestling Observer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Expected to have launched here by October according to various sources most notably Wrestling Observer.

WWE have confirmed today that we should have it by October, 170 other countries getting it on August 12th.
  • Options
    Adam NortonAdam Norton Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming since the UK will be getting it in October that it will be a Premium Channel on the Sky Platform?

As it seems Canada are getting the same, with the Internet version being released sometime in 2015.
    WWE announced a huge networking deal with Rogers today that will see the WWE Network come to Canada, in conjunction with their shareholders meeting which announced the Network coming to dozens of international countries this August.

In a major update for potential subscribers, the internet-based version of the WWE Network – the complete version the U.S. has had since February – is expected to be rolled out at some point in 2015. What Canadians will be getting is closer to what people thought the WWE Network was going to be many years ago; a premium television station. Rogers will be broadcasting the live feed on their network – including monthly PPV events – and viewers will have limited access to on-demand content.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm assuming since the UK will be getting it in October that it will be a Premium Channel on the Sky Platform?

As it seems Canada are getting the same, with the Internet version being released sometime in 2015.

Vince said on the earnings call that he thinks it's unlikely the deal will be replicated in other markets.
  • Options
    rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you're right. Note that the 170 countries point relates to the "US" version of the Network. I expect the UK to be closer to the Canadian version.
  • Options
    grazey1985grazey1985 Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rewind wrote: »
    I think you're right. Note that the 170 countries point relates to the "US" version of the Network. I expect the UK to be closer to the Canadian version.

surely if it was going to be the same as the Canadian version it would have been announced at the same time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it will be available on Virgin too.
  • Options
    rewindrewind Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grazey1985 wrote: »
    surely if it was going to be the same as the Canadian version it would have been announced at the same time.

Depends on the deal they have agreed with Sky. Maybe they haven't finalised the details yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it turns out to be a premium channel on Sky and not the full US-style 'net version, they can, in the nicest possible way, shove it right up their arse.