Rectify

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
Forum Member
Premieres tonight on Sundance in the US from the producers of Breaking Bad. Hope it comes to the UK.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/rectify/

Comments

• chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GaryMo wrote: »
    Premieres tonight on Sundance in the US from the producers of Breaking Bad. Hope it comes to the UK.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/series/rectify/

Been three episodes on already that I have seen so premiere was at least two weeks ago
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    chandlerp wrote: »
    Been three episodes on already that I have seen so premiere was at least two weeks ago

No, the first two episodes aired on the Sundance Channel on Monday night, and episode three will air next Monday. The reason the first three episodes have been available on-line since last week is that they were released last week as "Video On Demand" options for cable customers in the US.
  • xander63xander63 Posts: 669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great new drama, I recommend to everyone now I've seen all 6 episodes of it's 1st Season.

If like Mad Men, slow intriguing character driven dramas then this is for you!

10/10

Rectify Teaser Trailer (HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVHG2UEk3Hw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Sundance has renewed RECTIFY for a second season that will arrive in 2014. Really happy at the news. Managed to find the complete 6 episodes making up season 1 out there, and in view of the ending was pretty much hoping there would be more given that there are still stories to tell!

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/sundance-renews-rectify-for-season-2
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Pleased we'll be getting more episode for season 2. Just finished season 1 and can't wait to see where they go next year.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hesistant to watch this as there are a lot prison related drama's avaliable at the moment and i'm becoming fatigued. l aso know this starts slow too, so i'm not too keen jump on board just yet.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't mind checking this out as I am checking out a lot of American drama's at the moment. I'll see if a UK channel pick it up first.
  • munkyfellovermunkyfellover Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved it, Walton Goggins was supposed to play the main character and I'm so happy he didn't.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this. It's a strange one and I can't decide whether it's all real or he's imagining it from his cell.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder when the next season will start. Looking forward to watching it.
    Forum Member
    'Rectify' Season 2 to Premiere June 19.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched this. It's a strange one and I can't decide whether it's all real or he's imagining it from his cell.
    If he was imagining it, would he have imagined Teds conference trip or any other parts where hes not there to witness things?
    For me its all real.
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed season 1 but it's a real slowburner, even by slowburner standards. I am encouraged though by the amnount of TV that is willing to take its time, focus on character development rather than rush from one artificial cliffhanger to the next
  • LARulzLARulz Posts: 34,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best show on TV that I'm watching
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an amazing episode in a truly remarkable series, one the best kept secrets on TV.

The heart wrenching scene between Tawney & Ted was so powerful, credit to both actors.

Season finale will be epic!!

Are you watching people!
  • MaccaMacca Posts: 18,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the best shows on TV. Some really good acting & getting the story across without constant swearing (which usually seems the norm in most TV shows now).
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maccadanny wrote: »
    One of the best shows on TV. Some really good acting & getting the story across without constant swearing (which usually seems the norm in most TV shows now).
    I finished watching Season 2 the other day, just loved the whole series so far; it's at a different pace, the acting is fantastic and I love that, still - even after the amazing ending - we aren't sure if he did, or didn't :D

Bring on Season 3 :)
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet to watch this. Shame it's not on any UK channels.
    It's top of the Metacritic TV show list.
    Forum Member
    Season 3 begins on Sundance on July 9th. Only 6 episodes this year :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not long to go now.

Season 3 trailer
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Season 3 begins on Sundance on July 9th. Only 6 episodes this year :(

That's for the best I think. Series 1 was much better than 2 and I think that was mostly down to fewer episodes.
    Forum Member
    Possibly. I do agree that 1 was better.....I think it also had something to do with it taking space over a few days, but they couldn't keep that pace forever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got the first 2 episodes of Season 3 to watch over the weekend. So glad this is back again!
  • Yo Omars CominYo Omars Comin Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xander63 wrote: »
    Got the first 2 episodes of Season 3 to watch over the weekend. So glad this is back again!

First two? How have you managed that?

This has already been given a fourth series. Excellent news.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First two? How have you managed that?

This has already been given a fourth series. Excellent news.

Well, you can get them via the usual methods or go to the sundance.tv website and watch the full episodes online. Up to you! :)