The Good Wife Season 5 (US Pace)

Comments

• PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didn't like the end, I know they had to get it good and dramatic, but I feel like Diane would be less inclined to run straight to Will, especially after he low balled her with the exit package and how she has talked before about how hard it was to be a woman in the cut throat business of law when she started her firm. Wouldn't she have gone to Alicia first and been like it's time to get out of here because I found out, and I'm going to tell Will what's going on? I think the thing with Will is well over now, which is fine with me because as much as I like Will, I don't think he's been as good for Alicia as Peter is, has been, and will be.

As for the fourth years, who cares if they're not nice (David Lee is definitely not nice, and neither are most of the partners at Lockhart Gardner) they're lawyers, they're not supposed to be nice they're supposed to be sharks. They seem to pretty good lawyers so they'll probably be pretty successful, especially once Alicia signed on, with the Florrick name like Rucker said, the First Lady of Illinois on the letterhead is impressive. They'll be good but Gardner is probably done and through.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the fourth years, who cares if they're not nice (David Lee is definitely not nice, and neither are most of the partners at Lockhart Gardner) they're lawyers, they're not supposed to be nice they're supposed to be sharks. They seem to pretty good lawyers so they'll probably be pretty successful, especially once Alicia signed on, with the Florrick name like Rucker said, the First Lady of Illinois on the letterhead is impressive.

She's mainly leaving to get away from Will, but also because she doesn't like the way L/G handle certain things. Back in season 4, L/G did some quite underhand things like offering a load of partnerships to the fourth years to raise money for bankrupcy but then taking them away, and also the unions case where they bought off the ringleader assistants.

I'm just saying that she's leaving, partly, to get away from all that backstabbing nonsense and yet the fourth years demonstrated to her in this episode that they are just as corrupt as L/G. One of the fourth years leaked that video to Viola Walsh and then blackmailed the rest of the group to share their bonuses with him or he would blab about their mutiny. Sounds like a great basis for a business to start on.

And maybe the fourth years are good lawyers, but they were pretty stupid in this episode. All those meetings in plain sight of everyone. Cary and Carey pulling that prank on the paralegal that sued, wanting her to see Howard Lyman without pants - are they 12?

I'm just saying Alicia seems to be giving up everything to join a bunch of amateurs right now!
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didn't like the end, I know they had to get it good and dramatic, but I feel like Diane would be less inclined to run straight to Will, especially after he low balled her with the exit package and how she has talked before about how hard it was to be a woman in the cut throat business of law when she started her firm.
    Yes, I was expecting Diane to go to Will intending to tell him everything, him ask her what she wanted, and then Diane just shrug and say something like, "Forget it, it doesn't matter now anyway..." before walking away.

As it is, I think this will lead to the new firm going horribly wrong, Peter being angry with Diane for derailing it, pulling her judge appointment, and the rest of the season spiralling from there, with Will, Diane & Alicia all in separate camps...
  • gaz141gaz141 Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do love this show but for some reason I feel like I'm watching the final season, I hope not though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Peter being angry with Diane for derailing it, pulling her judge appointment, and the rest of the season spiraling from there, with Will, Diane & Alicia all in separate camps...

Good call. :cool:
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not often that a series gets better and better but The Good Wife certainly delivers. This latest episode was a real roller coaster.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    It's not often that a series gets better and better but The Good Wife certainly delivers. This latest episode was a real roller coaster.

Yes a very good episode, I loved the bit where Will and Alicia are arguing on the phone and he tells her she needs to ring her daughter. :)

It's all turning nasty between Her, Will and Diane.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am team Will... he will have to be really smart now... if Diana looses her job.... and it looks that way....will she join the new firm? After the interview she gave she cannot go back to L&G can she?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    feeVerte wrote: »
    I am team Will... he will have to be really smart now... if Diana looses her job.... and it looks that way....will she join the new firm? After the interview she gave she cannot go back to L&G can she?

she's not signed her exit package yet so she will go back. felt sorry for diane throughout that episode though as she was still in her wedding dress
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member

Diane is toast, Will to be next. his Criminal past will be hung around his neck.

L&G have made made a huge mistake, you can not fight the Governor & his Good Wife and expect to survive.

" Go to the Mattresses! "

Great episode, one of the best!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode was brilliant! So much tension and yet there were still little moments of comedy. All the acting was outstanding and also the music was so atmospheric. So looking forward to what happens next!

I wish Alicia would be with Will though :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Fantastic episode! had to go back and re-watch Wills reaction at the beginning - brilliant :D
  • PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    xander63 wrote: »
    Yes, great return. This potentially could be the best season yet if it continue's down it's current path?

Here's hoping! :)

Just watched the lastest show in the States Sun night ...wowow the best episode of The Good Wife ever if the rest is like this what a treat...brillant . absolutely brillant
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    It just gets better and better. Easily the best episode so far. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quinn. wrote: »
    Diane is toast, Will to be next. his Criminal past will be hung around his neck.

L&G have made made a huge mistake, you can not fight the Governor & his Good Wife and expect to survive.

Quinn as in... Peter Quinn? :p

Yep... team Peter+Alicia are really going for it... and the sex scene...totally who's using who now type of thing.... Alicia has turned out really ambitious and nasty...... total controll freak (even wrt Grace)
    so I am Team Will all the way :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh but Kalinda :confused: "Can I trust you?" How can Will trust her when she's done what she did?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    Oh but Kalinda :confused: "Can I trust you?" How can Will trust her when she's done what she did?

what did she do?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what did she do?

She knew about them leaving for ages and didn't tell him
  • Metal MickeyMetal Mickey Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That episode was spectacularly good TV, my stomach was in knots pretty much the whole time, excellent stuff, and so good to see a programme improve as it goes on, even if this does turn out to be the final season...

And I can't help thinking that in an ideal world, the first 4 episodes of this season should have been the end of last season, with this as the season 5 opener, that would have been spectacular... really looking forward to the next few episodes!
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    That episode was spectacularly good TV, my stomach was in knots pretty much the whole time, excellent stuff, and so good to see a programme improve as it goes on, even if this does turn out to be the final season...

And I can't help thinking that in an ideal world, the first 4 episodes of this season should have been the end of last season, with this as the season 5 opener, that would have been spectacular... really looking forward to the next few episodes!

Oh god I hope it isn't the last season. It's one of the best shows on tv right now.

I don't get wills reaction to kalinda. As others have pointed out she lied to him for months so why not sack her as well??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butterflyy wrote: »
    She knew about them leaving for ages and didn't tell him

And...she gave away the address of the new firm's offices, after pretending to want to join them. Tsk tsk
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This programme is the one I wait all week for and it never lets me down.

Looks as though it's all about to go pear-shaped for Florrick Argos though. Love, love Diane when she's angry!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This episode was not as good as the previous one which set a ridiculously high standard, but I still enjoyed it! Loved all the interplay with Will and Alicia one-upping each other.

A few things that were weird: Will's strange baby-wanting blonde, anything involving Grace, and there was too much Marilyn in this episode (who is her baby daddy?)

But I still enjoyed it so much! This show is on a roll!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Butterflyy wrote: »
    This episode was not as good as the previous one which set a ridiculously high standard, but I still enjoyed it! Loved all the interplay with Will and Alicia one-upping each other.

A few things that were weird: Will's strange baby-wanting blonde, anything involving Grace, and there was too much Marilyn in this episode (who is her baby daddy?)

But I still enjoyed it so much! This show is on a roll!

Grace is becoming too much like Dana from Homeland.

US shows really can't write teenage characters without being cliched.

I'm still not sure who we are meant to be supporting. It is called 'The Good Wife' so we are supposed to be on Alicia's side, but she isn't coming out good in all this.

The bits with Will and the blond felt surreal, especially with the sun rising clip.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quinn. wrote: »

not sure WIll past is still able to damaged him.
    Did we see Diana interview been aired? Did it go ahead?
    Now she is back in firm... will she make a new statement?

Peter has already used his power to his wife advantage and the smart pregnant lady knows it...

not sure why she needed being pregnant at this point?
    Eli child? :eek::D