Burn Notice renewed for Season 7

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.c21media.net/archives/91813

I wonder if FX will ever catch up, even slightly, with US Pace?

And I wonder how much longer they can stretch out the story arc about Michael being burnt ?

Still, I like the show either way so I'm glad it's continuing - I'll still watch at UK pace as well.

Comments

• zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I grew tired, a few seasons back, of him constantly referring to his burness. but since it is most unlikely the ptb will ever stop (the show IS called Burn Notice after all and unless they change the title they're gonna keep on reminding us that he got burnt) whenever they mention it I just say to myself "blah blah", tuning out for a few seconds, knowing that (1) it'll be over soon and they'll quickly return to (2) a big explosion, a gun fight, Fiona in a bikini, OR a combination of all three. :D
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I gave up somewhere around S3. It was fun and escapist TV but I just found it too repetitive. Maybe I'll do a massive catchup session when I've got nothing better to do, but I doubt it,
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, they tried to mix it up a bit in the first part of S5 with a plot about a murdered government agent.

I'll spoiler the next part just in case, but if you've given up with the show, it won't matter :)
    They've introduced the "last" person who was part of the organisation who burnt Michael. He staged a scheme that involved two innocent security guards getting killed and recorded Fiona and Michael admitting it was their fault. He's now using this as leverage to get Michael to do stuff.

So it gets stretched out that teeny bit further. And this is only Season 5 - Season 6 is well under way in the states.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still watching, but it's feeling tired now. The "burned" arc is largely played out, and they've run out of interesting lessons on how to be a spy. They need to move on.

(Or have another prequel. Perhaps this time showing Fi's highjinks getting her explosives expertise making bombs for the IRA.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I'm still watching, but it's feeling tired now. The "burned" arc is largely played out, and they've run out of interesting lessons on how to be a spy. They need to move on.

(Or have another prequel. Perhaps this time showing Fi's highjinks getting her explosives expertise making bombs for the IRA.)

no no no no no no no no no no and (once more) no, no thanq very much.

Fi's past is the only thing I don't like about this most excellent series. The thought that she blew up British soldiers, well that just leaves a right icky taste in my mouth and quite frankly I don't want to think about it - Fi with an Uzi :yay: but Fi with British blood on her hands :sticksfingersinearsandhumsloudlythenationaanthem:

As for all this "Burn Notice" played outness - I felt that a number of series back but methinks the ptb kinda saddled themselves with CONTINUALLY needing to refer to it since they named the darn series Burn Notice (doh!!:p) And since it's unlikely they'll ever do a massive direction shift coupled with a changing of the title to "The Adventures of Michael and his posee" (working title!) methinks we're stuck with them taking 5mins out of each ep to:
    (1) stop (2) look at each other (3) go "Burn Notice" (4) big sigh (5) big shrug - and then continue with the Client of the week bit -> and I can just go all blahblah to myself while they do dat knowing Fi will shoot someone or blow something up real soon. :D

As for, overall, the series getting tired -> not sure what pace you're watching at but, as a viewer from day1 and a dedicated fan from about 5min into ep1, US S6 rocks and I've literally go no clue as to where they're going and am still loving the ride. :cool:
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not if she regressed to that awful Irish accent she had in the pilot!
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,579
    Forum Member
    And I wonder how much longer they can stretch out the story arc about Michael being burnt?
    I hope that wasn't a spoiler because, as of this current UK Season 5, he's not 'burnt' anymore. Wasn't he finally re-instated (partially, at least) in the last ep?
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    It's odd that Fi had so much remorse over the guards (which really weren't her fault anyway), yet seems to have very few regrets about making bombs for the IRA. Something of a character change.

Still love the show though, no matter what.

Regards

Mark
  • petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad it's got another season, though I reckon they should think of wrapping it up.

The actress who plays Fi has said in an interview that if Michael ever proposed, that would be the end of the show - and that seems like a good way to finish things.

They could do a version of The Fall of Sam Ax for Fi with the brits as the baddies in Ireland. Though it would be more interesting if they pitched it in the years after The Troubles and after MW had left (since the yanks know bugger all history of anywhere except their own country, the writers could take monumental liberties) to tell the story of how Fi ended up in the USA - and why the american immigration people don't just kick her out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Not if she regressed to that awful Irish accent she had in the pilot!

"welcome to moi-yammy" :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope that wasn't a spoiler because, as of this current UK Season 5, he's not 'burnt' anymore. Wasn't he finally re-instated (partially, at least) in the last ep?

It wasn't a spoiler because with the Anson character, the 'burnt' storyline was still there in the background, despite him being re-instated.

And that story thread is still open as well as at the end of Season 5, Anson is still alive. And no, that's not a spoiler either as Season 5 has concluded in the UK ;)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    petely wrote: »
    I'm glad it's got another season, though I reckon they should think of wrapping it up.

The actress who plays Fi has said in an interview that if Michael ever proposed, that would be the end of the show - and that seems like a good way to finish things.

They could do a version of The Fall of Sam Ax for Fi with the brits as the baddies in Ireland. Though it would be more interesting if they pitched it in the years after The Troubles and after MW had left (since the yanks know bugger all history of anywhere except their own country, the writers could take monumental liberties) to tell the story of how Fi ended up in the USA - and why the american immigration people don't just kick her out.

I'd rather see a prequel that shows how Michael and Sam first met
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I'd rather see a prequel that shows how Michael and Sam first met

that's a great idea ..
  • DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    that's a great idea ..

We had The Fall of Sam Axe so we know Sams background so to speak, what i want to see is Michael and Fi's first meet and their "IRA" days.
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark A wrote: »
    It's odd that Fi had so much remorse over the guards (which really weren't her fault anyway), yet seems to have very few regrets about making bombs for the IRA. Something of a character change.

I thought exactly the same thing at the time.

The last thing I want to see is an IRA prequel staring a bunch of happy-go-lucky 'freedom fighters' battling the oppressive British rule.

I'm finding this season (UK) to be a bit of a struggle really. The number of times he's got out from under one evil controller on to find himself under the infulence of another is getting a bit silly now. I'm only really watching it out of habit and to fill in time between shows I actually enjoy.

That said, I'll probably watch season 6 if FX ever get around to showing it.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been announced that Season 7 will be the last season

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/05/usa-networks-burn-notice-to-end-with-upcoming-seventh-season/

Which means that the show will have lasted for 111 episodes.... not a bad run