Options

Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• Options
    JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The can't keep killing off main casts, there be no one left, I would have been disappointed if they did have a major death. In my opinion I don't know why any show need the cheap shock factor to make an episode good, overall the finale was interesting and sets up the next season nicely.
  • Options
    Typ33Typ33 Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Found this cool lifespan/timeline thing of WD characters on Reddit.
    http://www.livingwithdata.com/walkingdeadgraphic.html
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is one of the reasons 'bad' people reach the top. Look at Hitler Stalin. They rule through fear. I suppose it was the same with the Governor. Now Rick is being called the 'Ricktator'. He has shown now what he can do. Good leaders like Lincoln Ghandi get assassinated.

That's one way of looking at it. But another way is that in this world, being bad means more people live, being good means more people die. Deanna let Pete live, her husband died. Morgan let the Wolves live, red riding hood died.

I like the way they've taken us from clearly seeing people like the Governor being evil, to turning Rick and the group down the same path. Maybe, just maybe the Governor had a point after all.

But I suspect you are right though, at some point someone will realise doing what is necessary to live isn't really living at all.

Bring on Ricks training camp and the inevitable showdown.."this is my rifle, this is my gun.."
  • Options
    Typ33Typ33 Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Chas1989 wrote: »
    Hope Morgan is a regular in Season 6. Lennie James is brilliant. He said on Talking Dead he is in at least one episode next season so hope he becomes a regular..

At least one episode means he won't be there for long IMO.
    My slight disappointment in the finale was the lack of a major death. I really got the feeling over the last few eps that a major character like Daryl or Glenn could go..

Now because you were waiting for it. Isn't that enough to get you on the edge of your seat?
    Daryl using the chain to decapitate the walkers and Rick causing walker face destruction..
    ala Ghost Rider minus the flames. Bike and suit are similar. Daryl will qualify if he joins BPRD. Hell yeah!
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that was an excellent finale, the tension with the possible deaths of Glenn and Daryl had me on the edge.

Morgan's appearance was cool but where did he learn his skills with a stick and where was he headed? If he was following directions from Rick, from the time the group was at the prison, then he's miles off since the group is now near Washington...?

RE: decomposing zombies - I don't know how much time has passed in the series but I don't think it's enough time for a body to full decompose but we have seen very decomposed zombies in the series that were skin and bones.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Really thought it was the end of Morgan in that opening scene, for this slow burner, to finish the season....I loved it.

Felt for Sasha - Vicar dealing with his demons too - and the best way to fool the walking dead....music and flashing lights.:cool:
  • Options
    bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    varsas wrote: »
    I thought that was an excellent finale, the tension with the possible deaths of Glenn and Daryl had me on the edge.

Morgan's appearance was cool but where did he learn his skills with a stick and where was he headed? If he was following directions from Rick, from the time the group was at the prison, then he's miles off since the group is now near Washington...?

RE: decomposing zombies - I don't know how much time has passed in the series but I don't think it's enough time for a body to full decompose but we have seen very decomposed zombies in the series that were skin and bones.

He was following the map that Abraham gave to Rick when they seperated at the church, showing their intended path to Washington.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    best season since 1 for me.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bobbla wrote: »
    He was following the map that Abraham gave to Rick when they seperated at the church, showing their intended path to Washington.

Ah, I thought it was from their last encounter. So that begs the question of how Morgan acquired it?

IIRC we've only seen 1 scene with him all season prior to this episode when he was near Terminus.
  • Options
    AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Really thought it was the end of Morgan in that opening scene, for this slow burner, to finish the season....I loved it.

Felt for Sasha - Vicar dealing with his demons too - and the best way to fool the walking dead....music and flashing lights.:cool:

BIB- In Land of the Dead they used fireworks, which they called 'sky flowers'. This worked for a while until the zombies evolved and realised that this was the humans way of distracting them.
  • Options
    VersaillesVersailles Posts: 1,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Batch wrote: »
    That's one way of looking at it. But another way is that in this world, being bad means more people live, being good means more people die. Deanna let Pete live, her husband died. Morgan let the Wolves live, red riding hood died.

I like the way they've taken us from clearly seeing people like the Governor being evil, to turning Rick and the group down the same path. Maybe, just maybe the Governor had a point after all.

But I suspect you are right though, at some point someone will realise doing what is necessary to live isn't really living at all.

Bring on Ricks training camp and the inevitable showdown.."this is my rifle, this is my gun.."

And Tyreese let that man who threatened Judith live. And he then went with Garreth and murdered Bob.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think he would have had a stronger reaction then when he saw her tied up to the tree!

Would he have recognised her?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typ33 wrote: »
    At least one episode means he won't be there for long IMO.
    That'll be all up in the air at the moment I'd suggest. There has obviously got to be some sort of resolution to Morgan finally catching up with Rick, hence the 'at least one episode' comment, but more pragmatically it may come down to whether Lennie James' Sky series is a success, and if he wants to do that as the main lead rather than a supporting role on TWD.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Ah, I thought it was from their last encounter. So that begs the question of how Morgan acquired it?

IIRC we've only seen 1 scene with him all season prior to this episode when he was near Terminus.

We also saw him at the Gabriel's church after the group had been forced out by walkers. The map had been left behind.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,512
    Forum Member
    I loved the finale, just caught up. I thought it held the right amount of drama, will they/won't they die and character/narrative development.
    We still have Darryl, Aaron, Glenn and wotshisface out in the wild away from safety so I guess the start of season 6 could be interesting (or did they all turn up with Morgan at the end, I was totally focussed on him?).

I too have trouble recalling many of the names of the Alexandrians as is evident above^

Just a comment about the posts re. apes from a few pages back - just how many of these are known to inhabit Georgia? ;-)
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Versailles wrote: »
    And Tyreese let that man who threatened Judith live. And he then went with Garreth and murdered Bob.

Not sure that this counts as Bob had already become walker chow and was going to die anyway, and Gareth was quite capable of finding the group without Martin's help.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delighted the writers remembered Maggie in this episode and gave her a farely major part to play. I liked the mirroring scenes with Glenn not shooting Nicholas, and Maggie stopping Sasha from shooting Gabriel.
    My slight disappointment in the finale was the lack of a major death. I really got the feeling over the last few eps that a major character like Daryl or Glenn could go.

I'm glad nobody major died. I hope none of the remaining long term characters pop their clogs any time soon.
  • Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So that begs the question of how Morgan acquired it?

It is the post credits sequence in 05.08 Coda where he discovers the Map.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Delighted the writers remembered Maggie in this episode and gave her a farely major part to play. I liked the mirroring scenes with Glenn not shooting Nicholas, and Maggie stopping Sasha from shooting Gabriel.

I'm glad nobody major died. I hope none of the remaining long term characters pop their clogs any time soon.

I really really don't like Sasha - cannot find any empathy for her character. As for her whole PTSD thing - you simply cannot afford this in their world, you carry on or you die, if you fall apart then you are just walker fodder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    I loved the finale and was so glad we didnt lose any of our lot. Glen getting shot did produce a sharp intake of breath in this house. Nice to see the story well spread among the characters rather than concentrating on one or two as well.

One thing I didn't get is why the red poncho guy was taken to where the walkers were then they slit his throat outside the gate? Did they kill him just because they could? Will they put him in the gate to add to their zombie collection? Why didnt they do that straight away because nowadays people seem to turn very quickly? Is that warehouse full of food and are they using the walkers as guard dogs?

I know desperate times call for desperate measures but there does seem to be a disproportionate number of baddies that have survived.

Red poncho guy turned up again at the end of the credits. I think he was like an analogy between the Wolves and Little Red Riding Hood but surely he hasn't been walking round with a red poncho on for a long time, walkers would have spotted him a mile away. I also couldn't understand how the wolves managed to off him so easily if he has survived this long in a zombie apocalypse.

If the warehouse is full of food I bet it will be the wolves' supplies as I believe there are more than just these two guys. Wolves run in packs so I definately think there is more to come. Its like Rick said, they are not only to fear the dead but the living too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    peach45 wrote: »
    Not sure that this counts as Bob had already become walker chow and was going to die anyway, and Gareth was quite capable of finding the group without Martin's help.

Ok. I think it was pretty stupid to let him live anyway. It takes a special kind of evil to kill a baby. Which he would have done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Growing up under these horrible circumstances, with lack of nurtrishious food, sunlight, a stable home and surrounded by anxiety, has taken its toll on baby Judith.

Not only has she not grown, she has shrunk.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    I really really don't like Sasha - cannot find any empathy for her character. As for her whole PTSD thing - you simply cannot afford this in their world, you carry on or you die, if you fall apart then you are just walker fodder.

I think the writers are wanting to actually develop her character, rather than just have her as cannon fodder later on down the line. I think it is a good thing, but she can annoy me at times. I think the actor playing her is fantastic though.

With this arc they have her on, she's like Rick's hit man. The same with Michonne. Whenever a walker needs putting down, he barks his order and she shoots. This is the character they should have developed Andrea into, rather than that BS, Governor loving version we got of her. Out of all of the people in Alexandria, a sharp shooter will be the most essential later on down the line... I'm assuming. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »

I thought it was a bit disturbing when she lay down among the dead walkers. Was she trying to feel what it was like to be one or imagining Bob and Tyrese in their graves. Bit of a weird place to sunbathe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AngiBear wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit disturbing when she lay down among the dead walkers. Was she trying to feel what it was like to be one or imagining Bob and Tyrese in their graves. Bit of a weird place to sunbathe.

I thought that this message was clear - she wanted the peace of mind of the dead which she later clarified to Gabriel.

I'm glad that I hung on until the end of the credits - seeing Michonne don her sword again was so satisfying and seeing Little Red Ponchohood released as a walker to join the others where the trailers were.
    Another poster suggested this was a trailer for the spin off series but how would that be so - it featured characters from THIS series and not a new one?:confused: