Gotham (UK Pace) - Starts Monday 13th October 9pm

Comments

• varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The overnights aren't an accurate reflection of the ratings. Anyonefortennis mentioned the ratings not being great, citing below 1M figures, and that's when I looked up the Barb numbers. It'll be a few weeks before this episode can be looked up; they also have catch up(?) figures too now.

FYI the final 2 episodes before the break:

Harvey Dent #1 2.04M w/e 14 Dec 2014
    Lovecraft #1 2.18M (7 days) 2.48M (28 days) w/e 21 Dec 2014
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't work out if having Morena Baccarin joining the show balances out Makenzie Leigh leaving it? :D
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Morena Baccarat must be the most glamorous doctor to ever work in a mental institution.
    Always the same in US TV. Doctors, lawyers, judges, librarians.... could all be models.
    If they want them to look frumpy they give them a brown jumper and big glasses - still a model underneath though.
    Forum Member
    myss wrote: »
    I'm keen to see how Fish gets out of this one (if she does).
    How surprising. Kill all her men but keep these two alive so they have a chance to escape later on as they are part of the main cast
    Forum Member
    varsas wrote: »
    The overnights aren't an accurate reflection of the ratings. Anyonefortennis mentioned the ratings not being great, citing below 1M figures, and that's when I looked up the Barb numbers. It'll be a few weeks before this episode can be looked up; they also have catch up(?) figures too now.

FYI the final 2 episodes before the break:

Harvey Dent #1 2.04M w/e 14 Dec 2014
    Lovecraft #1 2.18M (7 days) 2.48M (28 days) w/e 21 Dec 2014
    Do they take into account On Demand viewings?

I've never watched this show 'live'.

Shame that 5 have added adverts to the Sky On Demand offering. The same ads every bloody break as well.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good to have Gotham back. Clever of Ch5 to make it a double bill since the 2 episodes were very much linked. Quite liked the villian and the scene when Gordon poured water over his suit! Good one! :D

Loved the whole Falcone/Fish battle. I thought Fish was gonna be a goner but it was Liza sadly who met that fate. Sad to see her go but it was inevitable. Glad Falcone got his mojo back, that was a great scene. I look forward to seeing more battles between him and Fish/Maroni.

Penguin getting smacked in the face - oh yes he deserved it! I LOVE his portryal of Penguin, it really is genius.

No Bruce/Alfred - thank you.

Selina/Ivy - why? They were shoehorned in for no reason whatsoever!

Lastly and certainly not least thank god for casting Morena Baccarin in the show. One of the sexiest women on the planet. There was more chemistry between Gordon and Dr Thompkins in one episode than Gordon had with Barbara throughout the whole season so far! Absolutely adore this woman and although she's not a regular i'm glad she's in the show and a worthy addition to the cast. Sidenote she's also been cast as the female lead in the new Deadpool film.

Really hope the viewing figures go back to 2m like it used to be.
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Always the same in US TV. Doctors, lawyers, judges, librarians.... could all be models.

I think it also helps that Morena is half Brazilian and half Italian, that's some good genes right there! ;-)
    Forum Member
    I can't work out if having Morena Baccarin joining the show balances out Makenzie Leigh leaving it? :D
    To be fair they could just have a cardboard cut out of her in the background for all the acting ability she brought to the role
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Really good to have Gotham back. Clever of Ch5 to make it a double bill since the 2 episodes were very much linked. Quite liked the villian and the scene when Gordon poured water over his suit! Good one! :D
    I thought the writers must have been channelling Hopkins' Lecter with the way he was performed.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! It was bugging me - her from Moonlighting!

I was trying to work out who she was as well

The villain was played by Christopher Heyerdahl who has appeared on such shows as Stargate: Atlantis, Sanctuary and Supernatural

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but Anthony Corrigan aka Victor Zsasz also appears as The Mist on The Flash
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I don't know if it's been mentioned before but Anthony Corrigan aka Victor Zsasz also appears as The Mist on The Flash

Oh yes, i forgot about him. He wasn't in it much but Victor Zsasz is absolutely terrifying. The actor's portrayal of him is brilliant. He shined in that one episode that was centred around him. I wish he was in it more. He's a great villain. I wouldn't want to meet him on a dark street at night!
    Forum Member
    How surprising. Kill all her men but keep these two alive so they have a chance to escape later on as they are part of the main cast
    Yep, didn't see that one coming.

Also no real need to shoehorn in Bruce and Cat in this episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair they could just have a cardboard cut out of her in the background for all the acting ability she brought to the role

When you are that hot you don't need to act. :D
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor playing Zsasz is so convincing in his protrayal.

I like the Penguin getting drunk and showing his mental side after his mother had left the club.
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The actor playing Zsasz is so convincing in his protrayal.

I like the Penguin getting drunk and showing his mental side after his mother had left the club.

Enjoyed the last episode. Like Zsasz as many others have brought up. Fish has grown on me as has Bullock (he still gets the most cringeworthy lines though) and glad there was no Barbara! YAY! Also surprisingly liked The Riddler, find him really annoying when they use him as comic relief, but this season he's had a little more to do and I can feel a darker undercurrent to him, which I like. The whole suicide by icepick in the back was maybe the stupidest thing I've ever heard, even for fantasy television, I don't care how well connected the bloke was. Thought the episode ended really well also.

I like Ben McKenzie as well but he seems to have about one and a half facial expressions: the "gritted teeth angry face" or the "partly constipated" look.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Is Fish an original comic book character and so named so as to give a neat twist to her nemesis being the Penguin?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Is Fish an original comic book character and so named so as to give a neat twist to her nemesis being the Penguin?

No, she was created for the television series.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Totally lost interest in this thanks to the mid-season break.
    Forum Member
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    The whole suicide by icepick in the back was maybe the stupidest thing I've ever heard, even for fantasy television, I don't care how well connected the bloke was. Thought the episode ended really well also.
    Even out and out corruption would come up with a better explanation :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    Totally lost interest in this thanks to the mid-season break.

I guess that's the argument for UK channels delaying the start of a series or waiting till US series finishes broadcast before starting. :D
    Forum Member
    Wasn;t impressed with the Nygma storyline last night.

He gets suspended and rightly so.
    He plants body parts. No investigation it seems but the MA is sacked.
    Nygma gets his job back?
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt it was still an enjoyable episode but the story line involving the support group killing was a bit weak. Some parts of it made me think 'really?', I felt somewhat like that at how Penguin got out of being crushed like that - right in front of Maroni.

Glad to see Gordon shove Barbara to the back of his mind though, and Bullock getting some attention of it own too! ;-)
  • FrostyJimFrostyJim Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange episode for me. First the positives; the first murder was quite creepy, Maroni is always decent, but my favourite scene was Bruce and Alfred pretty much telling Gordan to "f*ck off", thought that was ace. Negative: what the hell was that ending about!? Fish and some bloke (was I supposed to know him?) charging at each other. Looked ridiculous. I know everyone gushes over The Penguin, but he's starting to grate me now. I'm still not sure whether we're supposed to like him or not. I had hopes for Nygma when they suspended him, but they bottled that as well, they keep teasing in pushing him over the edge and then don't. I want supervillains now, mob guys have had enough time, now it's boring imo, are we going to have a big bad in this season?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glad to see Gordon shove Barbara to the back of his mind though, )

I think we've all been doing that ever since the show started. :D
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually hoping Penguin would get crushed, he bugs me now! :D
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Fish and some bloke (was I supposed to know him?) charging at each other
    Made to look like they were both in attack mode but my call is that they are going for a great big friendly hug and turn out to be old baddies in arms.