Walking Dead - Season 5 (US Sun/UK Mon) - No Spoilers

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given that we didn't see Gareth die the chances are he could this season's Big Bad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Confusing having Carol and Coral though
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    just watched the extra scene after the end credits
    oh my god, Morgan Jones is back!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D!
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Fantastic opening episode. We've seen people die in some brutal ways before but I thought the slaughtering at the beginning of the episode was right up there.

I was actually welling up at the end when Carol and Daryl were reunited! It just shows how well the writers of this show can 'do' drama as well as the great action scenes when you find yourself really caring about the characters. The actors have to take credit too.

I thought it might take a few eps to get out of Terminus but now I'm intrigued to see where they go next. The flashbacks scenes were good too. Makes me wonder where the guys who turned the Terminus residents into cannibals are. I'd be more worried about running into them than Gareth!
    just watched the extra scene after the end credits
    oh my god, Morgan Jones is back!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D!

Can't wait! :D

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet but the premiere pulled 17.3m viewers in the US. That makes it the highest rated show in cable television history (a showing of High School Musical 2 in 2007 apparently pulled 17.2m, so it's just been pipped). :o
  • eirmaneirman Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    I was looking forward to this all summer and this episode didn't disappoint ......
    No shortage of gore, brutality and emotion.

I've set sky+ to record it again at 01:00 to catch that snippet at the end .... whatever it was!
    (I just hope that it's a real scene and not a spoiler for next week's episode)
    Forum Member
    Can someone remind me ... Who Is Morgan Jones?
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    eirman wrote: »
    Can someone remind me ... Who Is Morgan Jones?

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Morgan_Jones_%28TV_Series%29
  • SideshowMarkSideshowMark Posts: 492
    Forum Member
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once the episode is aired over here there is no need to put spoiler tags in.

I thought it was a brilliant opening to the season, they have set the bar very high for the rest of the series.

I had seen on Twitter from someone on the show to keep watching after the credits for a big surprise. So glad it's Morgan. Lenny James is so brilliant I hope he's in for a prolonged stay and not just a guest spot.
  • frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    That was a right edge of the seat episode, Carol was blimmin' fantastic. Soo looking forward to the rest of this series if it's more like this, I did not see the end of Terminus coming so quick and was actually glad that they didn't linger there but I bet we haven't seen the end of Gareth & co.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Too many damn adverts!

...agreed - at least they are now not them blimmin' JOOP Homme ads - they were annoying as hell!!!! >:(

What an awsome opening episode! I even convinced my wife to watch it (she hasn't watched ANY of the previous seasons OR episodes!) and even she liked it!

I was a little surprised that with the so many weeks build up to Terminus as a 'sanctuary', Rick and his team managed to dispatch the whole compound in one single episode!!

The scene where they were smacking the prisoner's heads with a baseball bat, before slitting their throats and allowing the blood to drain away was awsome!!! Boy, was Glen LUCKY!!!:o:o

Gotta hand it to Carol as well, she has AWSOME aim with fireworks - light the fuse and it specifically flies to the gas tanks - BOOOM!!!!

...and the 'extra' scene at the very end with Morgan - genius! Looking forward to next week!
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    grr.......I switched over when the credits started

Morgan did seem to have gone a bit crazy when he reappeared in that episode where Rick, Michonne and Carl were on a supplies run to Rick's home town ?
    Forum Member

Thanks for that koantemplation.
    It reactivated some dormant neuron paths in my brain!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Morgan did seem to have gone a bit crazy when he reappeared in that episode where Rick, Michonne and Carl were on a supplies run to Rick's home town ?
    if you can see the corresponding Talking Dead ep there is some interesting chat about Morgan's possible current state of mind. :)
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here is a linky to the end credits scene
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    Its on like six times tonight on Fox and then there is Fox +1

Carol is so badass!! She is like a one woman army!

I think Eugene may be talking crap.

The end was nice aww

Phew thought I was the only one amazed at how they simply accept that Eugene does have a 'cure'/knows what is going on.
    I think he has just spun a lie and now cannot retract as he gets protected as being the 'saviour'
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if the blond guy over the trough was the boy from the episode Carol got banished in, was it Ricks watch she picked up from the table?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    here is a linky to the end credits scene

cheers !

:)
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    ...agreed - at least they are now not them blimmin' JOOP Homme ads - they were annoying as hell!!!! >:(

What an awsome opening episode! I even convinced my wife to watch it (she hasn't watched ANY of the previous seasons OR episodes!) and even she liked it!

I was a little surprised that with the so many weeks build up to Terminus as a 'sanctuary', Rick and his team managed to dispatch the whole compound in one single episode!!

The scene where they were smacking the prisoner's heads with a baseball bat, before slitting their throats and allowing the blood to drain away was awsome!!! Boy, was Glen LUCKY!!!:o:o

Gotta hand it to Carol as well, she has AWSOME aim with fireworks - light the fuse and it specifically flies to the gas tanks - BOOOM!!!!

...and the 'extra' scene at the very end with Morgan - genius! Looking forward to next week!

I can suspend my disbelief for Zombies but that firework scene was just purely taking the p%$£ .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you're being picky the slaughter scene at the beginning was a tad unrealistic as they would have had the victims hanging by their feet if they wanted to drain the blood

But then of course it would have been a bit more difficult for our guys to escape
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The line-up order for the throat bleed was a little convenient !

Just have to say Daryl & Carol: awwwwwwwwww.......................................................

We did have to pause the programme at that point to have a debate about just how they were going to get out of that one!
  • StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you're being picky the slaughter scene at the beginning was a tad unrealistic as they would have had the victims hanging by their feet if they wanted to drain the blood

But then of course it would have been a bit more difficult for our guys to escape

Maybe they didn't know the correct procedure? Or maybe there was a ritualistic element to it - would tie in with the candles.

Plus, I doubt they were going for Kosher levels of blood draining......
    Forum Member
    Maybe they didn't know the correct procedure? Or maybe there was a ritualistic element to it - would tie in with the candles.

Nice Juicy Human Steaks ...... mmmm ..... lovely!
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I mentioned a page or two back that seeing as the Terminus residents only started killing strangers after they themselves were attacked, the idea they were practicing cannibalism may have been a red herring and they were just killing (and robbing, of course). After all, if they were coping just fine, food wise, before they were attacked, why should that in itself turn them all into raging cannibals? The draining of blood may just have been to make the disposal cleaner. True, we saw bodies being dissected and body parts hung up, but there was no real suggestion or evidence or hint from anyone that they were eating human flesh.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    gashead wrote: »
    I mentioned a page or two back that seeing as the Terminus residents only started killing strangers after they themselves were attacked, the idea they were practicing cannibalism may have been a red herring and they were just killing (and robbing, of course). After all, if they were coping just fine, food wise, before they were attacked, why should that in itself turn them all into raging cannibals? The draining of blood may just have been to make the disposal cleaner. True, we saw bodies being dissected and body parts hung up, but there was no real suggestion or evidence or hint from anyone that they were eating human flesh.

...what about the 'human' bbq scene from the end of last season?! There would have been no reliable source of meat anywhere so it is assumed that the 'burgers' she was flipping on that bbq, were from humans!! :o