Options

Best business broadband package? Plus able to line bond?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
Forum Member
Hi everyone.

Had a quick look about online and from the looks of things Zen seem to offer a good deal for unlimited data on 76Mbit fibre

Fibre isn't in the area I'm looking to have it installed in until May so not sure if they'll be present in the exchange then.

I'm wondering what the best business broadband deals are out there that give reliable and constant speeds that are as high as possible?

Line bonding would also be something we'd be interested in.

We can do this in software with 2 different providers (as we do currently with 2 ADSL2+ providers to get around 30Mbit down) however if the company offered dual lines so that we could get a theoretical 150Mbit down 40Mbit up that would be fan-bloody-tastic!

Price would be nice lower, but I know that you get what you pay for and sometimes it's worth spending a bit more cash to get a much better level of service.

Comments

• Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DD_nVidia wrote: »
    Line bonding would also be something we'd be interested in.

We can do this in software with 2 different providers (as we do currently with 2 ADSL2+ providers to get around 30Mbit down) however if the company offered dual lines so that we could get a theoretical 150Mbit down 40Mbit up that would be fan-bloody-tastic!

This is what I used to have with Andrews & Arnold on two Be backhaul lines when I lived in a non-fibre area. It worked perfectly with their Firebrick router including upload bonding (I got about 3.5 Mbps). It was rather expensive though.
  • Options
    lonewallerlonewaller Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DD_nVidia wrote: »
    Hi everyone.

Fibre isn't in the area I'm looking to have it installed in until May so not sure if they'll be present in the exchange then.

As far as I'm aware Zen use BT's wholesale services so will be available as and when the exchange gets fibre. Their website should confirm this (or state what backhaul they use).

Brian
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,068
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »

I can't figure out how this works. Is it using pure fibre or HFC for the lower tiers? Do you have to be in a Virgin Media area? If doesn't say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Icaraa wrote: »
    I can't figure out how this works. Is it using pure fibre or HFC for the lower tiers? Do you have to be in a Virgin Media area? If doesn't say.

Its FTTP and you don't need to be in a Virgin Media domestic cable area.

Price wise, around 12k to 15k per year gets you 100/100 unlimited service. around 25k gets you 1000/1000 (all prices + VAT and installation).

there are other business suppliers who resell VM and BT fibre who do better deals, I've seen prices starting at £500 a month for 100/100mb and potentially less for a 50/50 service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its FTTP and you don't need to be in a Virgin Media domestic cable area.

Price wise, around 12k to 15k per year gets you 100/100 unlimited service. around 25k gets you 1000/1000 (all prices + VAT and installation).

there are other business suppliers who resell VM and BT fibre who do better deals, I've seen prices starting at £500 a month for 100/100mb and potentially less for a 50/50 service.

So if you're not in a VM area it would have to use BT fibre anyway and then connect into the VM network at the first available point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if you're not in a VM area it would have to use BT fibre anyway and then connect into the VM network at the first available point.

Whoever you go with will manage the contracts with the carriers regardless of who owns the physical cable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whoever you go with will manage the contracts with the carriers regardless of who owns the physical cable.

Yeah but in the majority of cases the owner of the physical cable will be BT. Suppose it is irrelevant though to the OP. Just interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but in the majority of cases the owner of the physical cable will be BT. Suppose it is irrelevant though to the OP. Just interesting.

In urban areas may well not be a case, We have 8 locations connected by Ethernet circuits all supplied by VM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In urban areas may well not be a case, We have 8 locations connected by Ethernet circuits all supplied by VM.

Oh yeah I know, in VM areas. But VM only cover 50% of the UK population with their ducting. Vodafone (was Cable & Wireless) have a decent network but it's mostly on industrial estates. BT are the only ones with a truly widespread network.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah I know, in VM areas. But VM only cover 50% of the UK population with their ducting. Vodafone (was Cable & Wireless) have a decent network but it's mostly on industrial estates. BT are the only ones with a truly widespread network.

VM cover a majority of commercial property.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    No VM in that area sorry.

Leased line is too expensive. Like i said we're not looking for the cheapest, however we'd like to keep it within the realms of realistic.

£100 a month would be our max budget to be honest.

Our main requirements within that are - High Reliability, Speed, whilst line aggregation would be ideal.