Options

Why does everybody hate Alexandra Burke?

SuperbassSuperbass Posts: 960
Forum Member
✭✭
I've been seeing a lot of hate for her, last night (or the night before?) she was on Celebrity Juice and there was tons of hate for her on Twitter. Why? Why is she so dislikeable?

[news]Alexandra Burke: 'People think I'm a bitch'[/news]

Comments

• Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Do you mean UNlikeable? And I didnt know she was. Ive seen a couple of threads crop up on here now asking why she is so hated, but havent actually seen much evidence of hate directed at her - no more than most other female celebs get, some people like her and some dont.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    She's a very talented, wealthy, successful confident woman. = Hate. People mistake this for arrogance, but it isn't. She's never mentioned her vocals (strength etc) or her range or versatility as an act, she never talks about her sales or finances ever. People think she's an idiot, but actually she's very smart. Just bubbly that's all. She keeps her actual affairs very very private, unlike some stars.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm genuinely baffled by this apparent wave of dislike for her also. Have I missed something? :confused:
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really have much of an opinion on her to be honest. I'm not a fan of her music, but that is because its just not my kind of style.

I'm guessing self-confident, black woman just rubs people the wrong way. The Brits like their famous people to be quite meek and grateful.
  • Options
    LostIslands_LostIslands_ Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's from X Factor.

I do think hate is a bit strong though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't really have much of an opinion on her to be honest. I'm not a fan of her music, but that is because its just not my kind of style.

I'm guessing self-confident, black woman just rubs people the wrong way. The Brits like their famous people to be quite meek and grateful.

Case in point: https://twitter.com/#!/KatieWeasel/status/180669842184089600/photo/1 It's not just banter it's really horrible. How do these awful people sleep at night. If I were her, I'd be so depressed. Must be the reason she's always happy. Keeps her sane.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    >> Bad girl <<
    A bigger Burke than we thought

So much for Alexandra Burke being
    the selfless humanitarian she claimed
    to be in her Huffington Post article
    last week. The day after it was
    published she was due to serve fish
    and chips to the homeless at the
    Golden Union in Soho but pulled out
    at the last minute - leaving good old
    Rachel Stevens to pick up her slack.

Still, at least Alexandra was right
    about one thing in that article. She
    isn't one of those celebs who turn up
    to charitable events just to have her
    photo taken and then leave again.

She just doesn't turn up.

I went off her a bit when I read the above but it may not be true I suppose
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    >> Total Burke <<
    Charity begins at home

Isn't it annoying when celebrities
    twist on about the charitable work
    they do? Alexandra Burke seems to
    think so. In a Huffington Post piece
    she authored early this week she said:
    "To Joe Public it can become a little
    bit tiresome when celebrities can be
    seen to wax lyrical about all 'the
    good' they are doing..."

Surprisingly, she then went on to talk
    in detail about all the good that she
    has done for three different charities
    (two in Uganda dealing with domestic
    violence and pre-teen drug abuse; one
    in the UK for child homelessness).

And how does she wrap this article on
    her altruistic work? "I can't wait to
    dedicate some more of my time to the
    above after I finish promotion for my
    new single Elephant featuring Erick
    Morillo, which is coming out on 11 March."
    and this the week before!!!
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whatever54 wrote: »

I went off her a bit when I read the above but it may not be true I suppose

She went to Haiti for weeks to help out with the Earthquake victims and took part in the charity mountain climb thing too....it's not like she doesn't do charity work....plus she's always campaigning for transplant patients etc...

I think this hate is disgusting....it's almost like they're using her as a punchbag for their frustrations....I mean WHAT has she done that is soooo terrible that she deserves death threats and people calling her a man/wanting to shoot her point blank dead?

She can be slightly annoying I see that, but it's excitable annoying not rude annoying or bitchy annoying...people on Twitter are acting like she's killed all their parents....just dreadful tbh. :(:yawn:
  • Options
    tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a karaoke singer.
    Her music is awful and she comes across as up her own a**e.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find a lot of the twitter remarks about Alex really offensive, and so unwarranted. I sometimes wonder about the sanity of some of these people.
    I know a lot of artists get hate tweets etc, but this seems to be way over the top.
    Yes, Alex is excitable, is that a crime? don't think so, and to have death tweets is beyond the pale.
    All I can say is these people must have sad lives. Regardless of whether a person likes Alex's music or not is not the issue, surely we should be celebrating that we have another great singer from UK. Her acoustic vids are excellent, really shows her vocals well.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm genuinely baffled by this apparent wave of dislike for her also. Have I missed something? :confused:

I'm bemused as well. I don't see anything wrong with her at all. She's a bit loud and excitable but so what?

Tbh, the *hate* has passed me by, maybe because I don't do twitter. I've never heard anyone in the real world express a bad opinion about her.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan at all, but that stuff slagging her off on Twitter is really vile.

:p
  • Options
    ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Case in point: https://twitter.com/#!/KatieWeasel/status/180669842184089600/photo/1 It's not just banter it's really horrible. How do these awful people sleep at night. If I were her, I'd be so depressed. Must be the reason she's always happy. Keeps her sane.

I stopped following that user after they posted that pic. Not funny in the slightest.
  • Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she looks like John Fashanu in a wig.
  • Options
    Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand it either - personally she seems lovely and I love her voice!
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it either? Her music is not my cup of tea, but I've always prefered her over Leona Lewis who I find quite dull and bland really.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See Misha Bryan threads Xfactor
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched her on CJ last night and i don't really know why but i think she's awful.
  • Options
    ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her very fake and conceited she was talking on daybreak the other day about her new single Elephant they asked her what the title was about..she said people over here wont have heard of a saying "elephant in the room" so I plan on bringing it the UK for my fans to be able to use.

Forgive me MS Burke but you are not the only person to use this phrase..I dont like her.
  • Options
    Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ppaupy wrote: »
    I find her very fake and conceited she was talking on daybreak the other day about her new single Elephant they asked her what the title was about..she said people over here wont have heard of a saying "elephant in the room" so I plan on bringing it the UK for my fans to be able to use.

Forgive me MS Burke but you are not the only person to use this phrase..I dont like her.

What? :confused:

How downright patronising. She must think people in the UK are stupid. It's a bloody awful song anyway.
  • Options
    rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind her, but she is like a hyperactive child at times. I wish she would calm down, and say less. I guess good pr is a must. She is talented and confident, but her interview skills let her down. Celebrity juice she seemed like a child who too much addictives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ppaupy wrote: »

She isn't wrong but most young people haven't heard of the phrase. Check the youtube page, people are questioning it all the time and have no idea what it means, it is a very american phrase.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Alexandra's alright. I can't imagine why any rational person would think she's a bitch for.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't hate her, but did find her quite annoying on Celebrity Juice. Can't put my finger on it.