Options

Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 12)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
Administrator
Reo wrote: »
That's one of the things I am not looking forward to, Mercedes reaction.. Could they have made the two friends knowing that this was coming and would cause Mercedes to flip out even more?
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1629416

Comments

• Options
      TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
      Forum Member
      JoToBo wrote: »
      I agree. Clearly not enough men and too many slutty women in HO :D . Don't forget the one night stand Riley had with Ash and I daren't even go with how many men the McQueen girls have shared. Even Myra isn't above a quickie. The programme is becoming a sex fest and it is becoming a little tedious.

You'd think that'd have men come flying in to get on the show. If I was into acting Hollyoaks would be the first place to go. I wouldn't have to go too far for any filming either. :p

I haven't read any spoilers regarding Riley and Lynsey but it should happen. Mitzeee needs someone a bit more exciting. Whereas Lynsey is one of the unluckiest characters there is. Her suffering through the Silas storyline was quickly followed by her problems with the male doctor and the worst of all, much worse than getting tormented by Silas, she becomes friends with Mercedes!

She deserves some happiness and she doesn't need an exciting relationship to work, unlike Mitzeee.

With Riley and Mitzeee I think the main thing putting viewers off is their relations...but for the sake of a good story and pairing I'd be willing to forget they're cousins or 2nd cousins or whatever she decides she is.

Regarding Reo's last post in the other thread:

It's possible that's why they made Mercedes and Lynsey friends. You know Hollyoaks love Mercedes moaning and whinging almost as much as the teens, and this will give them the moaning they need.
    • Options
      Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭
      My opinion on the Mitzeee/Riley thing. I didn't like it in Later and I still don't now. There's something about it which just doesn't seem right. It's not like Rhys and Bth (I think it was?) when they didn't know they were brother/sister. Riley and Mitzeee know they are related and it's just wrong and not in a good way.

And as already pointed out Riley is more than a little annoyed with Mercedes for having an affair with his dad, but so has Mitzeee (although not dating Riley at the same time, but still).

But it's like when there any two characters are put in to a friendship and it works there is always the majority of people that go "They should get together. They should be a couple." No they shouldn't, They work as friends (or in Riley's case family) not as a couple. Something that quite irritates me everytime there is a new friendship that really works.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
      Forum Member
      TheMunch wrote: »
      You'd think that'd have men come flying in to get on the show. If I was into acting Hollyoaks would be the first place to go. I wouldn't have to go too far for any filming either. :p

I haven't read any spoilers regarding Riley and Lynsey but it should happen. Mitzeee needs someone a bit more exciting. Whereas Lynsey is one of the unluckiest characters there is. Her suffering through the Silas storyline was quickly followed by her problems with the male doctor and the worst of all, much worse than getting tormented by Silas, she becomes friends with Mercedes!

She deserves some happiness and she doesn't need an exciting relationship to work, unlike Mitzeee.

With Riley and Mitzeee I think the main thing putting viewers off is their relations...but for the sake of a good story and pairing I'd be willing to forget they're cousins or 2nd cousins or whatever she decides she is.

Regarding Reo's last post in the other thread:

It's possible that's why they made Mercedes and Lynsey friends. You know Hollyoaks love Mercedes moaning and whinging almost as much as the teens, and this will give them the moaning they need.

I agree that Lynsey should be put in a relationship but I think she's much better suited to Doug, they've been through so much together and I think they'd make the perfect couple. Plus, I'm a little bit in love with Doug and I like Lynsey so I'll allow to two to be together lol
    • Options
      ReoReo Posts: 8,664
      Forum Member
      Dare Devil wrote: »
      But it's like when there any two characters are put in to a friendship and it works there is always the majority of people that go "They should get together. They should be a couple." No they shouldn't, They work as friends (or in Riley's case family) not as a couple. Something that quite irritates me everytime there is a new friendship that really works.

Before I wouldn't have thought about them putting Mitzeee and Riley together, I liked their close friendship, but during later something happened between them and I saw a lot of chemistry, it just seemed like it was going to happen. They have had a couple of really close scenes.
    • Options
      Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Gnatalie wrote: »
      I agree that Lynsey should be put in a relationship but I think she's much better suited to Doug, they've been through so much together and I think they'd make the perfect couple. Plus, I'm a little bit in love with Doug and I like Lynsey so I'll allow to two to be together lol

I think the Lynsey/Doug ship has sailed. Stupidly they've had no interaction since the suicide episode and never spoke of the Silas thing. They were even in the pub together at one point and didn't even acknowledge eachother. I just feel there is nothing there now and it's too late to get them together. Silly Hollyoaks.
    • Options
      RainRain Posts: 9,688
      Forum Member
      Sifter22 wrote: »
      I think the Lynsey/Doug ship has sailed. Stupidly they've had no interaction since the suicide episode and never spoke of the Silas thing. They were even in the pub together at one point and didn't even acknowledge eachother. I just feel there is nothing there now and it's too late to get them together. Silly Hollyoaks.

I'd of thought the same could be said about Lynsey and Riley.

Why reignite the spark with Mitzeee and then throw Lynsey back there.
    • Options
      Sifter22Sifter22 Posts: 12,057
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Rain wrote: »

I agree with that too. I've not seen the spoilers of this though, so don't know how it comes about or anything. Lynsey just seems to appear out of thin air in random places at the moment, it's pretty annoying. She's become one of ES floating spare parts, IMHO she's a lot better than that. Save the teens for spare parts rather than angsty plothole filled storylines that dominate the show.
    • Options
      victoria1961victoria1961 Posts: 154
      Forum Member
      I don't want to see Mitzeee and Riley together. He's too boring for her. She wants glamour and fame. He's not even making the first team at Leeds. They will probably terminate his contract.

Mitzeee was much more fun being a gold digger. She's just an unpaid nanny at the moment - boooring!
    • Options
      mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
      Forum Member
      Before I wouldn't have thought about them putting Mitzeee and Riley together, I liked their close friendship, but during later something happened between them and I saw a lot of chemistry, it just seemed like it was going to happen. They have had a couple of really close scenes.

That's how I feel. I didn't even consider it until the Later episodes and it just worked for me. That's why I'd be happy to explore it now.

I didn't enjoy Mitzeee and Warren and out of the existing male cast, Riley would be the only one I'd be interested in seeing her with for now. I don't see why this has to make her boring. It could be interesting if they struggle against pursuing it because they think it'd harm their careers.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Rain wrote: »

I suspect it is to put to bed (no pun intended) the chemistry between Riley and Mitzeee from the Later episodes and to spark a response from Mercedes for the pure fun of watching the McQueens do what they do best together, divide, fall and stand up for each other all at the same time.
    • Options
      ReoReo Posts: 8,664
      Forum Member
      I don't get why they only have Doug show up in Riley's life only on special occasions, can't they ever show the two hanging out on normal days?

Mercedes thinks Mitzeee stole her life... It's a shame that Mercedes threw that life away by sleeping with the father of the man she apparently loves and shows no interest in Bobby.. So really the life that Mitzeee 'stole' is fame and a man (any man) to support her.

And what is Michaela wearing? And why wont she shut up?!
    • Options
      TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
      Forum Member
      Mitzeee...stole Mercedes' life? To Mercedes, Mitzeee kissed Riley. So in her eyes she kissed a guy who wants nothing to do with her. Yes, Mercy, that really is life wrecking.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I've only been paying limited attention to it, more like background noise, but as I looked up I saw what I can only describe as a real gem

Ally shocked/confused face

genius ...

:D:D:D
    • Options
      LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      iShum wrote: »
      I've only been paying limited attention to it, more like background noise, but as I looked up I saw what I can only describe as a real gem

genius ...

Different from his ordinary one, is it? ;)
    • Options
      RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      RIley & Mitzee kissed that was so sweet :) i can't help but feel sorry for mercedes though :o:( I hope Jacqui find Pheobe then RIPS her head off :rolleyes:
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Different from his ordinary one, is it? ;)

I can see he must be a breeze to direct

"okay, and shocked.... no shocked... okay try confused... no okay just make your eyes wider... yeah that'll do"
    • Options
      mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
      Forum Member
      I enjoyed that episode.

Can't help but wish more bad things to happen to Mercedes! :o. Loved the Riley and Mitzeee stuff. Their conversation at the end was lovely.

Ally's a miserable git isn't he? I'm struggling to see his purpose, except his inability to look after Terry! :D
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I don't get why they only have Doug show up in Riley's life only on special occasions, can't they ever show the two hanging out on normal days?

Mercedes thinks Mitzeee stole her life... It's a shame that Mercedes threw that life away by sleeping with the father of the man she apparently loves and shows no interest in Bobby.. So really the life that Mitzeee 'stole' is fame and a man (any man) to support her.

I agree here, it was good to see Riley and Doug together again, but Doug's appearance today seemed to spring out of nowhere and he virtually said nothing. They could've had at least one good scene between the two at the christening, but alas this was not to be.

Also, although I do like Phoebe, I really hope Jacqui gets her claws into her for stealing Terry. Just about as ungrateful as you can be really
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
      Forum Member
      ✭✭

BIB I didn't get that and they weren't kissing in that photo either

genius ...

That was a bit of a meh episode again, I hope Jacqui kills Pheobe when she finds her, stealing terry is not on, what a way to make us hate a character. I am sorry I don't find Dennis funny just annoying
    • Options
      LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I can see he must be a breeze to direct

"okay, and shocked.... no shocked... okay try confused... no okay just make your eyes wider... yeah that'll do"

I was moved. ;)

God, it's him in Neighbours all over again. :o
    • Options
      cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
      Forum Member
      I didn't mind tonight, it was Ok. I can't stand Mercedes, totally over her, but Riley and Mitzeee together works for me, even if it's just a temporary thing, because they need each other.

Dennis makes me laugh but still waiting for him to do something that doesn't involve trying to chat someone up in the SU. That girl seemed nice.

Ally is absolutely useless, in every way. He's more boring and character-free than Jodie, and more wooden. What is the point of him? :sleep:
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I was moved. ;)

God, it's him in Neighbours all over again. :o

I was going to make a BAFTA worthy joke but just couldn't bring myself to do it

what the hell happens at these casting calls? Do the actors just take their tops off and they base it on that? Cos one of them must have had a real thing for nipple piercings to give him the job :rolleyes:
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I thought the last few moments of the Mitzeee Riley bit was very touching and tbh, earlier on I would have thought - great !!!. Now I'm not so sure. Spoilers are a wonderful thing, but we know were this is going, - well maybe.

Jacqui is becoming very much an all mouth and no trousers character as her persona resembles Mother Theresa more with every episode. I prefer the fiesty Jacqui. I want her to do real harm to Pheobe but I doubt she will and I don't understand why. The old Jacqui would have done for her and there is nothing in Jacquis' background for her to relate to were Pheobe is now. So it doesn't make sense.
    • Options
      ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      JoToBo wrote: »
      I thought the last few moments of the Mitzeee Riley bit was very touching and tbh, earlier on I would have thought - great !!!. Now I'm not so sure. Spoilers are a wonderful thing, but we know were this is going, - well maybe.

Jacqui is becoming very much an all mouth and no trousers character as her persona resembles Mother Theresa more with every episode. I prefer the fiesty Jacqui. I want her to do real harm to Pheobe but I doubt she will and I don't understand why. The old Jacqui would have done for her and there is nothing in Jacquis' background for her to relate to were Pheobe is now. So it doesn't make sense.

It would make more sense if Jacqui knew she had been abused at Deena's but since she doesn't know it is just stupid.
    • Options
      lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
      Forum Member
      Yet another boring episode, this time with no redeeming features. I may well die of boredom before Brendan reappears.
    This discussion has been closed.