Madonna is looking her age ! Time to retire love ?

13»

Comments

• poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casual wrote: »
    Hahaha :D That bitchy old queen. Still, he does have a point.

By the way, you've messed up the link like you did in your OP

I'm not very good at doing links :o thats why I put Eltons quote in.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    poppy10 wrote: »
    OMG I was reading an article about Madonna in Philadelphia and couldn't get over how old she looks in the pictures. :eek:

http://http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4511171/Madonnas-son-is-a-Rocco-n-roll-star.html

I loved Madonna back in the day, but think its time for her to hang up her corsets ! and she should stop flashing !! :o Time to retire. What do you think ?

Yes, that's good advice.

Madonna should retire from earning tens of millions every year.

She should totally do that.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks :) for posting link. She should retire not just because she is looking haggered and waxed, but also because she is past her sell buy date ! Any Madonna fans feel free to go mad with me. However that is my view and i am sticking by it !

I'm not a fan, but I don't dislike her either. She has made some amazing records in her time. Don't see why she should retire to be honest....she clearly isn't past her sell-by date, because she is still selling stuff!

I'm more shocked by how old Rocco is than how Madonna looks!! Doesn't time fly?! :D
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG I was reading an article about Madonna in Philadelphia and couldn't get over how old she looks in the pictures. :eek:

http://http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/4511171/Madonnas-son-is-a-Rocco-n-roll-star.html

I loved Madonna back in the day, but think its time for her to hang up her corsets ! and she should stop flashing !! :o Time to retire. What do you think ?

Ageism raises its ugly head :mad:
  • LucylashesLucylashes Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I say she's hideous I'm not being ageist - I love all the old rockers people have mentioned but Madonna is so deluded. She is 54 or whatever and if she put her mind to it she could look really cool and edgy but instead is fixated on trying to pretend she is a young nubile girl...and it's degrading if you ask me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can do what the F**k she likes. Who said you have to stop doing things at a certain age. She's broken down barriers for years. She looks better than some pop stars half her age.

If someone told Dolly Parton or Cher to retire because they were old theyd hit you round your head with their handbag.

Madonna is in the middle of what maybe the highest grossing tour of all time. Puts the story to bed really.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    Ageism raises its ugly head :mad:

I'd take a punt at Joan Collins sooner than I would Madonna even though she is much older if only because she looks like a woman with obvious femininity and doesn't have the musculature reminiscent of a flayed racehorse.

As for retiring, she can sing and dance as long as she likes as far as I am concerned, I just don't see why she needs to do it in corsets, lycra leotards and thigh high boots while flashing her baps rather than slightly more appropriate clothing so I can't see the blue veins on her abs popping out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why on earth should she retire.... I am sure that will continue to mime to a complete, autotuned karaoke track as any pub-goer would do on a wet and dreery saturday night when they have indulled with an excess of alcohol, each one believing that they are the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she should have to retire, but as others have said, tone it down a bit.

One thing I can't stand is her need to open her legs constantly in vids to show off her crotch, sometimes in a leotard. Any need, seriously?
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I take it when you age you will withdraw inside your house and retire to save the public seeing you get older as we all do ?
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that sometimes artists can go on too long and don't realise that they are no longer doing themselves justice, but I highly doubt Madonna is anywhere near that point yet.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This whole thing makes me go urgh. She's not even at retirement age. You shouldn't let how someone looks cloud your judgement; she's just as fit and able to do her shows as she was 20 years ago, and to be honest, if I'm as fit healthy, and in as good a shape as her when I reach her age I'd think it some sort of miracle. So now, she shouldn't retire. As long as she keeps pumping out great music and putting on world class shows, I will keep giving her my money. Maybe people should change their judgements where age is concerned rather than expecting every performer who reaches the age of 40 to retire.
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd take a punt at Joan Collins sooner than I would Madonna even though she is much older if only because she looks like a woman with obvious femininity and doesn't have the musculature reminiscent of a flayed racehorse.

As for retiring, she can sing and dance as long as she likes as far as I am concerned, I just don't see why she needs to do it in corsets, lycra leotards and thigh high boots while flashing her baps rather than slightly more appropriate clothing so I can't see the blue veins on her abs popping out.

But you would have had no problems 25 years ago I guess? She's just trying to show that people shouldn't be judged for their age. You can't tell someone to suddenly change what they wear because of the age they have reached. It's degrading to them and you'd find it degrading if someone did it to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucylashes wrote: »
    When I say she's hideous I'm not being ageist - I love all the old rockers people have mentioned but Madonna is so deluded. She is 54 or whatever and if she put her mind to it she could look really cool and edgy but instead is fixated on trying to pretend she is a young nubile girl...and it's degrading if you ask me.

Can I just say I agree with everything you have said. :) You put it so much better than me.
  • OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piipp wrote: »
    But you would have had no problems 25 years ago I guess? She's just trying to show that people shouldn't be judged for their age. You can't tell someone to suddenly change what they wear because of the age they have reached. It's degrading to them and you'd find it degrading if someone did it to you.

If I am wandering around in a thong when I am in my 50s, I'd hope my young self would get in a time machine and kick my own butt. If her aim is not to be judged for her age, she's failing.

And yes, they do. I doubt it makes Rocco Ciccone day to have people say "I've seen your mom's boobs on Youtube!" I don't want to see an 80 year old in a bikini and if they want to wear those clothes, I'd hope they'd do so in the privacy of their own home. I have nightmares regularly enough without thinking the old woman from The Shining bathtub scene has escaped into reality and my local leisure centre pool.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why should Madonna retire? Personally I think she is a long way past her best but if she wants to carry on, that's her choice.

I do agree that she should wear more flattering clothing now and not flash all her bits at us. Its not very dignified when you are over 50.
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes she does look older, and that's because she is. In no way does that mean she should retire. She is an icon and the only problem is the lack of depth in her new material, which isn't even true for everything, seeing as Masterpiece from MDNA is absolutely amazing.

The OP is clearly ageist if he thinks being 54 equals unable to be a singer.
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think acting one's age is the most apt, no need for anyone to retire before their time.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP is clearly ageist if he thinks being 54 equals unable to be a singer.

I think it means being 54 and dressing like a teen and getting your saggy tits and arse out on stage make you look ridiculous.
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I think her latest songs are rubbish.
    If she wasn't a global icon still she would have been dropped.

I can't believe how much she's aged in since the Confession Tour 6 years ago.
    Her face looks haggard now.
  • Check it outCheck it out Posts: 1,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it means being 54 and dressing like a teen and getting your saggy tits and arse out on stage make you look ridiculous.

Well I read "time to retire" not reinvent herself.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As the OP I would like to agree with you.:) I can't believe people think i'm an ageist just because i think she should retire from getting her baps and crotch out when touring !