Options

Linda Nolan on Daybreak today @ 8.20 ish

Comments

• Options
    treetreetreetree Posts: 1,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly she's been coached by her PR team. It's far too late though, the damage has already been done.

Today was not the real Linda. The real Linda was the bitter woman we watched for three weeks on Big Brother. The real Linda is the bitter woman we saw during her eviction interview and on BBBOTS. She made it quite clear how much she loathed Jim.

She is fooling nobody. I see she still managed to get a wee snide dig in at Jim, claiming he's playing a game whereas she wasn't. What this confirms is that the real Linda is a nasty piece of work. What we saw in the house was her being herself.

The woman is poisonous, truly vile.

AGREE that was a coaching damage limitation job, she blew all her chances of getting any decent work after coming out the house and she been told her treatment of Jim has hopefully won it for him and only served to make her look bad and she needed to repair or go so way to repairing it - and she had to do it through gritted teeth

shes a nasty piece of work, who thought that the Nolans tactic of ailianating a house mate like her sister before would work

well im glad it didnt and im glad the GBP saw through her too
    and in time

JIM for the WIN :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    trebanos wrote: »
    It's a tough life, busking.

Hahahahahahahaha .. good one :D
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mz fit wrote: »
    So everyone allows that Dappy can change, Jim can change, Luisa can change, hundreds of BB contestants over the years can change...but Linda can't?

Linda clearly didn't change from being in the house to being on that sofa. She appeared to have rehearsed every word prior to being interviewed.

Not a nice person at all.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treetree wrote: »
    AGREE that was a coaching damage limitation job, she blew all her chances of getting any decent work after coming out the house and she been told her treatment of Jim has hopefully won it for him and only served to make her look bad and she needed to repair or go so way to repairing it - and she had to do it through gritted teeth

shes a nasty piece of work, who thought that the Nolans tactic of ailianating a house mate like her sister before would work

and in time

The HMs saw it too. In the Mutts Nuts, which is why they came out of there and started to change their tune towards him.
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treetree wrote: »

and in time

I couldn't have put it better myself and totally agree. And if Jim wins and some anti-Jim FMs say it was only because of Linda, then so what?

His victory will be even sweeter for him and his supporters knowing that Linda played a major part in ensuring it. :D

JIM to win.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GTR Davo wrote: »
    indeed! people on twitter get way OTT at times most people wouldn't care but Linda's not really a tough person I guess and people prob wished she died etc knowing twitter people

Well Davo, Im not on twitter so I'll take your word for it , but sadly there were a couple of on here yesterday that were recommeinding she head off to Beachy Head. :o:o:( What the hell is wrong with these people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    It's clear that some comments about her outshine anything she's ever said or done for sheer nastiness.

True. Well said. The hypocrisy is startling :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    moogester wrote: »
    Did I hear right? She said she didn't really know Jim, only through show business circles before CBB :o so where did the hate come from then? Either she's a liar or her 'game plan' was rubbish :D

I never believed she hated JD, they barely knew each other.

She went in to the house with a two pronged game plan.

Play Mother and goad Jim into losing his temper as he did on Hells Kitchen thus establishing herself as a poor widder victimised by an evil sexist. All very Panto:cool:

It could very easily have worked
  • Options
    trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Davo, not on twitter so I'll take your word for it , but sadly there were a cople of on here yesterday that were recommeinding she head off to Beachy Head. :o:o:( What the hell is wrong with these people.

We all know people like Linda. Never have a good word for anyone, never let others get a word in edgeways, etc, etc. We often can't tell them to take a hike. So when a cartoon character like Linda turns up on the telly, there's a tendence to say things about her you can't in real life.

(I'm available to BB as an instant 'ologist for the next CBB, I can't be any worse than the prats they've got now)
  • Options
    TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No damage limitation, coaching and her sitting all smiley on a sofa repeating a script can take away the proof on camera - in particular calling Jim the 'see you next Tuesday' word - so that's her trashed.

Put her on LW a few times and then she'll just be back in nowhere land. I take it the story of her resurrectiung her singing career is just a wind up:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This woman is pathetic!

Another opportunity for her to continue her campaign of hate again Jim.
    Well it's always nice when people announce in advance how very unobjective they are about to be.
    Clearly she's been coached by her PR team. It's far too late though, the damage has already been done.

Today was not the real Linda.
    Oh no! So you didn't get the ammunition you were longing for? How desperate you sound. It is so obvious that there was literally nothing on earth she could have said that would have elicited anything other than further name calling from you.
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    .....But what about the big secret that she was going to reveal.....the reason most people watched?
    On here it would seem that most people watched because they were suffering withdrawal symptoms and needed a new shot of Linda to stir up their reserves of venom, which were getting dangerously depleted.
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I still do not understand the point of her being on there.

If she wanted to show the nation that she was not the bitter and twisted person that she is, then why not show the footage of her having fun and smiling that she states that she did, rather than the clips of Jim and her fighting. Unless there was none.

:confused: How on earth would Linda have access to any footage?

And of course she was horribly edited. Even in the tiny bits of live feed, we saw quite a different Linda, one - gasp! - not talking about Jim, but nicely, sympathetically, likeably, to other housemates.

The frightening thing is that she is going to be singing again :o Good luck with that one :D

Why is that frightening? She is unlikely to turn up in your living room singing, I would have thought. Good luck to her.
  • Options
    trebanostrebanos Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elacurr wrote: »
    I never believed she hated JD, they barely knew each other.

She went in to the house with a two pronged game plan.

Play Mother and goad Jim into losing his temper as he did on Hells Kitchen thus establishing herself as a poor widder victimised by an evil sexist. All very Panto:cool:

It could very easily have worked

If her husband hadn't been a tealeaf !
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    viewer123 wrote: »
    Absolutely spot on, all the I know what Jim's like BS.

Her sister was exactly the same with Julie Goodyear, despite not having met her prior to CBB. If Jim had not been in the house, she would have used another HM to play the same game. I wonder if Jim had not been there, somebody else, if she would have used Lionel for the antagonist?

Anyway, she is out now and I hope she moves forward with her life in a more positive manner.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    Her sister was exactly the same with Julie Goodyear, despite not having met her prior to CBB. If Jim had not been in the house, she would have used another HM to play the same game. I wonder if Jim had not been there, somebody else, if she would have used Lionel for the antagonist?

No reason whatsoever to think that. No other housemate seems to have even had a cross word with her, other than Dappy, once.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »

Anyway, she is out now and I hope she moves forward with her life in a more positive manner.

Luisa would have fit the bill perfectly
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We all know people like Linda. Never have a good word for anyone, never let others get a word in edgeways, etc, etc. We often can't tell them to take a hike. So when a cartoon character like Linda turns up on the telly, there's a tendence to say things about her you can't in real life.

(I'm available to BB as an instant 'ologist for the next CBB, I can't be any worse than the prats they've got now)

What are you on about. :confused:This is a real human being. One cannot defend anyone telling her on twitter on on any media outlet to go commit suicide. It's indefensible imo. Je*us Christ the woman was on a tv show and has commited no heinous crime other than dislike Jim Davidson..who is suddenly been lauded as the next Messiah>:(
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Linda wasn't, and still isn't, specific about any supposed reasons for the Jim hatred. That left ample room for nasty speculations against Jim. Why is that ok?

Was it all just a gameplan? If so, a pretty nasty one.
  • Options
    bobbydbobbyd Posts: 3,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointed she / BB didn't clarify that self harm story earlier. Makes her look like she used it as a weapon - dangerous example to set.

Did she say what singing opportunities she has ? I thought she was great in Blood Bros. Surprised she didn't get a chance to do a performance in the Talent Show - maybe she asked not to, out of practice ?
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Well it's always nice when people announce in advance how very unobjective they are about to be.

Oh no! So you didn't get the ammunition you were longing for? How desperate you sound. It is so obvious that there was literally nothing on earth she could have said that would have elicited anything other than further name calling from you.

On here it would seem that most people watched because they were suffering withdrawal symptoms and needed a new shot of Linda to stir up their reserves of venom, which were getting dangerously depleted.

:confused: How on earth would Linda have access to any footage?

And of course she was horribly edited. Even in the tiny bits of live feed, we saw quite a different Linda, one - gasp! - not talking about Jim, but nicely, sympathetically, likeably, to other housemates.

Why is that frightening? She is unlikely to turn up in your living room singing, I would have thought. Good luck to her.

I just wish won key that your devotion towards Linda was directed towards someone worthy of it as you have defended her throughout some of the worst behavior ever seen on BB.

Excusing her won't help, it just makes her more determined to keep on being bitter, to lash out and make those around her unhappy.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I still do not understand the point of her being on there.

If she wanted to show the nation that she was not the bitter and twisted person that she is, then why not show the footage of her having fun and smiling that she states that she did, rather than the clips of Jim and her fighting. Unless there was none.

The frightening thing is that she is going to be singing again :o Good luck with that one :D

I do blame the editing on BB to a certain extent. They chose to only show us the Linda/Jim bickering etc., she wouldn't say she enjoyed her time in the house if she was miserable 24/7.

Saying all that, she will have to be careful what she says or alludes to in live interviews. Newpaper/magazines are just as bad as BB in their reporting so I take what's in them with a pinch of salt <very large pinch!!>.

All I can base my opinion on is the year Carole <STFU> was in normal BB. According to the hls and side shows she was this loving, motherly figure to everyone in the house. That was definitely a different woman to what people saw on LF.
  • Options
    HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched it and my god she really is milking this for the last drop.

Luisa is getting on better with Jim now because there is no Linda to drip poison in her ear.

The Mutts Nuts showed the HMs what a nasty bitter old boot she is.

This exactly, absolutely spot on!!!!

It's like a huge weight has been lifted off everyone's shoulders. Luisa and Ollie have admitted she had a negative influence over them. It's a much nicer atmosphere now, everyone is getting on great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This interview opens her up to legal problems over what she said about Jim and her younger sister.

A valid point. It adds even more weight to argument that today was her PR team speaking.

Just a few days ago she was making some serious allegations against Jim and showing a great deal of hatred towards him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a tough life, busking.

PMSL :D

God help the poor shoppers....
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    I just wish won key that your devotion towards Linda was directed towards someone worthy of it as you have defended her throughout some of the worst behavior ever seen on BB.

Excusing her won't help, it just makes her more determined to keep on being bitter, to lash out and make those around her unhappy.

I think it's comments like the one above that ensure someone will always defend Linda. There is such a huge disparity between what actually happened in the house and what FMs try and convince themselves happened that it's impossible not to say something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's comments like the one above that ensure someone will always defend Linda. There is such a huge disparity between what actually happened in the house and what FMs try and convince themselves happened that it's impossible not to say something.

Excellently put. Couldn't agree more...:)