Retentions Deals for 2014 - Current Deals for Existing Customers

Comments

• badcobadco Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Finally got round to chatting with VM. New 12 month contract paying same as before but with faster broadband! I'm happy with that!
  • razorramonrazorramon Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    jeez £75 ! :o ...you must be loaded mate, i bet that gets cut in half if you threaten to leave, they should be paying you for being such a loyal customers all these years...just goes to show that we are nothing to companies like this, not even a person, just a number ie your account number...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Just got M+ TV, 100mb bb, standard phone £21.00 for 18 months- im happy with that
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I've been with VM for at least five years now, and have made little or no change to my services until about a year ago when I had my overall bill changed and lowered after receiving offers from Sky through the post which were tempting.
    (The bill crept up after the offer expired, plus their extra price increase too)

I have:
    Multi Talk 1000
    Talk Unlimited Free Voicemail
    TV Size: X L
    1 Additional V Box
    V HD Monthly Fee
    TiVo Monthly Fee
    Broadband XL

The bundle charges for that are £75 a month, plus line rental of £15.99, and i'm splashing out £90.55 a month.

Last months bill was £99, partly due to the missus watching a film, and having a couple of extra 0845 numbers on the phone bill.

I made a quick call to them today, to test the water if you like, and it seems the guy I spoke to just wanted to Increase my Broadband from 60mb, to 152mb.
    That's no good to me.

Does anyone have any idea what I should really be paying for this type of package?
  • highnalhighnal Posts: 2,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question, I've been with VM for about 3 years now and currently paying £49 for:
    - 60mb broadband
    - TV M
    - Phone M

Not a exactly a great deal...

I'm about to move flats next month and wanted to get a similar package but with added TIVO and Sky Sports. What's the best route to the best deal? Go through retentions or cancel completely and start afresh with my partner's name to get new customer deals or go with Sky?

Thanks!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Steve_M77 wrote: »
    I've been with VM for at least five years now, and have made little or no change to my services until about a year ago when I had my overall bill changed and lowered after receiving offers from Sky through the post which were tempting.
    (The bill crept up after the offer expired, plus their extra price increase too)

I have:
    Multi Talk 1000
    Talk Unlimited Free Voicemail
    TV Size: X L
    1 Additional V Box
    V HD Monthly Fee
    TiVo Monthly Fee
    Broadband XL

The bundle charges for that are £75 a month, plus line rental of £15.99, and i'm splashing out £90.55 a month.

Last months bill was £99, partly due to the missus watching a film, and having a couple of extra 0845 numbers on the phone bill.

I made a quick call to them today, to test the water if you like, and it seems the guy I spoke to just wanted to Increase my Broadband from 60mb, to 152mb.
    That's no good to me.

Does anyone have any idea what I should really be paying for this type of package?

I'm getting
    Tv XL
    Sky sports
    Sky movies
    V+ hd 1tb
    Sky channels hd
    100mb broadband
    Talk unlimited + international
    Extra v+ box

All for £80 and reckon I could have gotten them even cheaper
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ponomis wrote: »
    I'm getting
    Tv XL
    Sky sports
    Sky movies
    V+ hd 1tb
    Sky channels hd
    100mb broadband
    Extra v+ box

...so why didn't you? Do you like paying more than you could?
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I'm getting
    Tv XL
    Sky sports
    Sky movies
    V+ hd 1tb
    Sky channels hd
    100mb broadband
    Extra v+ box

Does £80 include Line Rental?

If so that's an amazing deal, the Sky Premiums in HD are worth well over £40 alone, in fact even if you had to add Line Rental it's still great with Unlimited Calls :)

You'd wonder how they can make much profit from a deal like that but i'm sure they obviously must!
    Forum Member
    mersey70 wrote: »
    Does £80 include Line Rental?

If so that's an amazing deal, the Sky Premiums in HD are worth well over £40 alone, in fact even if you had to add Line Rental it's still great with Unlimited Calls :)

You'd wonder how they can make much profit from a deal like that but i'm sure they obviously must!

Yep, including line rental. I was all ready to switch to sky with their 50% off tv deal but that meant I had to sign up to a 18 month contract where it's only 12 month with virgin. Recovering from major knee op so sports and movies are important to me while I'm couch bound at the moment.

They kept saying I was a loyal customer when In Reality I've switched back and forth for the last 10 years with loyalty to no one.
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Yep, including line rental. I was all ready to switch to sky with their 50% off tv deal but that meant I had to sign up to a 18 month contract where it's only 12 month with virgin. Recovering from major knee op so sports and movies are important to me while I'm couch bound at the moment.

They kept saying I was a loyal customer when In Reality I've switched back and forth for the last 10 years with loyalty to no one.

That really is a fantastic deal, well done! :)
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it is about time they stopped calling this a Loyalty discount and gave it it's correct name, a Disloyalty discount.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    highnal wrote: »
    Quick question, I've been with VM for about 3 years now and currently paying £49 for:
    - 60mb broadband
    - TV M
    - Phone M

Not a exactly a great deal...

I'm about to move flats next month and wanted to get a similar package but with added TIVO and Sky Sports. What's the best route to the best deal? Go through retentions or cancel completely and start afresh with my partner's name to get new customer deals or go with Sky?

Thanks!
    Always cancel ... Resolutely turn down the first offer and wait a couple of weeks for their retentions team to call you with a knock down price. If you are going to barter them down further make sure you research what current deals are available for new and existing Sky / Virgin customers. Minimally you want to be paying a decent % less than new customer deals for loyalty.
    Forum Member
    Hi,

just phoned this morning to see if I could get a better price for the below package as my existing discount had ended.

Line Rental with talk unlimited
    TV XL
    Sky Sports and Movies
    30 Meg Broadband
    2 V+ Boxes
    1 HD (500 Meg)

£98.

Was pleasantly surprised to be told they could give me half price sky sports and movies for 6 months and upgrade my broadband to 150 meg. This would reduce my bill to £76 a month. Also the nice customer services rep said I could phone back at the end of that deal and see what they could offer

Thanks Martin:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Had:
    XL BB 60MB
    M Telephone
    XL TV Package
    2 * Tivo Boxes
    1 * Superhub 2

Paying £39.00 per month (paid advance line rental so should really be £55 per month)

Contract up this month, but was fortunate enough to grab the 25 months for £25 Sky deal, so the Virgin TV package is surplus to requirements.

Tried dropping TV completely but price was coming back at £36.44
    Was cheaper to keep 1 Tivo box with M package at £35.99

So:

XL BB 60MB (Soon to upgrade to 100MB in October)
    M Telephone (£144 line rental paid in advance)
    M Television
    1 * Tivo
    1 * Superhub 2

£20 per month

Plus my £25 per month for Sky+ (Full everything package for a further 21+ months)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can someone tell me what deal I could get if I phone up to get a better deal.

I pay £78 per month for the following.

1 tivo box 500gb
    1 hd box
    1 standard box
    60 meg broadband hub thingy
    Phone line is I think free mobile (100 mins) calls (to Virgin numbers)
    Xl tv pack

No sky sports or movies .

What could i get if I threatened to leave? I've been told by a friend that sky could offer me a similar deal but for about £68.

I might leave Virgin should I not get a better deal
  • Mel O'DramaticMel O'Dramatic Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so f*cking angry right now (scuse the language but I have steam coming out my ears).

I've been with VM since 2006. When I moved out of my former property in August 06, I was contacted by someone from VM via e-mail offering me a great deal for £37.99 a month including:

TV XL
    Tivo Box
    1 extra box for upstairs
    60mb BB
    landline

Fast forward to January this year and prices are going up for a variety of reasons but one of them being that it will now include Netflix. I already have Netflix, so I downgraded my BB to 30mb, and got them to take away the extra upstairs box. After some confusion with no-one really being 100% sure what my new monthly payment would be, I had to wait till my next bill and was happy to see it had gone down to £29.99.

I get my latest bill last Friday and see that as of the end of July, my bill will be going up to £54.99.

At no point during the many e-mails with the VM person when setting up the first contract back in August 2012, nor with the several people I spoke to in Jan/Feb this year, was I ever informed that these prices were for a limited period. I was led to believe that the original £37.99 was for life. I have all the e-mail correspondence and whilst I admit I didn't ask that specific question, nor is it in writing that the price would go up after x number of months.

After a fruitless phone call to customer services today, they won't budge an inch and say the only way for me to pay less is to downgrade even further. They say that £54.99 is the standard price for the package I'm on. They also claim I was informed that the low price would only be for x number of months, and that they have the notes on their system to that effect. I dispute this. Why would I have agreed to that only to end up paying more than I've ever done before? Makes no sense.

I feel completely let down as a long-standing customer. I need BB and am on the lowest one anyway, my landline is on the lowest tariff also, although I rarely use it so could get rid of it, and the TV could be downgraded to L but as all the channels I watch are not available on the lower packages, that's the lowest I can go.

Having done all that, apparently it would only take £4 off my bill according to the drone I spoke to earlier.

Sorry for the long post but I really needed to rant. I'm so tempted to phone and cancel and hope that they offer me something good, but I really want to stay with VM as I don't like Sky and do get a lot out of the TV package in particular. £54.99 is far too much in my opinion to pay though.
  • Fletch10Fletch10 Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    I'm so f*cking angry right now (scuse the language but I have steam coming out my ears).

I've been with VM since 2006. When I moved out of my former property in August 06, I was contacted by someone from VM via e-mail offering me a great deal for £37.99 a month including:

TV XL
    Tivo Box
    1 extra box for upstairs
    60mb BB
    landline

Fast forward to January this year and prices are going up for a variety of reasons but one of them being that it will now include Netflix. I already have Netflix, so I downgraded my BB to 30mb, and got them to take away the extra upstairs box. After some confusion with no-one really being 100% sure what my new monthly payment would be, I had to wait till my next bill and was happy to see it had gone down to £29.99.

I get my latest bill last Friday and see that as of the end of July, my bill will be going up to £54.99.

At no point during the many e-mails with the VM person when setting up the first contract back in August 2012, nor with the several people I spoke to in Jan/Feb this year, was I ever informed that these prices were for a limited period. I was led to believe that the original £37.99 was for life. I have all the e-mail correspondence and whilst I admit I didn't ask that specific question, nor is it in writing that the price would go up after x number of months.

After a fruitless phone call to customer services today, they won't budge an inch and say the only way for me to pay less is to downgrade even further. They say that £54.99 is the standard price for the package I'm on. They also claim I was informed that the low price would only be for x number of months, and that they have the notes on their system to that effect. I dispute this. Why would I have agreed to that only to end up paying more than I've ever done before? Makes no sense.

I feel completely let down as a long-standing customer. I need BB and am on the lowest one anyway, my landline is on the lowest tariff also, although I rarely use it so could get rid of it, and the TV could be downgraded to L but as all the channels I watch are not available on the lower packages, that's the lowest I can go.

Having done all that, apparently it would only take £4 off my bill according to the drone I spoke to earlier.

Sorry for the long post but I really needed to rant. I'm so tempted to phone and cancel and hope that they offer me something good, but I really want to stay with VM as I don't like Sky and do get a lot out of the TV package in particular. £54.99 is far too much in my opinion to pay though.

Phone 150, go through to the thinking of moving option and then thinking of leaving. It will put you through to retentions.

There they will offer you a better deal, most likely if you switch packages to one of these.

http://store.virginmedia.com/big-bundles.html?buspart=googlesearch

You would have to sign up to a new 12 month deal but if you don't want to leave Virgin Media that doesn't matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Fletch. I've had a look at those packages and I'd have to go for the Big Kahuna to get the TV channels I need. They may offer me a good deal for 12 months but what happens when that ends? It looks like I'd end up paying even more than they want from me now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should add that I've just been on to Sky and they can give me practically the identical package for £36.90, discounted to £26.15 for 12 months. The only difference is I wouldn't have as many movies, which I can live without. The only negative is I'd have to have a sky dish installed which I'm not keen on.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Fletch. I've had a look at those packages and I'd have to go for the Big Kahuna to get the TV channels I need. They may offer me a good deal for 12 months but what happens when that ends? It looks like I'd end up paying even more than they want from me now.

Phone them and ask, they do tend to state on the pdf bill how long any loyalty discounts last so you`ll know how much it will go up too, but in 12 months time you would be out of contract again and in a position to negotiate your package or move to a new package on offer etc.

If not, you can leave if you don't feel like you want to pay the price being quoted.

But your best bet is to go through to retentions and explain your situation and what you want to get.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I think you're right. It would have been so much simpler to have been able to find a compromise but they were so intransigent it's just made me more determined to fight them.

Easier for them too, to have compromised or met me half way without all this going through to retentions nonsense. Time consuming for me and them.

All I want is an agreed and reasonable price for life, and not to have to go back and forth playing these games.
    Forum Member
    Yes I think you're right. It would have been so much simpler to have been able to find a compromise but they were so intransigent it's just made me more determined to fight them.

Easier for them too, to have compromised or met me half way without all this going through to retentions nonsense. Time consuming for me and them.

All I want is an agreed and reasonable price for life, and not to have to go back and forth playing these games.

There's no such thing as a price for life. It's always down to you to make sure you are on the right deals and tariffs for Virgin Media and everything else really.
  • digiwigidigiwigi Posts: 1,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will retentions always call you on your landline? We don't plug ours in and I always call them on my mobile. I cancelled today and would expect to get a call in the coming days or weeks but should I call up and give them my mobile number or will they have logged the number I called them from when calling to disconnect?
  • Gavin_DGavin_D Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digiwigi wrote: »
    Will retentions always call you on your landline? We don't plug ours in and I always call them on my mobile. I cancelled today and would expect to get a call in the coming days or weeks but should I call up and give them my mobile number or will they have logged the number I called them from when calling to disconnect?

They will phone your landline if thats the only number they have registered with them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Just switched from 20/50Mb broadband, 170 TV channels, 500GB TiVo, and weekend phone to the Kahuna bundle (152Mb broadband, 235 TV channels, 500Gb TiVo and weekend phone) for £61/month.... ie just £4/month more.