Xbox One Community chat

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I got the update yesterday and the only difference I noticed (I didn't look for any) was when I pressed and held the Xbox button on the controller to shut down, the triggers rumbled.

Thank you! I realise I now have the update. :D I said it before but it would be nice to maybe be greeted with a changelog or something at first boot as I never know when I've got the new firmware or not unless something is blindingly obvious.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    do we have to wait for the update to the Bluray app or is it hiding somewhere already?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    It's in the Display and Sound settings, you have a choice to enable 3D.
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's in the Display and Sound settings, you have a choice to enable 3D.

already have done that but it still says the machine isnt capable of playing 3D Bluray
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As mentioned on the previous page (and in Major Nelson's post last week), you need an update to the Blu-ray app in addition to the actual system update.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    As mentioned on the previous page (and in Major Nelson's post last week), you need an update to the Blu-ray app in addition to the actual system update.

I also don't think all of the features the August update bring have been activated yet and I think 3D is one of them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3D support is in the system, as of the August preview's 1st build, but it still needs the BD app to be updated.

The main thing not yet enabled is the Friend tab on the Home screen - that's only going to be going to a subset of the preview audience.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody else find the triggers (LT,RT) a bit sensitive, I was playing some Destiny last night, just resting my fingers on the triggers and the slightest bit of pressure had me aiming.

Is it just me :D
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anybody else find the triggers (LT,RT) a bit sensitive, I was playing some Destiny last night, just resting my fingers on the triggers and the slightest bit of pressure had me aiming.

Is it just me :D

No, not just you. Was playing Wolfenstein the other day, just resting my finger on the trigger and let off a few rounds, alerting guards to my presence. Last controller update must have included a 'hair trigger' effect.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I ask this every few months but I always forget!

What is that code site again? :p
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »

The one that only accepts paypal?
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brb wrote: »

cdkeys.com
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Games with Gold for August have been revealed. Very disappointing games, imo.

Crimson Dragon and Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too bad, I don't have either game, plus it is 2 new games rather than one game being carried over for a 2nd month like max brotherhood. Xbox 360 gets - dishonored and moto cross madness.

http://majornelson.com/

Just means we wait another month for lococycle and fighter within:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Predictions were way off this month. Usually they are somewhat accurate, but the majority of sites were expecting this was the month for the first AAA titles. Black Flag (with the new one coming soon) and Zoo Tycoon were both "hot favourites", if you will. I think a lot of people will be disappointed with this.

Will be interesting to see what Sony pull out of the bag.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Really happy with those games. Glad they're doing two and not carrying one over.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pleased with those games as finally I don't own either of them so can benefit this month :p
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Pinball fx2 has been delayed for the Xbox one. The good news is that any one that has purchased tables on the 360 will now be able to play those tables on the new console when it releases next month.

This pleases me.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Pinball fx2 has been delayed for the Xbox one. The good news is that any one that has purchased tables on the 360 will now be able to play those tables on the new console when it releases next month.

This pleases me.

Excellent! Also gives me time to catch up on the last few tables I still haven't got.
  • Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »

This pleases me.
    gutted for the delay.......overjoyed by the last part :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wrong thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neverwinter has been confirmed as a F2P launch MMO for China. I hope we'll eventually get it here...
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,396
    Forum Member
    Question.
    Can a Non XB1 owner 'Buy' the XB1 Games with Gold games like you can with games for systems you don't own on PS+?

If you can then I will probably buy a gold subscription & grab the XB1 games so that I have a decent collection to play whenever I get an XB1.

And on that subject, Where's the best place to get a Gold subscription these days, Been a couple years since I last bothered getting one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Question.
    Can a Non XB1 owner 'Buy' the XB1 Games with Gold games like you can with games for systems you don't own on PS+?

If you can then I will probably buy a gold subscription & grab the XB1 games so that I have a decent collection to play whenever I get an XB1.

And on that subject, Where's the best place to get a Gold subscription these days, Been a couple years since I last bothered getting one?

AFAIK you just need Gold to be able to add them to your account - no need to actually have an Xbox One until you want to download them.

*But* - Unlike Games with Gold for Xbox 360, Games with Gold for Xbox One requires that you have an active Gold sub to play them as well as to download them, so you'd need to keep up the Gold sub when you get an Xbox One.

Good place for Gold (and Xbox credit):

http://www.cdkeys.com/

I always use them now, for Gold and Xbox Store credit. Like them on Facebook for an additional discount.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FYI Sky Now is finally on the Xbox One. :p

Now I just need Plex or something similar to easily stream content from my NAS and I can finally say the X1 is at the heart of my home cinema set-up.