Options

Champions League 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    I hope Sevilla can hold on to their best players for once. And Unai Emery.

Just seen Barzagli might miss the final through injury. Hopefully Juve's medics can pull out a miracle for 10 days' time.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love and fully respect Juve's defensive unit, they seem to relish defending, unlike so many other defenders in the modern game, but after seeing Barca tonight, I already feel so sorry for them!
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    bri160356 wrote: »
    :D:D

The final could certainly be interesting if Barça go behind and things get tense;

......the dental-Assassin may well relapse again,...... aim a few choice words at Evra......then go after Chiellini for ‘seconds’. :o

Chiellini off the menu;

....... torn calf muscle evidently. :(
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Barzagli's expected to be fit however, so if its a Bonucci-Barzagli pairing it might not be so bad.

Still expecting the inevitable Messi hatrick and 5-0 Barcelona victory though. Think most of us are to be fair.
  • Options
    bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    Barzagli's expected to be fit however, so if its a Bonucci-Barzagli pairing it might not be so bad.

Still expecting the inevitable Messi hatrick and 5-0 Barcelona victory though. Think most of us are to be fair.

I’ve got money on the ‘Vecchia Signora’; :o

....miracles can happen! ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No Chiellini and Ogbonna his likely replacement. Miracle required all right. Feel very sorry for Chiellini.
    Barca have had depleted opponents in la Liga (the wheels came off RM with Modric, James and Ramos injuries) and in the CL with Bayern with no Robben, Ribery etc. They're brilliant and lucky.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    No Chiellini and Ogbonna his likely replacement. Miracle required all right. Feel very sorry for Chiellini.
    Barca have had depleted opponents in la Liga (the wheels came off RM with Modric, James and Ramos injuries) and in the CL with Bayern with no Robben, Ribery etc. They're brilliant and lucky.

Barzagli is in the squad, if fit enough he'll start. Unless Allegri goes for three at the back I'd expect it to be Barzagli/Bonucci as the partnership. Big blow losing Chiellini but thankfully they have Barzagli back in time, just a matter of whether he's fully fit or not.

Still think it'll be a close game and nowhere near the slaughtering that some are saying. Fancy 2-1 to either actually. Easily Allegri's biggest test so far at Juventus, surprised me so far but will need to get his tactics spot on in this one.

Juve at 5-1 is very tempting. Fancy a Morata goal at some point too.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    Barzagli is in the squad, if fit enough he'll start. Unless Allegri goes for three at the back I'd expect it to be Barzagli/Bonucci as the partnership. Big blow losing Chiellini but thankfully they have Barzagli back in time, just a matter of whether he's fully fit or not.

Still think it'll be a close game and nowhere near the slaughtering that some are saying. Fancy 2-1 to either actually. Easily Allegri's biggest test so far at Juventus, surprised me so far but will need to get his tactics spot on in this one.

Juve at 5-1 is very tempting. Fancy a Morata goal at some point too.

3-1 to barca i think, as a big serie a fan i would not rule juve out even if they are inferior to inter milan;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    my heart says Juve but my head.......says Qatar Airways again. Xavi's last game has been talked about endlessly but it could be Pirlo's too.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my heart says Juve but my head.......says Qatar Airways again. Xavi's last game has been talked about endlessly but it could be Pirlo's too.

sounds quite bias? why not refer to juve as Fiat? also xavi has announced retirement, pirlo has not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Pirlo has said he 'might'. Of course I'm biased, I really like Juve and have since I had a great time watching them play in the mid 1980s. Yes, I'm that old.
    I hope Marchisio plays well, and Buffon. (and the rest)
  • Options
    Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many goals do you think Messi will get?

I don't think its a coincidence that Messi's biggest moments have come in high profile games this year, he's turned it on in the big games when the whole world has his attention, Man City/Bayern/Copa Del Rey etc. He wants that Ballon D'Or back bad.

So expect him to turn it on while he has the full attention of the world again tomorrow, it will go against the grain if he doesn't. I'm sort of half expecting Maradona's goal in 86 or some free kicks being smashed into the top corner from him, and like I say probably a hatrick, like a comic strip out of roy of the rovers. Who will he nutmeg? Which Juve player will he put on his arse?

2/5 for Barca to win the trophy is practically giving money away, if they turn up (particularly Messi). Only complacency will stop them.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going for a 2-1 Juventus win. I think they want & need it more. Also, national pride is at stake as well.

If not that result, I think Barcelona will win by a score line of 5-1.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barca to win 3-1
  • Options
    NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    Barca 3-0 up at half time, 6-1 final score, hat tricks for Messi and Suarez. Would much prefer a very close contest, so hope I am wrong.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Carragher just said Busquets isn't good at defending. I'm still in shock.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Carragher just said Busquets isn't good at defending. I'm still in shock.

I thought that was odd too. He doesn't run around and throw in loads of last ditch crunching tackles but he reads the game well, which is just as important.
  • Options
    Dave 101Dave 101 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Messi will score and also Neymar and Suarez. Suarez might even get two.
    A convincing win for Barca although Juve might get one.

3-1 is probably a good prediction.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this has extra time, and then Barca winning before pens.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think this has extra time, and then Barca winning before pens.

Score at the end of normal time?
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Goalless half time and Juventus have a chance. If Barca get an early goal I can see a goalfest for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Build up has got me in the mood, even Paul Scholes, palms sweating ...
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Lets hope its more competitive than last week's FA Cup final.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Ref is decent.
  • Options
    BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Well frack.