Options

Next time on Strictly ..

reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I want the Strictly band and singers to do the musical spot on the results show, with the original professionals dancing.

I want the results show on Saturday night.

I want the Strictly Showdancers to be composed of Ali and Brian, Kara and Artem, Alesha and Matthew, Ramps and Karen, Ricky and Natalie and Tom and Camilla.

I want Karen, Ian, Bruno and Craig on the judging panel.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Interesting judging panel ...

Would it work having Karen both as a showdancer and judge though?
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love our Len though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu2308 wrote: »
    Interesting judging panel ...

Would it work having Karen both as a showdancer and judge though?

Er .. I hadn't thought that one through very well! :o
  • Options
    millie3millie3 Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want 3 dances in the final only.
    I want all the couples to do all the dances by the time they reach the final.
    I want them to start 2 dances a week earlier.
    I want more group dances.
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...and I do love Karen's enthusiasm!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    millie3 wrote: »
    I want 3 dances in the final only.
    I want all the couples to do all the dances by the time they reach the final.
    I want them to start 2 dances a week earlier.
    I want more group dances.

Agreed

I also want better showdances, and the showdances to be the last dances
  • Options
    Azla AxeAzla Axe Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    I'd like two weeks allowed between the semi and the final, so that the couples have more time to work on their routines, and produce more polished performances.

I'd like the dance troop scrapped.

I'd like more group dances by the proffessionals.

I'd like a lot more individual couple dance performances by the proffessionals.

I would like Karen, Ian, Bruno and Craig on the judge panel.

I would like more content on the Sunday show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azla Axe wrote: »
    I'd like two weeks allowed between the semi and the final, so that the couples have more time to work on their routines, and produce more polished performances.

Ooh that's a good idea! Beeb take note!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The final this year was such a mess and over all a complete disappointment. When they announced the winner I was just like 'oh ok then' and didn't really care to be honest (and it's not to do with Kara winning, I'd have felt the same if Matt had won) I really do think this is it for me, me and Strictly at a parting of the ways :( Sorry but I think it was inevitable after tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think two weeks between the semi and finals is a good idea, but need an appropriate filler

and I totally agree more content in the results show
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Circus moves can be left to the circus.
    Dry ice can be left in the theatre,
    props can be left in the film studio,
    Moira Ross can be left in USA.

Bring back Matthew Cutler,
    bring in Kara's little sister Hannah Marie from Hollyoaks, ;)
    and BBC to keep in touch with the grassroots.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    miles19740 wrote: »
    I love our Len though...

so you like past glories lol.:D Each to their own lol.:D
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want 12 contestants.
    I want the results show to be LIVE, either on Saturday or Sunday. None of this pre-recording stupidity.
    I want a return of the dance off. I'd like the dance off to be ditched at the final six though.
    I want there to be no more than two different dances each week.
    I want to see the props and theme weeks ditched.
    I want to see an end to the judges marking the show-dances in the final. Why they've started doing this is a mystery...it's a freestyle dance. They can't go wrong, whatever they do!:confused:
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sticking to the ballroom dancing rules

"10" revalued to REALLY MEAN TEN.

Dance-off up to final 6.

Live results.

Showdances on last and unmarked.

Start off at two dances a week until week five.
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want the Strictly band and singers to do the musical spot on the results show, with the original professionals dancing.

I want the results show on Saturday night.

I want the Strictly Showdancers to be composed of Ali and Brian, Kara and Artem, Alesha and Matthew, Ramps and Karen, Ricky and Natalie and Tom and Camilla.

I want Karen, Ian, Bruno and Craig on the judging panel.

No Ian must come back as one of the participating pros next year. They can get rid of one or more from Anton, Brendan, James or Jared.
  • Options
    Azla AxeAzla Axe Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    One more:

I'd like the BBC to collect show dance ideas from Stictly fans for each couple competing in the semi-finals, and pass them on to the relevant proffessional dancers.

This will hopefully give them a bit of inspiration, and an idea of what the viewers want to see.

I thought Artem missed a trick this year by not doing a tango/AT/Paso showdance. Thankfully it didn't cost them the victory.

Maybe if we had a say, it would result in more enjoyable show dances. Maybe...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Azla Axe wrote: »
    One more:

I'd like the BBC to collect show dance ideas from Stictly fans for each couple competing in the semi-finals, and pass them on to the relevant proffessional dancers.

This will hopefully give them a bit of inspiration, and an idea of what the viewers want to see.

I thought Artem missed a trick this year by not doing a tango/AT/Paso showdance. Thankfully it didn't cost them the victory.

Maybe if we had a say, it would result in more enjoyable show dances. Maybe...

An interesting idea that could work

I also like the presentation they have in Australia where they open an envelope in their VT to reveal the dance/s they need to learn ...

I agree a tango/paso/AT dance probably would have been amazing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Two dances to start earlier so they're all danced everything before the final, and built up some stamina.

Show dance at THE END and unmarked

More pro dances in the results show etc

Fewer props. Theme weeks ok, but only for certain dances (AT to Meatloaf was just wrong)

I'm sorry but... Bruce to retire.

Three person final guaranteed (I like how they managed it this year)

And.... Erin to get her circles and arrows back. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want only one presenter, female (eg Tess), in front of house, Claudia or Zoe Ball or anyone in the Tessanine (not Tess)
    I would prefer 12 contestants, same Semifinal,
    only three dances per dancer in the final;
    more instrumental music that actually suits the dances;
    Craig as head judge, with Alesha and Karen and possibly Bruno. Len to be retired.

Above all,
    I would like access to the H2G2 smileys in the panel on the right. The DS ones are too limited.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Paace wrote: »
    No Ian must come back as one of the participating pros next year. They can get rid of one or more from Anton, Brendan, James or Jared.

if bbc cared, unfortunately they don't.:mad:
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I started another thread without realising this one exsisted. :o

I'd have 14 couples over 12 weeks with no eviction in the first week but with a double if required in the semi-final (as this year).

The 14 professionals I'd ask to take part would be Aliona, Artem, Brendan, Darren, Flavia, Ian, James, Katya, Kristina, Lilia, Matthew, Natalie, Ola and Vincent.

I'd ask Anton and Erin to join the judging panel in the place of Len and Alesha. Bruno and Craig would remain. In terms of presenting I'd ask Gethin Jones to replace Bruce and Claudia to replace Tess.

I'd ensure that all the couples would dance the standard dances by the time they reach the final; in the Ballroom they'd be the American Smooth, Foxtrot, Quickstep, Tango, Viennese Waltz and Waltz. In the Latin they'd be the Cha Cha Cha, Jive, Paso Doble, Rumba, Salsa and Samba. In weeks one and ten there'd be two dances (one ballroom/one latin). The Argentine Tango would be moved back to being a Semi Final dance alongside the Charleston. In the final they would dance their highest scoring ballroom, highest scoring latin, lowest scoring overall and the freestyle.

The Results Show would remain on Sunday's but would be live. All star performances must accept a professional couple dancing with the music.

There would be a Monday It Takes Two after the final to deal with the aftermath.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    I want 12 contestants.
    I want the results show to be LIVE, either on Saturday or Sunday. None of this pre-recording stupidity.
    I want a return of the dance off. I'd like the dance off to be ditched at the final six though.
    I want there to be no more than two different dances each week.
    I want to see the props and theme weeks ditched.
    I want to see an end to the judges marking the show-dances in the final. Why they've started doing this is a mystery...it's a freestyle dance. They can't go wrong, whatever they do!:confused:

Agree with that on IN PARTICULAR. And many other good points by all in the thread, relating to props, themes, scores, dance troupes, number of couples, placement of show dance/ AT/ salsa, etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    definitely think there should be no more than two dance styles per week - it's really hard to compare when they all do something different

and a Monday ITT would be fabby
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    definitely think there should be no more than two dance styles per week - it's really hard to compare when they all do something different

and a Monday ITT would be fabby

Thinking about it there isn't a way of doing this except if they do two dances a week...then they could swap round later in the series. Otherwise you start having couples having done dances which others haven't etc.