Options

It's official Charlton are going up

humehume Posts: 2,088
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Charlton have ended Huddersfield's record breaking unbeaten run and have gone 7 points clear. Is this the beginning of their rise back to the big time:)

Comments

• Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    blimey, officially gained promotion in november have they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    Err, it's not and they might not, so don't be a silly billy.
  • Options
    dream stuffingdream stuffing Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Err, it's not and they might not, so don't be a silly billy.

Indeed yeah. They have "bottled it" the last 2 Season's ... why should this one by so different and/or special?! :confused:
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not official until someone shouts 'FACT' after saying something non-factual.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what happens now? Does the Premiership now have 21 teams? I'll assume they'll not be playing in the Championship anymore this season if they've been officially promoted? Is it not unfair to other teams? What caused this groundbreaking decision?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So what happens now? Does the Premiership now have 21 teams? I'll assume they'll not be playing in the Championship anymore this season if they've been officially promoted? Is it not unfair to other teams? What caused this groundbreaking decision?

Wow, have they they done so well that they're getting promoted straight from Division One to the Premier League ? ;) Now that's really unfair. :)

Sorry, I guess that you were so knocked off stride by the silly OP that you forgot what division they were in.
  • Options
    eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    indiana44 wrote: »
    Wow, have they they done so well that they're getting promoted straight from Division One to the Premier League ? ;) Now that's really unfair. :)

Sorry, I guess that you were so knocked off stride by the silly OP that you forgot what division they were in.

Guilty as charged, I'll shut up now!
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    hume wrote: »
    Charlton have ended Huddersfield's record breaking unbeaten run and have gone 7 points clear. Is this the beginning of their rise back to the big time:)

Yes it's official! FACT!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good thing for Charlton is that they don't even have to try and win any more games. Just play the kids and finish mid-table, it doesn't matter when you're officially promoted in November!
  • Options
    dream stuffingdream stuffing Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt Charlton will survive if they get promoted to the Championship. A lot of Players like Wright-Phillips, good as he his - are "has been's", the Championship Players know his game too well, just like with his Dad - everyone knew his play and how to combat it in time.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,493
    Forum Member
    Congratulations to Charlton on their promotion in record time.
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    I doubt Charlton will survive if they get promoted to the Championship. A lot of Players like Wright-Phillips, good as he his - are "has been's", the Championship Players know his game too well, just like with his Dad - everyone knew his play and how to combat it in time.

I think they will be ok. The Championship has lots of very average teams in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't really know Bradley, but I do remember Ian and that certainly doesn't tie in with my memories nor indeed the facts that I checked.......

Ian Wright was scoring prolifically well into his 30s at the top level with Arsenal. In season 1996 to 1997 with Arsenal, during which he celebrated his 33rd birthday, he scored 30 league and cup goals in 41 games, the second best ratio of his career.

If folk knew how to combat his game, which essentially involved scoring goals, they weren't making a hell of a good job of dong so :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even his other dad Kevin Phillips is banging them home, what's dream stuffing on about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    Even his other dad Kevin Phillips is banging them home, what's dream stuffing on about?

No, no, Phillips is past it. I mean why would Birmingham hardty play him at all last season when they desperately needed goals. Alex McLeish knew :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 in 15 this season apparently, and all at the age of 53. You never lose it, like when Neville Southall looks like a hippo but covers goal like a cat in those charity games.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    I hope someone digs this thread up next May should Charlton fail to go up this season.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why? why make a thread like this we are miles away from getting promoted. hopefully we will keep up the the form we have shown this season under sir chris but no one wins anything in november.

last night did remind me of a key game in a promotion season but in 1999, also on sky beating huddersfield (although at there ground) and we went on to be champions. so maybe its a good omen but they are so many games left and in reality this was just another win.

Indeed yeah. They have "bottled it" the last 2 Season's ... why should this one by so different and/or special?! :confused:

not really bottled it and last season was a nightmare and the one before fell apart for many reasons but mainly i blame parkinson, a dreadful manager but he could of done worse.
    Alfie2008 wrote: »
    I hope someone digs this thread up next May should Charlton fail to go up this season.:D

i already have a hitman on speed dial :p
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sheffield Wednesday will stop them ............................ he he!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If everyone but Charlton drew every game then lost to Charlton, when would Charlton officially be up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If everyone but Charlton drew every game then lost to Charlton, when would Charlton officially be up?

Err much as I often quite looking at possible futures and what if scenarios, given that nothing like that will happen I'll let anyone else that cares use their time :)
  • Options
    humehume Posts: 2,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alfie2008 wrote: »

How about a second helping of humble pie? :)
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations Charlton