Options

Humax 1000s hard drive replacement

GrannyGruntbuckGrannyGruntbuck Posts: 3,638
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When my sky account is finally cancelled, I intend taking the 2TB drive out of my sky box and replacing the 500GB drive in the Humax with it.

Is there any particular type of format it will need, or will the Humax automatically sort that out when first powered up with the new drive?

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When my sky account is finally cancelled, I intend taking the 2TB drive out of my sky box and replacing the 500GB drive in the Humax with it.

Is there any particular type of format it will need, or will the Humax automatically sort that out when first powered up with the new drive?

The Humax should format and partition it for you. By the way the case screws are hidden under the rubber feet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Humax should format and partition it for you. By the way the case screws are hidden under the rubber feet.

Thanks.

Yes, I had already worked out that the screws would be under the rubber feet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks.

Yes, I had already worked out that the screws would be under the rubber feet.

Before you ask you cannot copy the existing recordings from the 500GB drive to the new one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't even be using the 500GB drive. It will be replaced before the box is up and running.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't even be using the 500GB drive. It will be replaced before the box is up and running.

Bit risky, if the box is faulty on delivery you wouldn't want to open it up. I would run it for at least a week first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have already tested it, including the record facility but don't need it in use until my sky account ends in mid August.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have already tested it, including the record facility but don't need it in use until my sky account ends in mid August.

OK, seen a few reports of boxes not working properly from new.