Options

Radio North Sea Gold

satman17satman17 Posts: 2,608
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just listened to radio north sea gold, very good listen and apparently on DAB in November. Is this true.

I see no postal address so where is it coming from Europe? or some where closer to home?

Comments

• Options
    Radiomadman11Radiomadman11 Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Its now called "North Sea Classic Rock" the music is good and fast pace. www.northseaclassicrock.co.ukhttp://www.northseaclassicrock.co.uk
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope wish them all the best as I was a big fan of Radio Nord Sea International, even with the jamming, I would tune in my radio to what was a perfect replacement for Radio London. I even bought the music for the station: "Man Of Action" by The Les Reed orchestra. Don't let Mike read find out though!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    There is a station calling itself Radio North Sea International on radio@dr.com. They say they are on FM (though I haven't heard them on FM) and also on the internet. They are producing English and Dutch programmes. Sorry if you already knew this....I've listened to it and its sounds OK (apart from the Dutch programmes which obviously I don't understand).
  • Options
    R300R300 Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its now called "North Sea Classic Rock" the music is good and fast pace. www.northseaclassicrock.co.ukhttp://www.northseaclassicrock.co.uk

Followed this link about 2 hours ago, and have yet to hear a naff tune. Absolutely great stuff - currently playing China Grove, top tune.
  • Options
    overlineoverline Posts: 1,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    satman17 wrote: »
    Just listened to radio north sea gold, very good listen and apparently on DAB in November. Is this true.

I see no postal address so where is it coming from Europe? or some where closer to home?

I suspect this is just a wind-up, North Sea Gold, was run as an internet station by Shaun Brown from his dad's garden shed. He hired some time on Caroline a few years ago, but never got around to paying the bill, so it was removed.

His dad was part of a group that went for the Ipswich licence and Shaun claimed the plan was to transmit from offshore – lol. :D

It has the following address on the website now:
    Rock Media Ltd
    Canon's Court
    22 Victoria Street
    Hamilton
    HM12
    Bermuda
    USA

ETA - Google throws up that Appleby, one of the largest and most respected offshore legal, fiduciary and administration service providers in the world is based there and that the address is in Bermuda not the USA. :rolleyes:

There's also a listing at companies house for
    Name & Registered Office:
    ROCK MEDIA LTD.
    THE MALT HOUSE, 25-29 HIGH
    STREET, KINGSTON UPON THAMES
    SURREY
    KT1 1LL
    Company No. 04430223
    Link
  • Options
    R300R300 Posts: 2,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think the address on the site was a bit strange, but the music is good anyway....
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yep good if you like yet more rock.Too many rock style stations for my liking im afraid i just wish rock whould fade away but thats just my opinion.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    R300 wrote: »
    I did think the address on the site was a bit strange, but the music is good anyway....

You do have to wonder what the fake US address is all about, the companies 'Ltd' status gives it away since it would probably be 'LLC' over there. Maybe an attempt to throw PRS/PPL off track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe an attempt to throw PRS/PPL off track.

As if that's a problem, cost wise, IF it's launching on national DAB. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who ever runs this station they have done a good job music wise, some great music tracks with rare dutch groups. I hope it does make it to DAB so i can listen in the car or office.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    yep good if you like yet more rock.Too many rock style stations for my liking im afraid i just wish rock whould fade away but thats just my opinion.

Another dam pop fan with a pointless comment. Rock music fans have had to wait many years for a rock music radio station. Thanks to DAB we now have 2 or 3 to listen to. Long live rock! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member

what a numptee.would you expect everyone to eat the same dinner every night,just because its what you like.At a guess i'd say your an 80s fan.
  • Options
    rad10rad10 Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    There are two addresses on the web site now, Bermuda (which is definitely not in the USA) and main office in LA.

Bermuda is a UK dependency and a well-known tax haven, so no prizes for guessing why they are there.

The UK registered address is probably their accountants, as they will need a registered office to operate a UK limited company. A quick google shows up a few companies with the same registered office
  • Options
    Andy SennittAndy Sennitt Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Who ever runs this station they have done a good job music wise, some great music tracks with rare dutch groups. I hope it does make it to DAB so i can listen in the car or office.

Agreed. Yesterday they played Hocus Pocus by Focus, which I haven't heard for years despite living in the Netherlands. Their playlist is miles better than Arrow Classic Rock, which sadly became repetitive and boring in the past few years.
  • Options
    suffolkbluesuffolkblue Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hey guys its not that i dont like rock and im not an 80s freak i listen to all sorts of music but its just in my opinion there is too many rock stations on the go and they all play the same crap but to anyone who realy enjoys rock then i guess its good news for you i dare say soon heart radio will become heart rock:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The company/person who is behind this has put a lot of thought into the music but why have 3 different addresses.
    There is more to this station than meets the eye (imo).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The company/person who is behind this has put a lot of thought into the music but why have 3 different addresses.
    There is more to this station than meets the eye (imo).

Hello Shaun *waves* - nice wind-up you've have got going here, I see you removed the USA from the Bermuda address and added a different USA address with Los Angeles spelt as Los Angelles and according to google an incorrect ZIP code. :D

For people to believe you’re launching on DAB you’ll need to make-up & post a UK address on your site. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have just googled the main office address and found thishttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&resnum=0&q=8771+santa+monica&um=1&ie=UTF-8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=T7qWSsCcONKgjAeojdSVDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

does seem that there is a office there. If you read overline's posts he seems to mock anybody or company that is broadcasting a radio service. Maybe he is an ex-policeman or just a busy body.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaun, the address you have on your site is:

8771 Santa Monica
    Los Angelles
    CA90068-4508
    USA

That link is to this address:

Santa Monica 8771
    Tesistan (San Francisco Tesistan), Ja, Mexico

First Bermuda, now Mexico - just how many countries do you intend to transfer to the USA?

:confused:

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does it matter who/company is behind this station, i am enjoying the music that is being played. I hpoe it does brodcast on DAB as i can listen in the car on the way to work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i am enjoying the music that is being played.

Of course you are Shaun, you set-up the play-list and play-out system. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    overline i have no idea why you think that i am "Shaun Brown" or that "North Sea Classic Rock" is owned or run by me. My name is Graham Blaydon and can say that i have never run a radio station in my life (the idea would be nice and the money) i do enjoy the music and style that the station has and thats what i post on here. The guy who started the post on here maybe "Shaun Brown"

Thanks

Graham
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    overline i have no idea why you think that i am "Shaun Brown" or that "North Sea Classic Rock" is owned or run by me. My name is Graham Blaydon and can say that i have never run a radio station in my life (the idea would be nice and the money) i do enjoy the music and style that the station has and thats what i post on here. The guy who started the post on here maybe "Shaun Brown"

Thanks

Graham

Well if I've got it wrong, sorry, but you a have very similar posting style including the inability to use a capital ’I’ in any post longer than a couple of lines, amongst other things.

Meanwhile I've discovered this Reuters Report about Rock Media Ltd. and their operations in Bermuda, so I've emailed them a link to the North Sea Classic Rock site and asked them to supply further information about their plans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not a problem.
  • Options
    SobellSobell Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    You can add the stream to a vTuner based Internet radio (probably others too) using this link.

http://wm6.spacialnet.com/northsea199134150