The Fog
    Psycho
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tokenting wrote: »
    king kong is one i can think of that was not bad

it needed the cgi injection

I would have watched a three hour film of them trying to get him on the ship.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Time Machine
    A Nightmare on elm street
    Alfie
    The Pink Panther
    The Omen
    The Hitcher
    The Invasion
    The Fog
    Psycho

I agree with the one in bold. Steve Martin insulted the memory of Peter Sellers with his hopeless attempt at imitating him when starring in that remake. It shows that there's most likely no one who can match Peter Sellers' unique form of comedy acting.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ladykillers
    Clash of the titans
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Yep. That & the Black Christmas remake.

They remade Black Christmas?! :eek:

I hope I never run into it!
  • Calibans DreamCalibans Dream Posts: 3,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Poseidon Adventure.

It didn't need glamming up and missed the human story of the original.

Even the sequel to the original sucked big time.
  • GortGort Posts: 7,460
    Forum Member
    mr_me wrote: »
    The Day the Earth Stood Still

How boring and depressing!

Even I agree.
  • clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    The Vanishing (fantastic 80s Dutch film) had an American remake in the early 90s starring Jeff Bridges and Keifer Sutherland, a horrible happy ending was tagged on to replace the originals dark, depressing but entirely correct finale

Have to agree with the Coen brothers Ladykillers, totally pointless
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 1998 American version of 'Godzilla'

I know this isn't really a remake, more of a re-imagination of the franchise, but to me, it wasn't 'Godzilla' at all - more of a typical monster flick. I gave it 2/10 - it's fun for a rainy day and a decent family film.

I can't wait for Warner Bros' 2014's 'Godzilla', it sounds seriously promising, as long as they keep Godzilla as Godzilla and don't change the look. :rolleyes:
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    The 1978 version of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers with Donald Sutherland was one of the few good remakes I can think of.
  • JamesbucJamesbuc Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    The Halloween remake was awful XP Just poor all around. Then again it wasnt exactly building up from anything (Looking at you Halloween Resurrection).

The Nightmare on Elm Street remake I didnt mind but it felt at times a bit... Pointless?

Friday the 13th... uh. I liked it. It wasnt really a remake to be fair and felt more like 'Hey its another Jason film' so... *shrug*

Anything else... hm... Ah yes. The Hitcher - Like Sean Bean, shame the film is totally pointless and naff.

Same goes for Black Christmas though looking back it sort of improves some areas where the original dragged but ruins it in others. Wish they hadnt mucked with the ending and trailers as much as they did though (serious, filming scenes JUST for the trailer. People who do that need a firing)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 1978 version of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers with Donald Sutherland was one of the few good remakes I can think of.

Yeah but then they remade it AGAIN a couple of years ago with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. It was an absolute mess
  • Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I actually enjoyed the Black Christmas remake :o
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Fog
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    mr_me wrote: »
    Yeah but then they remade it AGAIN a couple of years ago with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. It was an absolute mess

There was another version between the Donald Sutherland version and that one

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_Snatchers_(1993_film)

The Italian Job is another dreadful remake
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I agree with the one in bold. Steve Martin insulted the memory of Peter Sellers with his hopeless attempt at imitating him when starring in that remake. It shows that there's most likely no one who can match Peter Sellers' unique form of comedy acting.

I know it's not strictly speaking a remake but Steve Martin's version of Bilko is awful
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hollywood remake of Rec was a shocker.
  • mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,308
    Forum Member
    DarthDork wrote: »
    Not a big fan of the Halloween or Nightmare on Elm Street remakes.

I agree with these
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The Amityville Horror

Not sure how the movie panned out as I turned it off after about 10 minutes.

I liked this remake. It made me go back and watch the original again.
    Forum Member

OMG yes both The Fog and Black Christmas awful:yawn:
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Fright Night

Also agree with this one and 'The Hitcher' and 'The Wicker Man'. Awful

Another example 'Arthur'.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I hated the Hills Have Eyes Remake. It was ridiculous.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clm2071 wrote: »
    The Vanishing (fantastic 80s Dutch film) had an American remake in the early 90s starring Jeff Bridges and Keifer Sutherland, a horrible happy ending was tagged on to replace the originals dark, depressing but entirely correct finale

Have to agree with the Coen brothers Ladykillers, totally pointless

and yet both had the same director .
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    j22kh wrote: »
    The 1998 American version of 'Godzilla'

I know this isn't really a remake, more of a re-imagination of the franchise, but to me, it wasn't 'Godzilla' at all - more of a typical monster flick. I gave it 2/10 - it's fun for a rainy day and a decent family film.

I can't wait for Warner Bros' 2014's 'Godzilla', it sounds seriously promising, as long as they keep Godzilla as Godzilla and don't change the look. :rolleyes:

It's funny you should say that the '98 Godzilla is good for a rainy day, as all it did during that film was rain.:eek:
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Elm Street was pretty much pointless. Some good ideas but It only succeeded in making everything lamer and less visually impressive than something from 1984. Freddy's face, Tina/Kris's death, the face coming through the wall etc. They even copied the 'bring him into the real world' that didn't work that well in the original.

What really annoyed me is it was set in Springwood, IL. That setting was introduced in the 1985 sequel, the original is set in Los Angeles.