Sony Ericsson Xperia U

Bluesbrother66Bluesbrother66 Posts: 1,453
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi Any idea how good this phone is,I am getting it on Monday so hope it will have good reviews.Thanks if you can help.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/sony-xperia-u-1082487/review

Hope this helps. I don't have an Xperia U myself but do have the Xperia Arc S and I like it a lot but the Xperia T looks to be a far better handset.
  • Bluesbrother66Bluesbrother66 Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/sony-xperia-u-1082487/review

Hope this helps. I don't have an Xperia U myself but do have the Xperia Arc S and I like it a lot but the Xperia T looks to be a far better handset.

Thank you so much,Im not a phone person so not sure if the fact it has no sd card slot is a big thing but as im paying £23 a mth maybe i need to look around for a phone which supports a sd card.
  • doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Battery is not too good either.

It's a decent phone but there are better phones for that price I'm sure.
  • The SackThe Sack Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

the T will be about 300 quid dearer than the U though.
    Forum Member
    The Sack wrote: »
    the T will be about 300 quid dearer than the U though.

The xperia U is £150 on Pay As You Go, which is good value for dual core, if it had an SD slot I'd probably get one myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love mine. I like the flashing light strip.
  • Bluesbrother66Bluesbrother66 Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your great help,As i wont want to store loads of pics on my phone i wonder if it wont matter so much,As long as i can have plenty of apps that will be ok,I still have time to change my mind but maybe i should wait till it comes on monday and see it for myself ,I only send a few texts a day might make a 1 or 2 calls a week so hope i am getting the right phone for the price,Thanks again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You couldn't move all apps to SD anyway. AFAIK the phone is getting an ICS update (if it hasn't already). I am thinking about getting the phone too but I'm a bit undecided at the moment due to the lack of SD slot as I have a 32gb memory card at the moment.
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have this phone - I broke my Galaxy S3 on a drunken night out last week and it was the only replacement I could afford - and its fantastic.

Yeah, its slower than the Galaxy. And the screen is smaller. But its cute. The phone is incredibly well made, the screen quality is fantastic and the whole phone runs very smoothly. I've not upgraded mine to Android ICS 4.0 yet...and I doubt I will, seeing as this runs so well.

An absolute BARGAIN for £129 I would say (phones4u - brought on o2 but unlocked to all)

:D
  • lee18xxlee18xx Posts: 2,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    + the light strip at the bottom is incredibly attractive, if I were to be superficial like that ;-)
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Have this phone in our house and it is very nice but not sure I would be paying £23 month for it thats too much. Contract I got it on was £7.50.
  • godlivesgodlives Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    i have the sony u and i love it, i was a big sony ericcson fan and this phone is fast and easy to use.

the no sd slot i was worried about too but it has not bothered me a bit i have lots of photos and music on there, the battery life could be better but hey most smartphones battery life could be better, :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    I think it is a better phone at this price.. Is it? Also with the trust of Sony...
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i`ve seen a deal on O2. Downside is there is no data. Upside i get a decent phone for the same roughly the same monthly payments.

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/go/ZGVhbC0zIzE5NzUyMDI4LTk0NDIzLTAtMA==?p=1&c=1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal. Im with O2 and paying just over £10 a month. with that i get 300mins and unlimited texts it isn`t a smartphone I don`t know anything about talk mobile so don`t know how good they are. Would have prefered to keep my number as well if possible. also how far would 500MB of data go. I would probably be only browsing and maybe the odd app although that might change when i`ve got it.

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/go/ZGVhbC0zIzE4Mjk1NjIzLTk0NDIzLTAtMA==?p=1&c=1
  • Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    doom&gloom wrote: »
    Battery is not too good either.

It's a decent phone but there are better phones for that price I'm sure.
    Battery life is fine. Unless the phone is being absolutely hammered on a daily basis, then I can only presume you've experienced a faulty one.

Care to name one?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this phone bad for sound. like when you get a text or a call, you can`t hear it because volume is too low even at highest volume? also is it bad for people who text a lot?
    would like to know this before i buy it?
  • poshbakerlooposhbakerloo Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    I have this phone, I think its really good. Its much better than the Galaxy Ace 2 and the HTC One V which are the other similar phones the class. Its very fast with a very good screen and decent camera. Well worth it. Looks great to!
    Forum Member
    Battery life is fine. Unless the phone is being absolutely hammered on a daily basis, then I can only presume you've experienced a faulty one.

Care to name one?

Carphone Warehouse was selling this phone at £7.50 per month contract and £99.99 Pay As You Go, it's gone up again now but £23 per month is way too much, you can get a Galaxy SII or Xperia S for that.

Pay As You Go I'd go for the Galaxy Ace 2, yes it's a bit slower but bigger (and wider) screen, bigger battery and SD card slot, plus it's being updated to Jellybean, as opposed to the ICS update for the U, it's £169.99 at Phones 4 U.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who has taken up the offer on mobiles.co.uk. What happens if something goes wrong with the phone and you don`t take up the insurance offer?
  • ChemistryChemistry Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    swordman wrote: »
    Have this phone in our house and it is very nice but not sure I would be paying £23 month for it thats too much. Contract I got it on was £7.50.

Where???

Trying to look for this phone on contract and the cheapest I can find is £10 a month.

- sorry I have just seen, CPW
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been on live chat with o2 to ask if i need to give notice. they tried offering me a deal to match the one with talk mobile. free sony xperia u phone, 50 mins, unlimited texts and 100mb data for £13.50 a month. that is the best they can offer. this is what he said when told him talk mobile are offering a better deal for less.

"I understand this but with us you will get full 24 months warranty with the handset. Also Our data services are capped so even If you exceed your monthly data allowances you won't be charged anything extra, only the speed would be reduced"

I know that i won`t get that with talk mobile but it still seems a better deal than the o2 one.
  • Garry_McAuleyGarry_McAuley Posts: 440
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Just been on live chat with o2 to ask if i need to give notice. they tried offering me a deal to match the one with talk mobile. free sony xperia u phone, 50 mins, unlimited texts and 100mb data for £13.50 a month. that is the best they can offer. this is what he said when told him talk mobile are offering a better deal for less.

"I understand this but with us you will get full 24 months warranty with the handset. Also Our data services are capped so even If you exceed your monthly data allowances you won't be charged anything extra, only the speed would be reduced"

I know that i won`t get that with talk mobile but it still seems a better deal than the o2 one.

..And a reliable bloody signal!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..And a reliable bloody signal!

o2 use to have a reliable signal but lately on my phone its been saying emergency use only a lot like it did when i was with t-mobile. don`t know if vodafone is any better but can`t be much worse. Just don`t know what happnes if the phone i get off talk mibile breaks. am i covered or not?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting the sony xperia u through quidco it says this. £60 for all upgrade contracts (including iPhones except iPhone 5) What does this mean exactly?