Options

Fifth Harmony Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    ShaynaJayShaynaJay Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is the first radio play exclusive to one radio station or is it spread? I have no idea how these things work in the US...
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    Is the first radio play exclusive to one radio station or is it spread? I have no idea how these things work in the US...

It's on SNOL so it'll be played across all Pop radio stations at the same time. :)
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    Well I can take ShaynaJay's opinion, because it doesn't seem like she's subtly trying to make a dig at the girls like EpicEastenders was.

At what point did I try to make a dig at the girls? You're very deluded.

Thank you ShaynaJay for defending me against this individual. You need a reality check, your attitude is just appalling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The girls will also be a performing an additional new song on The Today Show on the 11th
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    This thread is a mess lol. Anyway, we finally get to hear the entire song tomorrow. Can't wait! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This thread is a mess lol. Anyway, we finally get to hear the entire song tomorrow. Can't wait! :)

It wasn't a mess before a certain soap fan came. :blush:

I'm excited too, as a fan I'm happy with the direction they're going and this seems to be getting a good reception overall so I'm more than pleased. :)

It is quite funny how I was complaining at what an awful label Epic is. But it's better to be on a small label and be an act that is prioritized than GRL who is on RCA USA and seems to have the best producers, writers and better team overall. But still that did nothing for their latest single Ugly Heart which after its release failed to crack the top 1500 on iTunes only recently did it rise to the #300s. :blush:

But we'll see how BO$$ does but I have a feeling the GP will prefer this to their previous era.
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're the one making it a mess with your insults that are frankly uncalled for.

Good day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on SNOL so it'll be played across all Pop radio stations at the same time. :)

Wait I thought SNOL was just one stations show? Or are they with an umbrella of stations? Sorry I just don't understand how it works here lol, where I live there is like 3 main music stations and they don't work in-conjunction with each other ever. Usually when one is given an exclusive no other stations are allowed to play it until the one with the exclusive rights does. (Does that make any sense, I have no idea).
    The girls will also be a performing an additional new song on The Today Show on the 11th

That is cool, usually they do 3 songs (2 live and one that goes online) So I guess they will be doing BO$$, Miss Movin' On (most recognizable hit) and an unheard song (which could be a weeeee bit risky if it turns out to be better than BOSS or the fans who are there doesn't resonate with it, or react to it well)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this is a summer anthem. Let it smash.
  • Options
    Charlie_TrenchCharlie_Trench Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just pray they release it in the UK.

If they do, I hope it isn't in like March 2015. I'm praying they'll promote over here before Christmas :\
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ShaynaJay wrote: »
    Wait I thought SNOL was just one stations show? Or are they with an umbrella of stations? Sorry I just don't understand how it works here lol, where I live there is like 3 main music stations and they don't work in-conjunction with each other ever. Usually when one is given an exclusive no other stations are allowed to play it until the one with the exclusive rights does. (Does that make any sense, I have no idea).

That is cool, usually they do 3 songs (2 live and one that goes online) So I guess they will be doing BO$$, Miss Movin' On (most recognizable hit) and an unheard song (which could be a weeeee bit risky if it turns out to be better than BOSS or the fans who are there doesn't resonate with it, or react to it well)

SNOL is like an umbrella of stations - all radio stations that are affiliated with iHeartRadio and POP radio will play the song at the same time.

19 hours till the premiere ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.saturdaynightonline.com/pages/affilliate-map.html

This shows the 131 stations it's affiliated with.
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    What is the UK time for the premiere? The snippets sound promising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What is the UK time for the premiere? The snippets sound promising.

3am, it's suppose to premiere at 9-10PM EST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2NZBK_SfU4 Here's the backstage video and more of the song can be heard here.
  • Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3am, it's suppose to premiere at 9-10PM EST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2NZBK_SfU4 Here's the backstage video and more of the song can be heard here.

Omg what was I thinking. This song is FIRE. They look stunning. :o:o

This could be a big hit for them. Fatima Robinson directed this too. They are not playing around this time.

Epic's gonna give them some good promo for sure.
  • Options
    Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pledge allegiance to my independent girls in here... ohhh babyy :eek:

I ain't thirsty for no bae, yes Normani. What catchy tune.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Finally get the day has arrived! We can unlock the music video early if they get enough people to Shazam it. Shazam is a great tool for radio stations to see which songs are popular and is good at predicting future hits so that's the real reason for this. Brilliant imo. It'll be on MTV's website to stream I believe. Premiere is at 10PM ET btw :)

RollingStone had an entire article about Shazam's ability to predict hits if anyone is interested in reading: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/can-shazam-predict-the-next-big-hit-20140220

I feel like last year the fandom had the knowledge & the work ethic to do what is needed to help make a song a hit, its just MMO was never good enough. The production of the song really limited its airplay. We still managed to get it to #25 on the pop radio chart and we still managed to get it certified "Gold" (500,000 copies). That says a lot about the fandom's "never give up" attitude and perseverance. We took something small and made it into something that is at least respectable. With BO$$ there is no stopping us and fans are hungrier than ever after having to wait an entire year for the next single! Several of the nation's biggest stations have praised it (they get to hear it first)...that never happened with MMO last year. It was also the fans who told the label they wanted the girls to go in a different direction and Candece listened. It was the fan's who wanted to have the single up for pre-order this time too. Epic listened. While it may not be one of the giant labels, Epic has taken care of the girls and made them a priority. That's really all you can hope for when it comes to labels. It does no good to sign to a major label with huge artists because they are already prioritized. Time will tell how this thing plays out but fans will definitely be putting in the work to take it as far as we can.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, here in the UK, we hear it at 3am?

Can we stream SNOL? How do we listen to the premiere lol?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So, here in the UK, we hear it at 3am?

Can we stream SNOL? How do we listen to the premiere lol?

Yes we can stream SNOL. I think it's 2AM(:

Edit: It's 3am
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes we can stream SNOL. I think it's 2AM(:

Edit: It's 3am

Soooo....we all gonna be here at 3am lol??

I was out last night so I'm having a Sat night in anyway. I'll wait up for this fo' sure :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soooo....we all gonna be here at 3am lol??

I was out last night so I'm having a Sat night in anyway. I'll wait up for this fo' sure :cool:

Yeah pretty much lol! Trust me I'd be fast asleep by now but I'm surprised I'm still up ^_^

Here's the USTREAM link http://www.ustream.tv/channel/saturday-night-online
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah pretty much lol! Trust me I'd be fast asleep by now but I'm surprised I'm still up ^_^

Here's the USTREAM link http://www.ustream.tv/channel/saturday-night-online

Big night! I now have this forum, the ustream link open and ready. Also Camila is doing a twitcam in an hour I think :\ so need to get on that!

Going to wait an episode of Orange is the new Black to pass the time haha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have the ustream up because my computer is running too slow for it to work, but I have like 4 different forums open waiting for a ripped link to appear.....and opening a tab with tumblr open as well waiting.

edit nvm it's up on mtv already http://www.mtv.com/artists/fifth-harmony/ I was expecting more cohesion from it tbh, still not a fan of the lyrics (mainly the chorus) but the beat slays, and that beat gives you something that you can hook too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG I love it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't have shazam and tbh i'm not downloading it for one thing, so if anyone gets a link to the video can they share please, I wanna see what did and didn't make the cut from the BTS video that leaked :)