I really really like Rebecca but...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
Forum Member
✭✭✭
...I think she's bottom two tonight. She'd go if she's bottom two with Cher, wouldn't she?

Just a hunch, but I think tonight is the night she'll go, and it'll be that she's not done enough to connect with people. Her voice is incredible but she's barely moved on stage and I think Mary will have enough backing from older viewers/"locals"/Tesco working to get her into the final.

I've had a few quid on her going as the odds were generous I thought, but I really hope she makes the final.

Comments

• flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something about Rebecca really grates on me. I don't buy the humble, shy, vulnerable act one bit. She's as boring as hell on stage and the silly way she nods at the judges with that desperate pleading little poor little me face, while they are giving her their comments really drives me mad. She reminds me of the Churchill dog and I can't get that image out of my head everytime I see her. I hope she's in the bottom 2 tonight, with cocky madam Cher. I'd be happy to see either one of them go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flakecake wrote: »
    Something about Rebecca really grates on me. I don't buy the humble, shy, vulnerable act one bit. She's as boring as hell on stage and the silly way she nods at the judges with that desperate pleading little poor little me face, while they are giving her their comments really drives me mad. She reminds me of the Churchill dog and I can't get that image out of my head everytime I see her. I hope she's in the bottom 2 tonight, with cocky madam Cher. I'd be happy to see either one of them go.

Totally agree with your post. I don't buy the shy, innocent little girl act she potrays either - something doesn't sit right with her imo. I don't know, she's so dull and the constant overpraising she is lavished with is so overdone and she isn't as good as they build her upto be. She lacks the ability to convey any emotion in her performances. She hasn't shone in the lives imo - all her performances blend into one. :yawn:
  • lorrylorry Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know this will be unpopular but I can't bear her voice - it grates on me like nails on a blackboard! I liked her right at the beginning but she soon started to bore me rigid with the stiff way she stands and her emotionless performances - she seems like a sweet enough girl but I just don't get all the hype about her.

Mind you the only act I like that's left is Matt - I think this year's final line-up is dire full stop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member

I don't think that she is faking it, but it's not an excuse for being so dull. She is a performer, she needs to show some personality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something about Rebecca really grates on me. I don't buy the humble, shy, vulnerable act one bit. .

If it was an act then why would every single contestant thats been on the show have nothing but praise for her! Even Wagner who disliked most of them said he wants ReBecca to win!
    Louis even confirmed last night just how genuine she is to everyone back stage.

People may not like her but im sick of people saying she had to dance around like a lunitic er no she doesnt! Look at Adele, Paloma Faith, Amy whinehouse etc.
    Even folk like Susan Boyle and Leona lewis are rubbish dancers but it hasnt stopped them selling records!
    All rebecca needs is great songs and she'll do fine, shes got an extremely distinctive voice hence why people like Amy and Adele want to work with her..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    I don't think that she is faking it, but it's not an excuse for being so dull. She is a performer, she needs to show some personality.

Agreed. She's the only one of those left who I think I could sit through an album or a show of, but even still, she's not at the level that, say, Leona is/was.