Natalie's American Smooth was better the 2nd time

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    There is something strange with the fact that she only allowed herself to let go in the last week. It may have been down to Artem holding her back or herself either way it was strange.

It's not strange at all that she would finally let go and dance with such abandon. She's been getting so much hate all season that she's had to be reserved and try not to let it get to her just before she dances every week. Everything she does has been criticized. She has to come out and dance in front of people she knows despise her. The emotional toll she's taken has to be overwhelming.

Natalie knew last night was her last on this show and she could let go. The connection with Artem is there. They were both going through things that may have bonded them but because they don't react the way people expect them to react they got hated on for not supposedly having chemistry. I've enjoyed watching Natalie all season and I hope her time on strictly doesn't have a negative affect on her.
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    idetached wrote: »
    It's not strange at all that she would finally let go and dance with such abandon. She's been getting so much hate all season that she's had to be reserved and try not to let it get to her just before she dances every week. Everything she does has been criticized. She has to come out and dance in front of people she knows despise her. The emotional toll she's taken has to be overwhelming.

Natalie knew last night was her last on this show and she could let go. The connection with Artem is there. They were both going through things that may have bonded them but because they don't react the way people expect them to react they got hated on for not supposedly having chemistry. I've enjoyed watching Natalie all season and I hope her time on strictly doesn't have a negative affect on her.

Don't need to tell me there are a few of us on here that have been hammered for sticking up for her.
  • Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to know what the celebs think. Read what you have written, its ridiculous.
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to know what the celebs think. Read what you have written, its ridiculous.
    I don't think it is.
    Celebs are people first and some viewers can relate to certain aspects of their personalities.

I wonder if, with the preconceptions already placed in a lot of our minds and the consequent flak Natalie received almost from the start, she didn't want to show any vulnerability but once she was confirmed in the Final she just went for it.

I know I would have for the once in a lifetime experience
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    I don't think it is.
    Celebs are people first and some viewers can relate to certain aspects of their personalities.

I wonder if, with the preconceptions already placed in a lot of our minds and the consequent flak Natalie received almost from the start, she didn't want to show any vulnerability but once she was confirmed in the Final she just went for it.

I appreciate you have an opinion, but how can you pretend to know what contestants think or what their intentions are ?
    Forum Member
    Jennifer_F wrote: »

What's ridiculous is how fast you proved my post....
    Forum Member
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    I don't think it is.

Exactly...She said as much in the Tess pit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's ridiculous is how fast you proved my post....

I don;t understand your answer, please explain ?
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    in the end, i think natalie was a bit like sophie, really rather reserved and private and perhaps struggling to manage the strictly experience. because strictly seems to be not just another job, but something that can affect people rather deeply.

i guess people like sophie and natalie are used to having a bit of a guard up most of the time, but both of them in the end, realised you only get one opportunity at this and took it. it was about 2 weeks ago that sophie seemed to stop worrying what people might think and started saying she just wanted to enjoy the experience. for natalie, its a great shame that it did seem to only be in that very last dance that she could finally join all that together and live the dance, not because we missed out by her not doing so, but because she did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    in the end, i think natalie was a bit like sophie, really rather reserved and private and perhaps struggling to manage the strictly experience. because strictly seems to be not just another job, but something that can affect people rather deeply.

i guess people like sophie and natalie are used to having a bit of a guard up most of the time, but both of them in the end, realised you only get one opportunity at this and took it. it was about 2 weeks ago that sophie seemed to stop worrying what people might think and started saying she just wanted to enjoy the experience. for natalie, its a great shame that it did seem to only be in that very last dance that she could finally join all that together and live the dance, not because we missed out by her not doing so, but because she did.

A great post. I fully agree with this and feel sad that we did not get to see Natalie dancing as she did yesterday, earlier in the series.It was fantastic and ticked all the boxes on all levels.
  • amelia_leeamelia_lee Posts: 11,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think she started to show more emotion from the semi dance off, the tango was so much better and there was more intensity.

So I think it was then, but the final dance was more emotional then the other two in the final she performed, add to that the music and story for the piece and the whole 'I'm staying' dynamic and the show ending, it was emotionally charged, even Artem was in tears at the beginning and end.