Options

Freddie Starr

Comments

• Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man is broken ,you can see that by looking at him..he wasn't acting
    You don't know that, anymore than I know for certain its just another one of his acts.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't know that, anymore than I know for certain its just another one of his acts.

You could say that about everyone that's been accused of anything serious and are declaring their innocence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    You could say that about everyone that's been accused of anything serious and are declaring their innocence?
    Of course, but my reply was to someone who insists he was not acting, even though they do not know anything of the kind.
  • Options
    Early RiserEarly Riser Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    The CPS said they could have convicted him on one charge but it was "not in the public interest". Translated I think that means, "He is innocent and were totally incompetent but we will slur his good name out of spite".

WRONG!

The CPS believed that there was a very strong indication that he would have been found guilty. But as it was a relatively minor offense, he would normally only have received a caution, so not worth the expense of litigation.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WRONG!

The CPS believed that there was a very strong indication that he would have been found guilty. But as it was a relatively minor offense, he would normally only have received a caution, so not worth the expense of litigation.

This charge was for sexual abuse or some other offence that's not related to sexual abuse?
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMHO he looks like a man in the throes of severe alcoholism. It is just an opinion and of course I do not know this as fact - but his shaking, red eyes and sallow skin would suggest he has a strong addiction to something.
  • Options
    notfussynotfussy Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WRONG!

Not in the public interest could also mean he's no longer deemed a threat (due to ill health perhaps) of reoffending.
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    And to think that our police and justice system has done this to him.

Appalling to think that the process of clearing your name can impact on your health like this. The price of standing up to these lying, malicious, money-hungry witches.

I fear that he won't make it too much further......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Appalling to think that the process of clearing your name can impact on your health like this. The price of standing up to these lying, malicious, money-hungry witches.

Who are these lying witches then?
    Maybe you need to read a bit more.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No one could be that good an actor..next ou will be saying "no smoke without fire"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WRONG!

After spending millions of pounds of the publics money..if they actually believed they would get a conviction..they would of charged him..to justify the bloody witch hunt they have conducted this past 2 years and the money they have spent
    Many innocent people have been dragged into Operation Yewtree and their lives have been decimated ,their careers stopped and their families torn apart. Not once have I heard them apologise for doing this to these INNOCENTpeople..
  • Options
    Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one could be that good an actor..next ou will be saying "no smoke without fire"

No actor is that good that he can feign a pasty complexion, red rimmed eyes and a bloated body. His blood pressure is clearly through the roof in that clip, he's not a well man at all.
  • Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does his wife's age have to do with anything...if she is half his age she is 35/36 ....

Because when he was first arrested he was parading her around as half his age and he didn't need to abuse anyone. She now seems to have disappeared.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Because when he was first arrested he was parading her around as half his age and he didn't need to abuse anyone. She now seems to have disappeared.

Does she? He wasn't parading her as far as I saw..she was at his side like any wife would be. One interview yesterday and you are assuming she has done a runner ^_^
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Poor man, he looks broken, last time i saw him was on IACGMOOH , and he looked quite healthy then, now he looks like a man on his last legs, I hope he can now move on and put this behind him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No actor is that good that he can feign a pasty complexion, red rimmed eyes and a bloated body. His blood pressure is clearly through the roof in that clip, he's not a well man at all.
    Not watched many films then :confused:
  • Options
    debdawdebdaw Posts: 91
    Forum Member

It's quite a leap from 'not in the public interest' to prosecute, to calling the complainants lying, malicious, money hungry witches. You don't know anything about them. I don't know what happened, you don't know what happened. Even if there are some inconsistencies in their accounts after all this time it doesn't mean that they were lying. Vilifying the women in these cases is just as reprehensible as assuming that there's no smoke without fire unless you have absolute proof that they were making it all up.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think the acting was particularly good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Not watched many films then :confused:

I give up.....so are you suggesting he paid a visit to a makeup artist!:o
  • Options
    Shady_Pines1Shady_Pines1 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freddie Starr doesn't drink. One of his lines of defence is that an accuser said he smelled of alcohol during one of their "meetings" and Starr could confidently say this was untrue as he never drinks. He was, however, heavily addicted to valium and presents as having "benzo brain" which is the long term after effects of benzodiazepine abuse. Michael Barrymore exhibits similar traits. Basically, whether he never takes another substance in his life, he will always "appear" to be drugged/drunk.

He's a total mess of a human being, which doesn't mean he deserves to be falsely accused, but he's no innocent lamb either as his horrendous behaviour on Wife Swap a few years ago is anything to go by.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think a time limit should be placed on how long the police/cps are allowed to investigate and hold an accused on bail.
    I also personally think the accused name should not be made public until trial ends and if convicted.
    Unless accused i doubt any of us would fully understand what someone goes through. It's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. Not no smoke with out fire or guilty by media.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gosh he looked so ill. I'd be inclined to say he almost looks like he has dementia or Parkinsons, with the shuffling gait. How very sad for all concerned.

He's either had or having a nervous breakdown. Couple with what look like so many serious health issues.

I hate to say it but his time on this earth doesn't look very long. Tragic really. Very tragic.:(
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »

His wife was with him yesterday, she drove the car to their house. Photo 4 in Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2621363/Freddie-Starr-NOT-face-charges-sex-assault-claims.html
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Exactly, no way was that acting. If it was he deserves 100 Oscars, not just one.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Freddie Starr doesn't drink. One of his lines of defence is that an accuser said he smelled of alcohol during one of their "meetings" and Starr could confidently say this was untrue as he never drinks. He was, however, heavily addicted to valium and presents as having "benzo brain" which is the long term after effects of benzodiazepine abuse. Michael Barrymore exhibits similar traits. Basically, whether he never takes another substance in his life, he will always "appear" to be drugged/drunk.

He's a total mess of a human being, which doesn't mean he deserves to be falsely accused, but he's no innocent lamb either as his horrendous behaviour on Wife Swap a few years ago is anything to go by.

I stand corrected then. Has he ever drunk, i.e. is he a recovering alcoholic?

Valium is an evil drug - fantastic for anxiety but lethal if taken in large quantities.