Max Factor Face Finity

Sarah_1971Sarah_1971 Posts: 1,253
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi. Just wondered in anyone can help. I've been using this foundation for about a month. Last week I started getting face flare ups, all red and itchy and also on the palm of my left hand. These have been getting worse and yesterday was awful.

I bought some allergy tablets and today my face is a bit better, but I am trying to narrow down what the reaction could be to. I think it may be the foundation but I don't know why its happened suddenly after been using for a while.

I am also trying to get an appointment with the doctor which is proving difficult, so I just thought I'd see if anyone has had a similar experience until I can book one.

Comments

• Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I'd stop using the foundation immediately. Take it to the GP so he can see what the ingredients are. If nothing is listed on it then Google ingredients for Max Factor Face Finity - I found the best one on Boots.
    After your visit to the Doc let us know what caused the problem. Hope you are OK now.
  • Sarah_1971Sarah_1971 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have stopped using it but I'm not absolutely sure that it's the foundation that's the problem. I'm just assuming it could be that. The allergy tablets have helped though. I can't think of anything new I've had that could be causing it.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant use Max factor at all. Their mascara gave me a similar reaction and their blusher brought me out in hives.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    Sarah_1971 wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have stopped using it but I'm not absolutely sure that it's the foundation that's the problem. I'm just assuming it could be that. The allergy tablets have helped though. I can't think of anything new I've had that could be causing it.

hmmmm it could be the foundation, it could be something you've eaten or that you have just taken against something like a cleanser/toner/moisturiser. I had a dressing that was used daily for 9 or 10 months then suddenly one day i was allergic to it and it burnt all my skin.....
    sensitivity is a weird unpredictable thing.
    elimination is the best method of detection though.

all my life i've eaten strawberries with no problem except in 1989, every time i ate strawberries that year my tongue swelled up to a worrying degree.....i still don't know why!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking it might be food as well. I'll try the doctors again tomorrow. They wont let me book and appointment. Have to phone every day around 8am to see if I can get one. I work shifts though, so its hard to be available all the time.
    Forum Member
    I was thinking it might be food as well. I'll try the doctors again tomorrow. They wont let me book and appointment. Have to phone every day around 8am to see if I can get one. I work shifts though, so its hard to be available all the time.

Why won't they give you an appointment? Make the call and if you can record the conversation with the surgery record it but you must tell the surgery that you are recording the conversation up front. Make sure when the surgery says no ask them why and then send the recording to your MP. I have done it and it works. Good luck.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They say they don't book appointments ahead any more and you have to call up every day at 8 to try and get one. I cant go today as need to leave for work at 12.30 but I have tomorrow off, so will try then.

Thanks again.
    Forum Member
    They say they don't book appointments ahead any more and you have to call up every day at 8 to try and get one. I cant go today as need to leave for work at 12.30 but I have tomorrow off, so will try then.

Thanks again.

Sarah - I would go to the surgery and get there as soon as they open, don't phone!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the doctors this morning and managed to get an appointment. Saw doctor, he never did any tests or anything but said it could be rosacea and gave me some antibiotic cream to put on. He said try it for 8 weeks and go back, so we'll see what happens.