Options

Sylvia Trench Bond girl

Austin_PearceAustin_Pearce Posts: 382
Forum Member
Who thinks that Sylvia Trench in the early Bond films shouldn't have been dropped? She was supposed to be in the first six, being the main girl in the last one. There was potential, but she was dropped so abruptly.

Comments

• Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    The producers didn't want Bond to have a regular girlfriend, that's why she was dropped.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bond's enough of a sexist, misogynist dinosaur without having a regular girlfriend to cheat on in every film.
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Bond's enough of a sexist, misogynist dinosaur without having a regular girlfriend to cheat on in every film.

I love On Her Majestys Secret Service but it amuses me how he falls in love with Tracy then hops into bed with three women during his assignment then asks Tracy to marry him after being unfaithful three times in one night or however long it was meant to be! I suppose it was all in the line of duty to get information from the girls but seriously, he wasn't thinking much about his intended on that night!
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who thinks that Sylvia Trench in the early Bond films shouldn't have been dropped? She was supposed to be in the first six, being the main girl in the last one. There was potential, but she was dropped so abruptly.

Eunice Gayson, who played Sylvia, was the girlfriend of Terence Young, the original Bond director. He directed the first two - Dr. No and From Russia With Love, but not the third - Goldfinger - which was directed by Guy Hamilton. Sylvia didn't appear in Goldfinger, and didn't return to the series in Thunderball, which was Young's third and final Bond film in the chair.

Interestingly enough, Lois Maxwell claimed in an interview that she was given the choice between Moneypenny and Sylvia.
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JEFF62 wrote: »
    I love On Her Majestys Secret Service but it amuses me how he falls in love with Tracy then hops into bed with three women during his assignment then asks Tracy to marry him after being unfaithful three times in one night or however long it was meant to be! I suppose it was all in the line of duty to get information from the girls but seriously, he wasn't thinking much about his intended on that night!

back then Bond bedded evey bird he could , was watching Live and Let Die again last night and within 2 mins of meeting Rosie Carver he's trying to get in her knickers ( he does too !) .

conversely - how long is Daniel Craig with Olga Kurylenko ? one of the most beautiful women ever , and he never bonks her ! disgraceful !