Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion X (Spoilers)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,838
Administrator
tso wrote: »
Makes me wish i hadnt given away my old wwf tapes now:( reading some of the above comments.
When i moved a year ago i left the video behind.
I had loads of official video ppv's and ones id taped from 96' to around 04'.
It was when it was mental and free:cool:
I remember my first live ppv i stayed up for included the Austin v Shane/Vince(the Greater Power:p) ladder match.
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1339158

Comments

• Options
      SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Back to the present, then. :sleep:

I wonder what CeNexus will be up to tonight.
    • Options
      IC89IC89 Posts: 1,638
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Back to the present, then. :sleep:

I wonder what CeNexus will be up to tonight.

I prefer Nexa or Nexna!!

Hope it's not bad tonight, better keep off Twitter tomorrow morning too, I'm following a couple from here now, and I bet they'll be twitwhoring tonight :eek: ;)

When does WWE peak? Obviously it's pumped at RR-WM time, is that when it's really at the heighest point of the year? Or do they tend to try and have the peak from it's season premier in September?
    • Options
      SuperUnleadedSuperUnleaded Posts: 3,686
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I was wondering, where can I find out the buyrates for past PPVs? Like, the highest-selling events in WWE history and whatnot.
      IC89 wrote: »
      When does WWE peak? Obviously it's pumped at RR-WM time, is that when it's really at the heighest point of the year? Or do they tend to try and have the peak from it's season premier in September?

Peak, to me, would be Survivor Series (beginning of the road to Mania) until around whatever PPV comes after Mania (many feuds are still left unresolved by that point, hence the need for rematches). The slump is usually from May to now, when nothing seems to mean anything on the grand scale of things.
    • Options
      IC89IC89 Posts: 1,638
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I was wondering, where can I find out the buyrates for past PPVs? Like, the highest-selling events in WWE history and whatnot.

Peak, to me, would be Survivor Series (beginning of the road to Mania) until around whatever PPV comes after Mania (many feuds are still left unresolved by that point, hence the need for rematches). The slump is usually from May to now, when nothing seems to mean anything on the grand scale of things.

I found this website the other week when looking for WM X-7 buyrate

http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfppvbr.htm

Only seems to go up to 2008, but the ones from 2008 onwards are easy to find, and it's a bit patchy in places.

Interesting figures though.
    • Options
      jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
      Forum Member
      The biggest selling PPV is a complicated issue Super.

Wrestlemania 17 is the biggest selling PPV in North America with roughly 1,040,000 buys.Wrestlemania 23 attracted 1,200,000 buys,but over 400,000 came from from outside of the US.Also,it's worth noting that PPV was mostly confined to North America until 2002.

Wrestlemania 3 did a 10.2 buyrate,which equals about 400,000 buys.This means 10% of the 4 million homes capable of receiving PPV in 1987 bought the event.That is probably the most impressive figure of all.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
      Forum Member
      Starrcade 1997 was WCW's biggest ever PPV in terms of buyrate (1.9). Not sure how many buys that translates to though.
    • Options
      mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Alfie2008 wrote: »
      Starrcade 1997 was WCW's biggest ever PPV in terms of buyrate (1.9). Not sure how many buys that translates to though.

think you'll find
      wcw the Bunkhouse Stampede (January 24, 1988) 3.50

and the first starcade did a 3.3
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
      Forum Member
      think you'll find
      wcw the Bunkhouse Stampede (January 24, 1988) 3.50

and the first starcade did a 3.3

Didn't realise that lol

Is a 1.9 rate in 1997 better than a 3.5 rate in 1988 due to the increase in homes that could recieve PPV's?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Alfie2008 wrote: »
      Didn't realise that lol

Is a 1.9 rate in 1997 better than a 3.5 rate in 1988 due to the increase in homes that could recieve PPV's?

a 1.9 would just be under 800,000 homes, rule of thumb is every 1.0 = 400,000 homes.

PPV event back in 1988 were few but the channels were there to provide the event.

TV has evolved from just 4 channels to 5 then the cable era started and dish network etc, 1988 they (guessing for example) had 5 main stations and 30 cable channels now they have 5 main stations with there version of freeview ie 100 channels and cable/dish with over 400 channels. That why the ratings decades ago were better because the was not much choice now theres a channel for almost everything.

a 1.9 in 1997 was still a big number for the amount of channels to view

extra added
      Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield (rematch), June 1997 - 1.99 million PPV buy (wcw did well with a 1.9)
    • Options
      AJ WheelsAJ Wheels Posts: 2,758
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      a 1.9 would just be under 800,000 homes, rule of thumb is every 1.0 = 400,000 homes.

PPV event back in 1988 were few but the channels were there to provide the event.

TV has evolved from just 4 channels to 5 then the cable era started and dish network etc, 1988 they (guessing for example) had 5 main stations and 30 cable channels now they have 5 main stations with there version of freeview ie 100 channels and cable/dish with over 400 channels. That why the ratings decades ago were better because the was not much choice now theres a channel for almost everything.

a 1.9 in 1997 was still a big number for the amount of channels to view

extra added
      Mike Tyson vs Evander Holyfield (rematch), June 1997 - 1.99 million PPV buy (wcw did well with a 1.9)

Hey Matt, good to see you're back bro. What do you make of the cenexus storyline and bfg?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      AJ Wheels wrote: »
      Hey Matt, good to see you're back bro. What do you make of the cenexus storyline and bfg?

Yeah back now after people hitting the alert button for nothing. I'm not allowed to admit to something (ps3)

loving the nexus/cena story...theres plenty of twists on the way.

Otunga looks like he might turn face with cena or he want wade out and cena lead nexus.

BFG was ok, the ending was russo/hogan/Bisch playing the internet fans...hardy as a heel wont work.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,065
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/wwe-game-designer-on-daniel-bryan-being-excluded-114077

Daniel Bryan wont be in Smackdown vs Raw 2011 - If he doesnt get released, could be in 2012 edition.
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,885
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      This last hour before Raw is dragging and Vickie in spandex is not helping matters :eek:
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,590
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      What we expecting to happen on Raw tonight then?
    • Options
      wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
      Forum Member
      This last hour before Raw is dragging and Vickie in spandex is not helping matters :eek:

Why don't you let us see you in spandax? Maybe a nice posed picture with your partner.
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Why don't you let us see you in spandax? Maybe a nice posed picture with your partner.

In these days of internet safety I reckon one good turn deserves another. Let's see yours first and then I'll get my camera out :)
    • Options
      richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      A rare week without a guest star this week, let's make the most of it before the triple whammy begins next week :D

Hopefully the titles will be in the building and Nattie gets her rematch at Bragging Rights or sooner :p
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

With that charm of yours, how do you find yourself single? You'd be draped in women if you ever left your laptop.

Hey Kitty, how you doing?
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Anyone expecting Barrett to win the WWE title?
    • Options
      richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      sepmix wrote: »

I don't think he's ready for it IMO

Can see Superman finding a way to mess things up without getting 'fired'
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      richie4eva wrote: »
      A rare week without a guest star this week, let's make the most of it before the triple whammy begins next week :D

Hopefully the titles will be in the building and Nattie gets her rematch at Bragging Rights or sooner :p

Do we know if they have a guest host for the UK Raw yet? I really hope not or that it's someone at least halfway decent.

And yay for the titles :D
      BenjaminS wrote: »
      With that charm of yours, how do you find yourself single? You'd be draped in women if you ever left your laptop.

Hey Kitty, how you doing?

I'm doing great thanks :) Looking forward to a good show (fingers crossed)!! How's things with you?
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      sepmix wrote: »

That's the thing, Orton is more suited for chasing the title than being the champion that Barrett has the aura of succeeding with a belt so the Barrett and Orton feud would work if he beat him at Bragging Rights.
    • Options
      decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Do we know if they have a guest host for the UK Raw yet? I really hope not or that it's someone at least halfway decent.

Whoever they get he or she won't be as good as Ricky Hatton. Although his victory over Chavo Guerrero has been tarnished forever in my eyes since the cocaine scandal. :(
    • Options
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Whoever they get he or she won't be as good as Ricky Hatton. Although his victory over Chavo Guerrero has been tarnished forever in my eyes since the cocaine scandal. :(

You may mock Mr Fatton (and I can't say I blame you in the circumstances :D) but the Sheffield crowd was loving him - and so was I cos I was there :D

I'm hoping they've got Jezza Kyle lined up - him, Punk and Miz in the same promo would really be awesome ;)
    • Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      There's no saying there WILL be a guest for the next UK RAW
    This discussion has been closed.