Suits S5 US Pace

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Yay it's back and back on track by the looks of things.

A case of the week that was thankfully over with.

Some good Donna interactions. Love the bit with Litt.

Litt. My Dictaphone is full to bursting.

Donna. I can help you with that.

Litt. Can you?

Donna. Of course, it's my job to release the pressure on your dictaphone.

And some good psychic Donna moments with the presents and the cake.

Just hope Litt's insecurities don't spoil things again.

I hope they keep the humour going in general too. Suits doesn't do moody too well.

Comments

• AneesaAneesa Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this episode.

I really felt sorry for Harvey. It shows just how lost he is without Donna by his side. Even when Jessica offered to help, he declined which shows that he still cares for her a lot.

Can't wait for the next one!
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love having it back......Donna is just amazing.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good opener. I don't think it was a case of the week at all, it comes across as the next 'big' case that'll take them through the first 10 episodes before the mid-season break.

I imagine Donna will go back to Harvey, but, as they showed last season with Mike at his new job, it won't be for a while as they'll go with the new direction for a few episodes.
  • welshblobwelshblob Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm suits appears to be people talking alot in glass offices, sometimes different glass offices. I still like it though.

I took Harvey's actions with putting the anti anxiety drugs down the toilet to mean he's moved on and back in control. Which is a very naive view of mental conditions like that. Of course that might be what Harvey thinks but it might play out that his condition will still be a factor in this series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshblob wrote: »
    Hmm suits appears to be people talking alot in glass offices, sometimes different glass offices. I still like it though.

I took Harvey's actions with putting the anti anxiety drugs down the toilet to mean he's moved on and back in control. Which is a very naive view of mental conditions like that. Of course that might be what Harvey thinks but it might play out that his condition will still be a factor in this series.

That's what I thought with him throwing away the drugs and going to talk to Donna in front of Louis to get the list of names for replacements. Harvey loves to be in control and doesn't waht the panic stakes to take over. I definitely think it will come back during the series as something he will struggle with, especially as Donna is still in his everyday life, just not how he wants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneesa wrote: »
    That's what I thought with him throwing away the drugs and going to talk to Donna in front of Louis to get the list of names for replacements. Harvey loves to be in control and doesn't waht the panic stakes to take over. I definitely think it will come back during the series as something he will struggle with, especially as Donna is still in his everyday life, just not how he wants.

So I wonder what the resolution will be? Harvey and Donna get together? That would make sense as now she isn't his secretary there shouldn't be any conflict in the office.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody watched the latest episode?

Seems like everytime Harvey genuinely wants to make things right with Louis, he always manages to mess it up.

The whole pre nup situation with Rachel and Mike was interesting to see how her father cares about Rachel and with Mike and Robert now working together they can get to know each other better.

Love Harvey's new secretary! The whole comment about him not being "manly enough" but having a good ass 😭

Just want to see how the Donna situation will get resolved now.

Overall, great episode.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneesa wrote: »
    Love Harvey's new secretary! The whole comment about him not being "manly enough" but having a good ass 😭
    I actually think she said "Well, if you have to ask..." rather than "You have the ass" to be honest. I thought I heard that too, but when I watched it back, it was definitely "Well, if you have to ask..."
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »
    I actually think she said "Well, if you have to ask..." rather than "You have the ass" to be honest. I thought I heard that too, but when I watched it back, it was definitely "Well, if you have to ask..."

Yes definitely 'If you have to ask'. :)

She is a good alternative to Donna, she won't be let Harvey play her around.

It is good to have Donna and Litt together but I do wish he would listen to her more. I know it was for the story but he really should have not left Harvey's info out for every one to read after Donna warned him not to. I hope part of their growth is that he will start to listen to her more.

Good to see Jessica warming up a little and taking an interest in her staff's life.

This show does best when everyone is working together and it is the clients who are the enemy or partners we haven't meet yet.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad this is back I'm going to do my usuall and wait for 8 or 10 episdoes, I like to watch hardcore back to back :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad this is back I'm going to do my usuall and wait for 8 or 10 episdoes, I like to watch hardcore back to back :)

I wish I could wait to binge watch, but I needs me fix of Donna every week.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad its back. I did think Donna was going to have jealousy issues when he brought in a younger better looking woman but then he went the opposite way and I love his new secretary brings a new dimension to it, more of a mother role. I'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out with Lit and Donna.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A good episode, I feel the chemistry between the cast and characters is getting back to what it was in the early series.

I think it is a good idea if they have Jessica mentor Rachel and they become good friends. Jessica is so much better when she's warmer than she has been.

Not too keen on yet another internal power struggle, but I'll take it as a hook to hang things on, although it feel like a rehash of past power struggles.

Not enough Donna for my liking but I did like the bit in the psych office with her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just seen the first 10 mins of episode 4 and already it has to be the best episode for a while.

Amy Acker as Louis's sister,

Amanda Schull's character back.

And 'The Wire' referrence for Wendell Pierce 'Shiiittt'. Although shame it wasn't his character in the Wire who said that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen the first 10 mins of episode 4 and already it has to be the best episode for a while.

Amy Acker as Louis's sister,

Amanda Schull's character back.

And 'The Wire' referrence for Wendell Pierce 'Shiiittt'. Although shame it wasn't his character in the Wire who said that.

Yes by far the best episode for a while. Wonder if we'll get more of Amy this season? She seems to have a rather flexible contract given she is a season regular on POI.

I quite like they bring back older characters like Amanda's as well as it makes it all a bit more real.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    welshblob wrote: »
    Yes by far the best episode for a while. Wonder if we'll get more of Amy this season? She seems to have a rather flexible contract given she is a season regular on POI.

I quite like they bring back older characters like Amanda's as well as it makes it all a bit more real.

Oh oh, Rachel's face when Mike was talking about having a daughter. :eek:

They really are giving Jessica more character. She's still tough but getting a lot more likable.

Donna's face at the end. both :( and :)

Best ever episode.

Loved the bit between Louis and Harvey about his sister.
  • MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh oh, Rachel's face when Mike was talking about having a daughter. :eek:

They really are giving Jessica more character. She's still tough but getting a lot more likable.

Donna's face at the end. both :( and :)

Best ever episode.

Loved the bit between Louis and Harvey about his sister.

I liked the sister storyline as well plus it stopped Harvey from continuing to be a bit of a dick. Loved Donnas face at the end and I love how she keeps Louis from being the bell-end he usually is :) it's getting better now I wasn't enjoying it too much at the beginning of the season.
  • DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,310
    Forum Member
    Amazing episode. Best in a very long time. Having seen the promo for next week's though, I'm not really looking forward to it...
    Tanner is back. Yawn.
  • lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed this episode a lot. Seeing more dimensions to each character and feels like everyone's moving forward rather than round in circles as in previous seasons.
  • DanManF1DanManF1 Posts: 8,310
    Forum Member
    Well I have to say that the latest episode was a lot better than I expected. Just waiting for Harvey and his psychiatrist to get it on now. Can't be too far away, surely? Definitely looks like it's going to happen.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! Last nights episode was probably the best of Season 5 so far. So much emotion, backstory and then that ending. Surprised more people aren't talking about it! Argh, I hate having to wait a week between episodes, but that was the mid-season finale, it won't be back until January 2016! ARGH!
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant episode. So emotional. They handled it really well. Mike's Gran telling young Mike about his parents' death was heartbreaking. The ending was a nice shock too.

Really excited about Suits' return.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't got round to watching it yet, have been saving it for when I'm in the right mood, especially as it is the mid season final.

This season has been on form and back to what it used to be. Although not enough Donna for me. :)
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the final season ?

What an episode !
  • Harris_07Harris_07 Posts: 27,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    Is this the final season ?

What an episode !

No, there's going to be season 6. :)