Wisdom teeth out tomorrow...

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    Well.........

I've just been let out of hospital. I had to go to A&E on the weekend because I was in so much pain and they kept me in! I had a bad infection in my gum and also a blood clot where the socket was. I was in SO MUCH PAIN and being in hospital was horrible but thankfully they looked after me well and I'm back home and in a lot less pain! Still swollen though.

And I DO NOT want my other tooth out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...I had a bad infection in my gum and also a blood clot where the socket was...

I think you're supposed to have a blood clot in the socket - otherwise it's a dry socket which is much more painful.

I had one of two done some 12 years ago, and it was sufficiently bad that I only braved having the other one done last year. I only relented then because a) I did get pain from the tooth and b) the dentist said it gets worse the older you get as your bones continue to harden. Fortunately it was not too bad.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,846
    Forum Member
    It couldn't have been more painful Gyles! I have never been in so much pain in my life, thankfully they gave me a drip of painkillers and antibiotics when I was in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    oh my god i had my wisdom tooth taken out a few months ago and it was horrific! I had been in pain for a while before i braved the dentist and my face had actually swollen up because my wisdom tooth was infecting my gums. In the end i had to go to an emergency dentist, who kept giving me injections because the painkiller wasn't kicking in. Then he got out a scalpal! (f*ck i nearly fainted when he brought that out) he cut up my gum pretty good and had to practically stand on me to pull my wisdom tooth out.
    afterwards i was in horrendous pain for a week and couldn't speak for ages as my face was so swollen and bruised.

moral of the story; DO NOT leave it to the last minute and end up having to go to an emergency dentist! and DO go to the hopsital and get knocked out for it! it hurts!
  • biggeralbiggeral Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madge B,

Sorry you had such a bad time with your wisdom teeth. I expect the worst is behind you now. Hope you feel better soon.

Bigger Al