The DS Factor - Does Digital Spy have the X Factor?

Comments

• pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry a bit confused? I'm called "painful" and get a seat? Probably just for the drama of being swapped out but thanks stacey :p
  • aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Sorry a bit confused? I'm called "painful" and get a seat? Probably just for the drama of being swapped out but thanks stacey :p

That's another way of saying she liked you really. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gav's comments:

Pingu:
    I think you have a super dope voice and I really love that you keep it restrained - I think it's really classy and I enjoyed this performance a lot more than your audition. The song may have been a liiittle bit big for you, sadly, and that meant that I felt a tiny bit whelmed, but a decent effort.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solomon - You sounded a little quirky in this which is a quality I didn't really notice in your voice before unless you were just nervous? But anyway I preferred this to your audition, you definitely upped your game.
    pjh8 wrote: »
    You were around halfway (I think) in my rankings and some contestants I'd have definitely chosen I didn't get as others got there first. I also kind of based it on potential and overall likability and I thought you were quite good in your audition. :p
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    That's another way of saying she liked you really. :p

Lol her hate is really love, I thought I was a dead cert for one of her seats. :D
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Solomon - You sounded a little quirky in this which is a quality I didn't really notice in your voice before unless you were just nervous? But anyway I preferred this to your audition, you definitely upped your game.

You were around halfway (I think) in my rankings and some contestants I'd have definitely chosen I didn't get as others got there first. I also kind of based it on potential and overall likability and I thought you were quite good in your audition. :p

Stacey giving us a bit of an insight to the inner workings here :D

Gotta say I'm loving this, even though I'm sort of terrified of losing that seat. I should get involved in more forum games.
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You really should do, I have a few games ready to launch soon for the new year. ;)
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    HI Soloman - I do appreciate the effort and there were parts of your performance which were nice, but you lost the tune quite a bit and your voice sounded a little stilted. I think with more practice you have good potential, good luck for the next round.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Pingu won the hearts of a certain judge? Lets find out...

Solomon, you will...
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everybody is so fabulous! I'm jealous.
    Forum Member
    Soppyfan wrote: »
    You really should do, I have a few games ready to launch soon for the new year. ;)

The only thing is for judging most of them seem to involve matching songs to acts who've been in the show, which I suck at :p

Just wanna say I'm kinda sad Pete didn't get through/ The banter with Stacey could've been legendary </3
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...BE GOING HOME :(:(

Im so sorry Penguin, you have not been given a seat, however this is not the end of the road just yet!

Marsha's Chairs:
    1. Pooley (Liam)
    2. Soppyfan (Steve)

Gav's Chairs:
    1 . darthdevidem01 (AJ)
    2 . Evillamathingy (Chris)

Stacey's Chairs:
    1 . TVScanner99 (Tom)
    2 . PJH8 (Paul)
    On to our 10TH performer!
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No seat for Pingu, but not all is lost just yet. Remember the twist, folks.

Our next act left quite an impression during his first audition. Can ASwede (Robert) do it again with Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran?

https://audioboom.com/boos/2676578-thinking-out-loud
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gav's comments:

Robert:
    You are actually all kinds of incredible. I'm not really a huge lover of Ed Sheeran, but I've listened to this about 6x already. You're setting the bar for this competition SO high and I cannot wait to see where you head next, that was genuinely flawless.
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    Robert - Wow! I really really liked this! You have a really really appealing voice which is lovely to listen to, your song choice was fantastic - it was a pleasure to listen to your bootcamp performance. You remind me of the singer from the band 'the 4 of us' (old irish band before your time but the singer has a gorgeous voice similar to yours and he played acoustic guitar too), they do a slow guitar version of sound of the underground by girls aloud, youtube it it would be fab for you!, I also think something by the Frames/Glen Hansard would suit you too. But wow well done loved it, and you definitely need to make the lives! Definitely my favourite performance so far! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robert - I totally adore this song and I was honestly WOW'd by this performance, I can't get over how good actually you are. Your voice is so incredibly beautiful and smooth that I could listen to it all day, I'm sad the song didn't go on for longer. I love the guitar playing as well, it shows a really good sense of how talented you are as a musician and credible artistry (including your inspiring song choices). I'm not even joking when I say this but I listened to it on repeat afterwards too, easily the performance of the whole series so far. I adored everything about it and I would probably fangirl over you whilst remaining professional, obviously.
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so totally attracted to Robert rn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowing reception there for Robert, however has he done enough to earn himself a seat?

Robert, you will...
  • cheekypetercheekypeter Posts: 6,552
    Forum Member
    Satanel wrote: »
    Everybody is so fabulous! I'm jealous.

I know they really are, me too!
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, he sang that Ed Sheeran song better than I did. :blush:
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg i'm on last, totes nervous. :eek:

Also I really love Tom & Robert; defo my F2 so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TAKE GAV'S LAST SEAT!

Marsha's Chairs:
    1. Pooley (Liam)
    2. Soppyfan (Steve)

Gav's Chairs:
    1 . darthdevidem01 (AJ)
    2 . Evillamathingy (Chris)
    3. Aswede (Robert)

Stacey's Chairs:
    1 . TVScanner99 (Tom)
    2 . PJH8 (Paul)

Next performance please?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sooo gutted I never got you Robert, you'll always be my winner :cry:
    Forum Member
    And now the tension becomes palpable for Gav's category :D
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done Robert, that means 7 out of 9 chairs are now filled.

Next up, it's our sole female competitor Strictly_Irish (Louise) hoping to impress with All I Want by Kodaline.

https://audioboom.com/boos/2685549-all-i-want