Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 21)

Comments

• Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    They should just start up a new club called The Dunfermline FC and kiss goodbye to all their creditors, they'll be the same club anyway.....

Or maybe they'll go into admin and shed a load of debt like Dundee (twice) and others have done.
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a great game so far not an awful lot at stake to be honest
  • bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lack of any real incisiveness in and around the Juve box costing us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the result is a huge surprise but if I was a Celtic fan I would be a bit dissapointed in that Juventus won't be anywhere near winning the Champions League.

The likes of Real Madrid and Bayern would thrash them
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I don't think the result is a huge surprise but if I was a Celtic fan I would be a bit dissapointed in that Juventus won't be anywhere near winning the Champions League.

TBF Juve haven't even got out of neutral in this particular round of ties - just about impossible to tell how they will perform in the latter stages.

But 5-0 in the CL is not to be scoffed at during the knock-out stages ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Unlucky to Celtic. They worked hard and got lucky to get where they are, but the last 16 requires real quality and they just don't have any to compete with.

They don't belong amongst the big boys.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Urgh. Why is it that Neil Lennon has to grog all over the ground every time a camera is pointed at him? Disgusting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the true test begins, we've secured the finances for the next couple of years at least - now we need to rebuild in the summer with the likely departures needing to be replaced.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Ronaldo. wrote: »
    They don't belong amongst the big boys.
    Neither do the EPL teams.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done keeping score down tonight ...juve played really well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...did Dundee actually just win?
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Neither do the EPL teams.

Wasn't it an EPL team that won it last year with another getting in the final a year before that ? :confused:

Anyway, I'm not sure what relevance that has to Celtic but hey-ho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Ronaldo. wrote: »
    Wasn't it an EPL team that won it last year with another getting in the final a year before that ? :confused:

Anyway, I'm not sure what relevance that has to Celtic but hey-ho.

That some of the so-called 'big boys' spending tens of millions of pounds never made the last 16 - we were there because we deserved to be there - end of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That some of the so-called 'big boys' spending tens of millions of pounds never made the last 16 - we were there because we deserved to be there - end of.

finishing in last 16 is something to be proud of imo...final score a little bit of sore one but id still be proud if that was rangers
    Forum Member

I agree with that. They certainly earned their crack against one of the bigger teams in the competition, I never said anything different.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 200,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now the true test begins, we've secured the finances for the next couple of years at least - now we need to rebuild in the summer with the likely departures needing to be replaced.

not enough new blood on our bus, I hate tae say, ..... include me in that statement !! :(:(:(:(
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We won :eek: And we were behind, too.

Shite for the first hour then a great finish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Celtic In Crisis as Lennon admits stars could leave in the summer'

at least thats what is sounds like.
  • glasgow67glasgow67 Posts: 6,144
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Juventus beat Chelsea in the Group Stage who beat Bayern last year in the final and are pishing the League with AC Milan in it who beat Barcelona 2-0 who are pishing the League with Real Madrid in it.

I think any team in it would struggle to beat Juventus, especially Real Madrid - they dont do too well against teams who can defend well and Man United would have knocked them out if Nani never got sent off. Juventus are better than Man United.

I think the two most likely teams to beat Juventus would be Dortmund and Bayern Munich who are strong in defence and attack and can play fast paced football. Real Madrid and Barcelona I think would struggle against them and I think they would beat PSG, Schalke, Galatasaray, Milan or anyone else quite easily.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scotland squad time, there's is only 1 Liam Bridcott:D joking aside it's nice to see Gary Mackay-Stevens in squad, Johnny Russell would have been in squad too surely but for his injury.

No Lee Griffiths though:confused: still too many of the old guard hanging about though and the Championship English born policy seems to be continuing
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    any falkirk fans in the house?

whats your views on steven pressley as a manager?
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not at all. Look at the Juve side to the celtic side. Whoever we played in the last 16 was going to be a huge ask.

Madrid and Bayern may well beat Juve but thrash them? I dont think so.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    juve have a great chance of winning the whole thing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »

I'm not a fan per say but i do go to some games with my son as i live locally to Falkirk

heard Barry Smith has got his job though as Pressley is going t Coventry

not sure if true, was on my fb

wouldn't say pressley was bad manager , but wouldn t sing his praises either
  • CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

not a falkrik fan but from what i have seen they are happy to see him leave.
This discussion has been closed.