Options

[GAME] DS's Next Top Artist: Series #8

r0ry101r0ry101 Posts: 13,136
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello and welcome to the ACT REVEAL of DS's Next Top Artist: Series 8 hosted by myself and the fierce Alexos.

Tonight we will introduce the 20 contestants who will be mentoring 2 acts of their choice for this series - making it a total of 40 acts to meet tonight!

As well as revealing all the contestants, we will also be giving you some information such as the first theme and date of the live shows, as well as some general information on how this series works.

Mentor's will reveal their acts in alphabetical order:

Aliyah101
Arran_Dempster
Carlisle156
Dandem
Dylanpartyon
EndOfSanity
Fireemblemcraze
Gav 2.0
Jackel1234
Jag02010
Jordan
Lucas
Medialover
Pingu58011
PJH8
Satanel
Staceyxxx23
Strictly_Irish
Unclekevo
Willrelf92

Mentor's who are present please post on the thread. We will begin in roughly 10 minutes.

Comments

• Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feels weird not starting the thread :p, still getting used to my transition from host to player!

Also i'm present and ready to kick things off, great to see some new names in there and some familiar faces :D.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here; thankfully I'm last so that gives me plenty of time to have a bath. :D

Welcome to everyone. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    I'm here; thankfully I'm last so that gives me plenty of time to have a bath. :D

Welcome to everyone. :)

I can't have a shower as i'm first :cry::cry:
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excited to see everyone's acts tonight and it's good to see some new members participating too!
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be watching this Series line-up with excitement! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting off the show tonight is the disgustingly indie girl of NTA, knowing for being 'occasionally' volatile, it's Aliyah101!
  • Options
    jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    here and looking forward to seeing everyones acts :D
  • Options
    MediaLoverMediaLover Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Good Evening Everyone!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Rory. Ruth elimination says hi :cool:

*Cue overhead panning shot of my judges house location, on top of Mount Everest. Florence Welch is gracefully sat next to me whilst we deliberate.

Next shot - I'm sat on a throne overlooking the glorious Everest summit whilst I deliver my judges houses decision

Boys, this is the tough part of the competition, I only have 1 place in the NTA live finals. You have bonded so well for a group that has just been put together 10 years ago. You in particular Brandon have an incredible vocal range. My biggest problem is, will players accept that I have picked an act that has more than 100 views on youtube, you are my most mainstream act to date, will the audience accept how I've abandoned my disgustingly indie roots?

The other issue is that every album in between have been so different, from punk rock, to glam rock, to alternative rock and now synthpop and electro. How can I ensure that you're not everyone in a circus but -that- one STAR ACT? At this point in the game, I'm like "WHO ARE YOU AS AN ARTIST? WHAT IS YOUR LANE? TAKE YOUR LANE"

I have made a decision. I'm sorry guys, it's not good news. IT'S GREAT NEWS.

PANIC! AT THE DISCO. YOU ARE THROUGH TO THE NTA LIVE FINALS.

*Cue Leona Lewis - Run music"

I've been thinking about your sick gran and your dead dog since 4am and I haven't slept all day because of it.

You've got the star quality about you, you have a distinctive voice, an amazing voice and i think people will remember you, you also made me laugh with your witty lyrics and personality. However, yesterday you were incredibly nervous and that put doubts in my mind, when we get to the live shows, will you be able to handle the pressure? I mean it's a gruelling process, performing week in and out. It's so frustrating to watch because you look like a popstar, you sound like a popstar, YOU ARE a popstar but I don't think you believe in yourself, i need you to have confidence and have steal in your eyes.

I have to make a decision based on all the cliches i've just mentioned above, well girl...You have to work on your self confidence because..

WHINNIE WILLIAMS (formally known as SUNDAY GIRL) I have to TAKE YOU THROUGH TO THE NTA LIVE FINALS.

*cue Leona Lewis - Footprints in the Sand*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like how Whinnie looks like she's from the 50's in her picture whilst PATD look like they're on a really terrible stag night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    I like how Whinnie looks like she's from the 50's in her picture whilst PATD look like they're on a really terrible stag night

Did i ask you for your opinion? :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Did i ask you for your opinion? :cool:

[09/10/2014 19:02:51] Aliyah .: jakk comment
    [09/10/2014 19:02:54] Aliyah .: no ones commented
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Next up we have a relatively new player in NTA who has already made his mark, it's Arran_Dempster!

Are you here to introduce your acts Arran?
  • Options
    Arran_DempsterArran_Dempster Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first act I'm putting theough is one of my favourite most experimental artists I listen to. She was originally anonymous and people couldn't put her music in a box. She draws inspiration from some amazing artists (including my idol: Aaliyah). I cant wait to introduce some of you to the glory that is... FKA twigs. I was torn between her, Solange, and Tinashe, but I decided FKA twigs was the best option due to the flawlessness of her vocal and her sheer differentiation from every single artist out there. She has such beautiful vocal technique, and her music is just so special, and haunting it would be a crime for her not to be represented this year.

My second artist is another British artist, who is relativly well known but still hasnt hit the mainstream. With her upcoming album released soon, i will have a glory of beautiful new tracks to introduce you to. The amazing lyricism and soul in her tone means she has to be her. It's... Jessie Ware. Jessie's music just moves me and touches me in a way not many can, so thats why I need her in my top two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    [09/10/2014 19:02:51] Aliyah .: jakk comment
    [09/10/2014 19:02:54] Aliyah .: no ones commented

:o making up porky pies?? it went like:
    [09/10/2014 19:03:24] Jakk.: My opinion is equivalent to my baking - foul and pointless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aww Arran, I'm blessed to be your idol :p.

Also FKA twigs is AMAZING as is Jessie :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please feel free to post your opinions, positive or negative, on the acts people are picked as we go along ;-)
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here, although my intros are gonna be short and sweet, so thanks for already showing me up Ali.

Yay for P!ATD though :)

EDIT: nvm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The third mentor tonight is the always sassy and NTA regular Carlisle156!

David, are you here to introduce?
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I am late, showbiz drama, but do not worry, Rory and Alex have now united
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great choice in Jessie Ware, Arran! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like David can't make it! Anyways here are his acts:

Joining Alex's heats will be.....George Erza!

For Rory, David has chosen....London Grammar!
  • Options
    fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Whinne Williams looks like a smashed mess while PATD look like they're those clingy men on the street who are desperate for action (Ruth's elimination says hi Aliyah <3).

Loving all the choices so far esp Jessie and London Grammar <3.

And hey guys won't be here for very long due to uni and work and shizz but good luck to everyone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another familiar face joins the cast of NTA#8 next, it's the lovely Dandem!

Please introduce if you can :)
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, here we go!

Pop quiz - Which New Zealand singer-songwriter's stage name is inspired by a 1985 Matthew Broderick film? Before launching her solo career, she was in a band called "Two Lane Blacktop" and her music has been described as indie rock, synthpop and new wave. My first act is Ladyhawke

My second act are a duo consisting of that other member of Gnarls Barkley that isn't Cee-Lo Green, and the leader singer of The Shins. And although you wouldn't expect them to be awesome together, they are. Like chocolate digestives and Philadelphia Cream Cheese. Seriously, it sounds gross, but just try it. It's amazing. Just like Broken Bells.