Options

"is.... to be revealed after the break!!!"

muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can they just stop with this, it is so annoying!!!

Comments

• Options
    Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's not as if it's a surprise anymore. Bit with more couples next week there's bound to be a break at some point during the vote reveal.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's got so predictable. We always know that the ads are coming anyway, as the little rolling thingy appears on the top right of the screen!
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Fatima502 wrote: »
    Yes, it's not as if it's a surprise anymore. Bit with more couples next week there's bound to be a break at some point during the vote reveal.

you are missing the exciting surprise though - when he will say it - before any names or after a few or at the last minute...........

Bottom line is its more dramatic if you have to have a break to split the announcement - also stops people just tuning in after the advert break.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have to keep the suspense going on. But it is a bit annoying though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get upset that he spoils the surprise of when the ad break's coming.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's almost as predictable as his little ear tap - "I'm about to be given (taps ear) the results..." - i.e. it is not my fault the pauses between names are so long, I have to wait to be told, don't blame me!! :D
  • Options
    GillT07GillT07 Posts: 1,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've started watch the main show only recently. But I can't face the stress of the long, drawn out results.
    So I just turn on when it's near the end, or all over.
  • Options
    VientreVientre Posts: 1,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The long pauses and breaks = boredom more than suspense.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you are missing the exciting surprise though - when he will say it - before any names or after a few or at the last minute...........

Bottom line is its more dramatic if you have to have a break to split the announcement - also stops people just tuning in after the advert break.......

This is such a turn off that I turned off or rather over. I emailed the ITV to say that the long pauses between announcements were ridiculous and that I wouldn't be watching the results show any more. Which I didn't!

I did get a reply from the production team!
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    What did they say then Gill?
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I can't stand that, so what I did last night was tape it and watched Lark Rise To Candleford and then Hunter, then watched DOI afterwards, that way I can fast forward all the boring bits and just watch the skating and the results, It didn't even take an hour. :D Plus I don't have to listen to Jason Gardner or Rushie Henshall. !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    muppeteer wrote: »
    Can they just stop with this, it is so annoying!!!
    .... and doesn't Phillip Scofield do it with an annoyingly smug expression on his face!!!! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,821
    Forum Member
    It's almost as predictable as his little ear tap - "I'm about to be given (taps ear) the results..." - i.e. it is not my fault the pauses between names are so long, I have to wait to be told, don't blame me!! :D

I think that's just so we don't think he's making them up as he goes along!! :D
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The pause between reading out the names from the start - plus the Advert break - used to be dramatic, but now it has become dull and a bit pointless. When they get to that part of the show I tend to start channel hopping and go back in time to see who is doing the skate-off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are expecting it now..
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it when he says that! It's all part of the endearing naffness that is DOI.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it when he says that! It's all part of the endearing naffness that is DOI.

Yeah, it's annoying but how can you have DOI without it?:p A love to hate thing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this really annoys me too. It doesnt add anything to the show. It reminds me of when Millionaire used to drag out every question - it was painful viewing and i stopped watching because of this. Hopefully it will stop soon.
  • Options
    plinkiplonkplinkiplonk Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, strictly speaking, it DOES add to the show - minutes, that is. They need to fill their screen time with something, and it's not as if Torvill & Dean will be doing any more xtra routines anytime soon, so expect it to get worse as the numbers dwindle...:mad:
  • Options
    quelquechosequelquechose Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    It is so annoying and so stupid. Also that ear tap

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
  • Options
    Cookies&CreamCookies&Cream Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Yes this is really anoying for me aswell. We know its coming anyway now so its not suprise anymore. Its just a bit cheesy I think.
  • Options
    soapgirlheresoapgirlhere Posts: 2,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i know, it's really annoying. it's so predictable now.
    they should have a break before any of the results are announced.
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest, I quite like it :o

I like finding out who the last 3 couples are and then spending the advert break fretting/wondering (depending who's there) who will be in the skate-off. Though it's usually obvious by that stage, but you can never be sure.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    the amount of adverts in this show is ridiculous! theres a set of adverts before the first person even skates.