'Chris love rumours fired up'

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lilsaz wrote: »
    Having said that this could be totally taken out of context as the paps usually do so we have no proof Jason said anything atall.

Exactly! The initial reports on this were dismissed by many forum members as being made up without facts(which I still think is probably the case), but as soon as a paper prints something about Jason that can be taken in a negative light then it must be the truth.

Everything directly quoted by Jason there could be said in a sarcastic tone to imply that the accusations are ridiculous. Much more Jason's style - as some people are usually at pains to point out.
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Karen and Nicky are on This Morning, tomorrow. Maybe Philip will ask her about the rumours!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    spinnersue wrote: »
    Would you like to jump down off that high horse now K_evans? The previous poster has as much right to post what he/she thinks as you do on here and on the other forum.

No I find my post perfectly reasonable thanks very much... The post about the other thread is also reasonable if you go read it and the OP agreed...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    Everything directly quoted by Jason there could be said in a sarcastic tone to imply that the accusations are ridiculous. Much more Jason's style - as some people are usually at pains to point out.

Sure it could have been meant as a big joke. But equally, any media-savvy person knows that the only way to stop these things getting out of hand is to keep them quiet by claiming you don't know anything or going for a bland 'they're both very nice people to work with' line that steers clear of the actual subject.

Jason is nothing if not media-savvy and must have known that his remarks would be scrutinised and pored over by the press. Which leads me to conclude that he did it deliberately.

Plus it certainly hasn't benefited Chris, Karen, the show or the production team in any way, so I can only conclude that Jason spotted yet another chance to hog the media limelight and grabbed it without a thought for his colleagues.

And all of the above stands whether the actual allegations are true or not, so to say that this incident has been turned into Jason-bashing is bollocks.

It's nothing to do with the truth of the incident. It's to do with his inability to resist a chance to promote the greater glory of Jason Gardiner. Certainly there'll be fewer people queuing up to be nice to him after this latest gob-off.
  • spinnersuespinnersue Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    Well after watching Karen on various tv progs this week it seems to me that she definitely has an extra "sparkle" about her, especially on Friday DOI. Don't know if anyone else has noticed it?
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,338
    Forum Member
    Well after watching Karen on various tv progs this week it seems to me that she definitely has an extra "sparkle" about her, especially on Friday DOI. Don't know if anyone else has noticed it?

Well she certainly has had a make over from the woman in the first season that dressed like Preincess Pademe from Star Wars
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Droog83 wrote: »
    Nail on the head there! He has no loyalties whatsoever to his colleagues does he? I love how he had the audacity to call Sharon disrespectful to T&D for something she had little to do with and then a fortnight later fans the flames of something that would be far more damaging and indeed disrespectful not only to Chris and his family but also one of his fellow judges! Sour grapes from Sunday much? (He said on his twitter yesterday that he was still "miffed" about Mikey leaving and that "skating judges are such hypocrites")

What an odious little man he is :mad:
    Unfortunately, the show continues to indulge him. I can only guess it's because the producers think that any controversy he generates will bring in viewers. :(
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Jason Gardiner thinks the skating world is "bizarre". He's a fine one to talk - he is the bizarrest thing on British television. He really is an odious creature - yapping to the press about work colleagues private lives. We all know he is an egomaniac and broadcasts private stuff about his "love life". Gardiner has absolutely no integrity and for all his protestations about Sharron being disloyal - no doubt he sold his story about Chris and Karen for money. Absolutely vile - the man has the morals of an alley cat and the venom of an anaconda.
  • spinnersuespinnersue Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    samiskim wrote: »
    So Jason Gardiner thinks the skating world is "bizarre". He's a fine one to talk - he is the bizarrest thing on British television. He really is an odious creature - yapping to the press about work colleagues private lives. We all know he is an egomaniac and broadcasts private stuff about his "love life". Gardiner has absolutely no integrity and for all his protestations about Sharron being disloyal - no doubt he sold his story about Chris and Karen for money. Absolutely vile - the man has the morals of an alley cat and the venom of an anaconda.

I didn't realise he had done a "story" about Chris and Karen....I thought he had merely answered a couple of questions put to him. Where was this printed?
  • samiskimsamiskim Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't realise he had done a "story" about Chris and Karen....I thought he had merely answered a couple of questions put to him. Where was this printed?

In the Sun.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member

I've thought she's had an extra glow about her all series.
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samiskim wrote: »
    In the Sun.

Then it must be true.

Ask the people of Liverpool if the Sun prints the truth.
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    Then it must be true.
    Then what must be true? :confused:

The post wasn't saying the story about Chris was true.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    It must be true because it's printed in The Sun.

The Sun only publishes the truth. :rolleyes:
  • peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's true that you have to take stories in the tabloids with more than a pinch of salt, but quoting Jason like that is unlikely to be made up. It wasn't even 'sources close to the show', or 'an industry insider' but Jason by name.

What a despicable hypocrite he is! However, I've been greatly cheered by the thought that he may be hoist by his own petard and will not have his contract renewed next year. Christopher Dean strikes me as a calm man, but even he must be incensed by such disloyalty.
  • memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peeve wrote: »
    It's true that you have to take stories in the tabloids with more than a pinch of salt, but quoting Jason like that is unlikely to be made up. It wasn't even 'sources close to the show', or 'an industry insider' but Jason by name.

What a despicable hypocrite he is! However, I've been greatly cheered by the thought that he may be hoist by his own petard and will not have his contract renewed next year. Christopher Dean strikes me as a calm man, but even he must be incensed by such disloyalty.
    Not to mention Jayne! She and Chris are known to have their occasional spats and arguments but they're also known to be fiercely protective of each other. I doubt she'll be too pleased with Jason for opening his mouth either.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    In the Sunday paper I read that his wife gave an interview (if true, who knows??) and said that Chris now spends 6 months a year in England due to DoI, TV Show and Tour. I thought the excuse for the break up was rather ridiculous, being a military wife I know all about separation and still we have managed to be married for 22 years!!! Why did she not move to England with him as their kids are 12 and 14 and could have gone to school here. She said they made the decision to live in Colorado and bring up their kids there but life is constantly changing and you have to move with the flow. It seemed more like an excuse than a real reason to break up a marriage. The family live in a gated community in the mountains and it all sounds very exclusive and terribly expensive so how could she live like this without Chris working like a madman here on Dancing on Ice!! .
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    I've thought she's had an extra glow about her all series.

I agree, she looked fabulous on Friday's show with Ben and Coleen. She has totally changed from her first appearance on DoI when she had a longer hairstyle, rather old fashioned and frumpy dresses. She looks amazing now. Pity Jayne cannot find a good stylist as on Sunday that dress was AWFUL, flattened her boobs down and emphasised her stomach. Ghastly. She is a good looking woman with a great figure and she should be easy to dress. She looked dreadful on Sunday night.:eek:
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    OT, but just to relply to DG re Jayne. I agree that her dress selections haven't been so good this series. I think it was a couple of series ago, when they has her in a lot of knee-length floaty, chiffon empire lines and she looked lovely. This year they've gone with lots of full-on evening gowns and I've often preferred her skating outfits to her 'posh frocks'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    peeve wrote: »

Yes exactly, tabloids have a way of twisting things to create a story but those are direct quotes from Jason and they can only really be taken one way.

As we saw in the Sharron debacle, Chris Dean isn't someone you cross or even disagree with if you know what's good for you (as Chris Fountain said on his Twitter, "you don't diss the Dean!") ...if he's got the knives out for you, don't really stand a chance. This isn't an aspect of his personality that I particularly like, clearly there's a lot of ego that goes into becoming as successful as he is, but if he wanted to ruin Jason I think I might just turn a blind eye ;)